What Should I Do About Account Sharing?

What Should I Do To Those That Share MMOBugs Account Information?

• Nothing

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Change the username's password And e-mail a new password

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Remove subscription

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Ban them for 30 days

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Ban them forever

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Burned at the Stake!!!

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
account sharing

You do realise some ppl have like 4 computers and box characters all the time .
Also i know MANY guilds that purchase one account for use of guild ventrilo, allikzams, exc.. really many site u can work around purchasing membership just takes longer to find the info.
I know me and wife in same room in not buying two copies of a referance site sorry just not happening so what does it really matter if she looking at my comp or on her own.
If i got banned for her loading shit on her comp reading it there im cancel in a heart beat and you have zero money from either source, husband wifes share a bed for crying out` you think they not share account info....?

> . < this is the point

> O < this is you

Read, understand, be happy.. don't just jump to conclusions based on the last few posts of a topic.

Also i know MANY guilds that purchase one account for use of guild ventrilo, allikzams, exc.. really many site u can work around purchasing membership just takes longer to find the info.
I know me and wife in same room in not buying two copies of a referance site sorry just not happening so what does it really matter if she looking at my comp or on her own.
If i got banned for her loading shit on her comp reading it there im cancel in a heart beat and you have zero money from either source, husband wifes share a bed for crying out` you think they not share account info....?

And you do realize that if that was the case then all 4 of those computers would be coming from either the same IP address for most people that own a router, or at least from the same city.

What Fry is saying is that one MMOBugs account downloads the mmobugs mq2 compile from an IP address in California, and then 5 minutes later downloads it from an IP address in New York, is wrong. That is blatent account sharing (yes we know that military does some weird routing), unless you and your wife live on opposite ends of the country and still share the same bed ;)

Matt

This should be real simple... follow the rules of the site.. stop being so cheap and pay for what you use. These guys work hard, respect that. OR GET the $^&@ out. My take.

Please, just turn around and go. The last thing this community needs is some hot-headed person with no understanding of what's going on around him. Don't get on a thread and start going off when you're not even a paying member yet and you haven't the slightest idea about anything. Please, for our sake, stay far far away from MQ2.

i live in one state my better half travels to another alot i let fry know when he is out of town and he notes it and naver had a problem

What Fry is saying is that one MMOBugs account downloads the mmobugs mq2 compile from an IP address in California, and then 5 minutes later downloads it from an IP address in New York, is wrong. That is blatent account sharing (yes we know that military does some weird routing), unless you and your wife live on opposite ends of the country and still share the same bed ;)

Matt
I occasionally logs in from another country and there'll only be like 30 minutes between me logging in from home to I'm logging in from another country ;) When living right on the border and visiting friends or family on the other side I tend to want to still see what happens on these (and other) boards :)

I think for the price anyone who wants to use this service should buy it. Support the effort. If you are letting other people use you account for the bubble then you are stealing from the team as a whole. Alot of effort goes into keeping this system up an current. They are very fast about turn arounds after patches. They deserve the respect of all the people buy paying the fee for a membership. Anyone that would do this is the same kind of person that barrows, barrows, and when you need them never pays back. I say the instructions are clear from the start. DONT DO IT. Change there passwords, and have them explain why they did it. Then leave it to the officials as to weather to ban them or warn them.

download limit sounds good. Its a small effort to copy it across a network or burn it to a 4 cent CD or thumbdrive.

Those that shared their info will protect it better cause it would suck to have your free-loading friends beat you out of your own downloads that you paid to get access to.

Im sure someone has to pony up the bandwith costs might as well put a per account limit on files. It wouldnt stop you from downloading multiple files just keep you from downloading the same file say more than 2 - 4 times per release and if there was some problem that you didnt get the download complete and burnt your downloads then you PM a mod and say hey i need another download my machine or ISP was messed up.

Can't believe people are still on this topic...

I thought Fry was getting this under wraps recently?

People are paranoid for no reason, it's not like Fry's going ban-happy. He's investigating some issues, addressing the ones that are concerns, and people are either explaining them (live on a boarder, travel, work IP/network) or resolving them (changing password, beating friends to death, hacking off limbs, etc).

Isnt this over?

Well, you still get new members etc. some of which may not 'know' that it's not ok to share, so keeping the thread up to date might not be the worst thing.

An informed subscriber is a better subscriber, and gives Fry less grey hairs, which is good for all of us!

Eh, only 2 out of the last 11 back to nov were non-lifetimes, makes me think people like to keep things alive when the compile is borked =)