What should I do?

Cage9d9

Reaction score
So I've leveled 5 mages up to 90 on free accounts. They obviously have all expansions except for VOA/ROF. Couple of questions:

1. Should I waste 39.99x5 for ROF to get ROF/VOA right now or wait? (new expansion in November right? Will that include all previous expansions?)

2. Is there a way to get 5 ROF expansions cheaper? Steam Sale ever or anything at all I'm not thinking about?

Or should I just stop being a cheap ass and purchase it...Not only do I have to purchase 5 Expansions but then 5 gold memberships won't exactly be cheap. I can normally bot enough PP to keep 2-3 acc per month gold via krono purchases, any other cheaper way for gold status?

EDIT: If I don't go with gold status my mages need pet focus. Looks like non-prestigous limits me to only a few items. I think my best bet is the earring in agrath once i get voa, what do you guys think? Anything I can get pre-voa that is super easy to suffice until then?

Last edited:
November is still a long ways away. Stop being cheap! Lol

Seriously though, plat in ROF is insanely easy to get so by the time November rolls around you could probably recoup your losses and then some. When I was farming I was getting like 300k a day and I only botted 4-5 hours.

Speaking of which...I should probably start again. :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

new expansion release is next month.

Next expansion release is end of September not November, as Scorn said.

Second, you should wait and buy the next expansion imo, and not fall into the 50% off deal they might have for RoF, unless you are absolutely sure you aren't going to be tempted to buy it later on.

I plan to avoid the discount if they have one, because it makes no sense paying $20+$40, when the next expansion is less than a month away.

I am baffled why they haven't run a discount, as they have the past 3 years around this time before a new expansion launch.

I would consider doing the discount for accounts you know you won't be tempted to play your alt in the new expansion.

You also may want to consider avoiding buying the new expansion altogether, except your main accounts you play very very often.

Beta hasn't started yet, but there are talks there is going to be very little upgrades in terms of dps, aa and itemization, it is going to be an LDoN 2.0 expansion.

Lastly, I decide on preordering or waiting depending on what claim item they give out. RoF was a good expansion to preorder, because you got 999 claims for a clicky that ports you to City of Bronze at the SL zone line, which was totally worth the pre-order as you can claim that for each character for your account and whenever you create a new alt. Also, you can exploit the claim if you need to transfer an alt from a pre-order account to one that doesn't have the claim, by claiming the items before doing the transfer. So its always good to have 1 pre-order account.

i wish if you bought a collectors edition or upon preordering the newest expansion. you got all the preorder stuff from the last few expansions

Resurrecting this thread as the preorder info on items has rolled out, its definitely NOT worth pre-ordering CotF on all your accounts. The rewards got posted, and doesn't look like anything meaningful like last year.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...forsaken-in-game-rewards.203474/#post-2994785

Best to stick with ordering on your main(s), and then decide from there.

Also, they said end of September for launch, but they are being very sketchy on releasing a final launch date. Which hints to a very unpolished expansion.

Last edited:
Also, they said end of September for launch, but they are being very sketchy on releasing a final launch date. Which hints to a very unpolished expansion.

Don't you mean 'progressive release' or was it 'staggered release' ? I mean cut the three devs and the hamster that powers the server some slack they are working overtime already.

Last edited:
They announced at SOE live at the end of September for the first 4 zones, thats what I meant.

Its looking like its being delayed into early October. We arent even in design lock yet. Usually, its 9-12 days after design lock before the new expansion gets pushed live.

October 8 is the current release date. Beta extended until October 7.