What not to do when using MQ2 aka, how not to look like a newb.

Dumbest thing I've done.

Back in the early days, using MQ2MoveUtils /stick command in a raid on my warrior in plane of time phase 3. Mob gates, we had no gate check on stick back then. My warrior runs off into a bunch of mobs following the gater and dies, plus pulls a bigger train. Guild bitches me out for being so dumb for running at a mob once it gates.

I still feel like a dumbass for it to this day.

ive accidentally done several of these things.. sent commands in tells or something to some one .. i panicked and /q but in hindsight its better to play it off like you were asking a question like .. i saw some type that, do you know what its suppose to be?

and yes it seems lot of newer features in eq have been in mq2 first .. i dont know about other games .. i recall when they added the party members onto the map i suggested to a grp member to simply look at the map and follow us. then i get a tell from one of the other guys in the guild saying "shh not suppose to talk about that stuff in the open..." im sure when i told him eq now had that feature added and he had just told on himself he felt prety dumb.

When I first started using warp, I was in Vergalid's Mine? and saw a corpse up on my map. I was curious if it had any phat lewts on it, and on my map, it showed some PC's, but it showed them (what I thought was) far away from the corpse. So I targeted the corpse, and /warp t to it.

When I arrive at the corpse, I'm on the side of a wall, and the 2 pc's are standing almost right next to it, and looking right in its direction. One of them immediately says "Nice warp, lol", and I about had a heart attack.

I think I tried to play it off like I had gone linkdead, and had just logged back in and found myself up there near the slope of that wall. They didn't say anything more to me, and I never got suspended or banned, so perhaps they were also MQ users and just laughed it off. I was definitely sweating though =)

When I first started using warp, I was in Vergalid's Mine? and saw a corpse up on my map. I was curious if it had any phat lewts on it, and on my map, it showed some PC's, but it showed them (what I thought was) far away from the corpse. So I targeted the corpse, and /warp t to it.

When I arrive at the corpse, I'm on the side of a wall, and the 2 pc's are standing almost right next to it, and looking right in its direction. One of them immediately says "Nice warp, lol", and I about had a heart attack.

I think I tried to play it off like I had gone linkdead, and had just logged back in and found myself up there near the slope of that wall. They didn't say anything more to me, and I never got suspended or banned, so perhaps they were also MQ users and just laughed it off. I was definitely sweating though =)

Yah lesson of the day for that is never warp with others in the zone.

Do/did you play a druid during that time? That is exactly what happened to me and my group in Vergalid Mines. Except we had a full group and had mass corpses all around. We were fighting a mob and then poof a druid was in our camp looting corpses. I believe someone in the group did /say nice warp then the druid was gone and LD in zone. We did have a good laugh and chatted about it for a while. I know that 2 other group members were MQ users so it wasn't a huge deal to us plus there was nothing on the corpses but junk.

If this is the same person, I believe I grouped with your wife during a cave bear group. Someone /ooc Feet mold rotting at spires and as soon as I saw that I loaded Icefall gate on my wizard and promptly ported over. The chanter in my group was looting the corpse as I was running up to it. She said she was bound at the spires which I called BS because when I was loading my spell I know that the chanter was standing right next to me and there was no <gate> spell that was cast. We went back and forth in tells for a while and eventually became friends ironically. Looking back that is probably the funniest thing MQ related that has happened to me.

RH

when I first started using macros I was using the rog. helper one I changed to output to a chat channel number. The next day I log and start up the Mac and it spammed it all into general channel because i did not log into the channel I set up first. I watched as a lot of people started asking what all that was even got a couple of tells telling me that I need to change it. i even had my friends toon name listed as tank. I never did get supened or baned for it thank god, But now i don't touch default on any mac I use to this day.

when I first started using macros I was using the rog. helper one I changed to output to a chat channel number. The next day I log and start up the Mac and it spammed it all into general channel because i did not log into the channel I set up first. I watched as a lot of people started asking what all that was even got a couple of tells telling me that I need to change it. i even had my friends toon name listed as tank. I never did get supened or baned for it thank god, But now i don't touch default on any mac I use to this day.

speaking of channels I have 1 I sent all my output to and also use that for some event stuff like /warp /fade when the shit hits the fan. was dinking around farming crap for tradeskills and have a hotkey for mq2cursor to add stuff to the delete list/ its in the same hotkey spot as the fade key only on bar 1 not bar 2. and hit that today and all my toons in the lobby did like like they were supposed to and /warp s /fade OOPS.

Dumbest thing I've done.

Back in the early days, using MQ2MoveUtils /stick command in a raid on my warrior in plane of time phase 3. Mob gates, we had no gate check on stick back then. My warrior runs off into a bunch of mobs following the gater and dies, plus pulls a bigger train. Guild bitches me out for being so dumb for running at a mob once it gates.

I still feel like a dumbass for it to this day.

Where is that pic of you as an erudite named "Mmobugs"? Think it was on Mayong IIRC hahahahaha.

Sometimes I think that warp / fade like that in the GL might not be as noticeable, since people are always popping in and out due to being bound there. Not that I do it, but just in the cases of accidents like that.

As JJ said, this info is pretty readily available for most effects on lucy etc... but i love sitting it out and waiting for someone to try and define some obscure effect in gen chat, then, just for shits and giggles, I will ask them where they found that info in a tell, hahaha

I do believe you guys are speaking of the guild LOBBY, not the guild hall, especially since the guild hall is no longer a bindable zone.

Finally, I will add mine:

Ever since the onslaught of the in game voice chat, well, lets say I learned to turn my EQ sounds off or WAY down quick, cuz when homer chimes in and you are in group chat with your buddies, and they ask what that was, it only lasts so long to say it was the Simpsons on TV, and when it triggers again about as fast as you can say that 2 more times because of a couple of guides, well, it's a dead giveaway it's not the TV!
I keep Lucy open all the time and play windowed, and even have a quick search setup in Firefox, so that's still not a dead giveaway. I've also gotten smart enough to delay about 10-15 seconds before I answer focus/item use questions, which is a good idea for everyone to adopt.

You're completely right about lobby vs hall, I'm forever making that mistake.

I turned that GM warning off ages ago-it's way too annoying and any GM who's trying to catch you is going to be invis, anyway.

I've managed to avoid all those mis-typed commands by taking a second to click into the MQ2 box before using anything that's not macroed. If nothing else, it forces me to take an extra second to think before I hit Enter.

I've just taught myself to start all my typed MQ2 commands by using , instead of . which automatically puts the cursor in the MQ2 chat box. It basically helps me do the same thing, as far as taking that extra step to think and make sure it's right.

I keep Lucy open all the time and play windowed, and even have a quick search setup in Firefox, so that's still not a dead giveaway. I've also gotten smart enough to delay about 10-15 seconds before I answer focus/item use questions, which is a good idea for everyone to adopt.

You're completely right about lobby vs hall, I'm forever making that mistake.

I turned that GM warning off ages ago-it's way too annoying and any GM who's trying to catch you is going to be invis, anyway.

I've managed to avoid all those mis-typed commands by taking a second to click into the MQ2 box before using anything that's not macroed. If nothing else, it forces me to take an extra second to think before I hit Enter.

Yes, there's people that warp to the top of the Guild Hall and park themselves on teh chandlear (sp). it's doable, just pretty damn hard.

Yes, there's people that warp to the top of the Guild Hall and park themselves on teh chandlear (sp). it's doable, just pretty damn hard.

Actually doable to get up there without warp but VERY very hard and you need the right illusion to climb the wall to get high enough to make it with lev before you fall to farm down.

I petitioned to fix the Coldain Ring War and started /zoning and /warping around Velious looking for named. The Senior GM sent a tell asking me to stop zoning so he could talk to me. He proceeded to give me the 10th Ring and all the Narandi loot. I wouldn't be surprised if they were reviewing my account.

watch the rogues.

I was poking around arthricrex with my rogue, watching a group try to take down the hive nurse. And this shammy sends me a tell saying "may i help you". Busted! I knew he was an mq user from grouping with him before. watch the stealth rogues! And if you make the mistake, say to him if he asks how you knew he was there, that you saw the light effect from one of his items, and knew some rogue must be there.

Also, i targeted the shammy and did assist, and yup, he had me targeted, which is a giveaway you cant explain away.

I was poking around arthricrex with my rogue, watching a group try to take down the hive nurse. And this shammy sends me a tell saying "may i help you". Busted! I knew he was an mq user from grouping with him before. watch the stealth rogues! And if you make the mistake, say to him if he asks how you knew he was there, that you saw the light effect from one of his items, and knew some rogue must be there.

Also, i targeted the shammy and did assist, and yup, he had me targeted, which is a giveaway you cant explain away.

haha some noob ass rogue tried that on me a year or so ago, the only thing was that he only used "sneak" and not hide so i just lol'd at him. he was like HACKER, and i was like IDIOT, U FORGOT HIDE. Then he shut up an went away.

When I first started using MQ i made a nasty mistake too..
I was in a group and an item dropped from a namer that was going to rot. So i /guild asked if anyone wanted it, and I got a reply from a guild rogue. I was group leader so i sent him an invite , once he got into Toskirak the zone we were camping in, the rogue sent me a tell saying where are you?.. Being as the group was afk i told him i would come show him the way. He didn't get my group invite apparently and i didn't bother to check to see that he wasn't in the group. So i ran down to the middle Kuris the garabage eater area to find the rogue running away from me. He has SOS on !! I didn't even think twice about it, i said in a tell stop and turn around, I am right here jumping. lol.
I said follow me yada yada and off I ran.
We just got to the camp and the rogue says , BTW, i am SOS, you're not suppose to see me.

There was a long silence after that, Shit i was thinking of something to say but just froze lol.

He didn't bring it up anymore after that, I figured if he was going to say something to the guild about it I would say he was in the group or had a familiar out that I saw, but I learned to triple check rogues after that.

Turns out he was a hacker too, while in a raid someone sent a petition about some item that was lost during a rollback, and the GM decide to show up in the raid to deliver the item to the player/guildie. I was in ventrilo with like 4 others in our guild one was that rogue, He was talking about something dps this dps that yada, and suddenly I heard the Homer simpson DOH DOH, etc etc..

I sent him a tell .... Nice one...

Him and I later became good friends, many a long night of hack'n i tell ya

I can't recall how many times i saw /gk on or /sgk on mistelled into general chat when everyone was using ND. Some people never caught on, but many would be all like " busted ". I've done it once or twice, than had my friends spam the shit outta general thinking it would just go away haha.

using saytarget in front of like 20ppl to get bomberang task from zonein to misson isnt a good idea either lmao some people are dumb