What not to do when using MQ2 aka, how not to look like a newb.

MissTerious

Lifetime member
Reaction score
What not to do:

1. Hail or initiate trades to the fireworks spawning PHs in POK.
2. Hail a rogue who is in Shroud of Stealth (SOS) form unless he's in your group or raid. If in doubt, do a /w and see if he is listed as stealth, you do not see him.
3. Don't ask what Blightfire Moors words hanging in the air mean.
4. Don't ask what a Trapman is.
5. Don't chain zone through POK.

I'm sure others will add more as we see them.

Don't afk xp in an open zone...I've read too many threads of people doing this and getting banned for it...

Do not say

"Can you hear this submarine noise on my computer"? "I don't know what is going on, but I can't get rid of it"

"My epic timer isn't up. I have 7 seconds left"

"There are 4 mobs left in that building"...and you are a healer without LOS

Epic timer really doesnt mean much, cause you can mouse over it, or use gamtexttriggers.

"Hey, how'd you get leader/officer in your guild title, that's cool!"

Be the first guy to chime in with exactly what a certain focus effect does every single time.

/gu item X tributes for XXX
/t hey man watch out there are mobs in your path. (right after they zoned in and are heading to you) While watching your map.

You know what every NPC's namecolor is right?
Ummm, isn't it whatever they con?

Isnt that turned off the default compile nowadays?

serious question....i know mine is turned off but i don't remember doing it

That is odd, it really is.

I don't even know how to turn that off if i wanted to. And I have no reason to turn it off so i doubt i would have took the initiative to turn it off.

Oh and for the subject at hand.

Dont run auto skill casting macs in the guild hall when you are actually in a real guild....

Last edited:
really happened

dumbasszerker says in raid "no way soandso did better dps then me your parser is trash"

dumbasszerker says in guild "plugin mq2dps"

never forget the / !!! and set default chat to go to a random chat room not /say or /guild just to be safe

Haha, my laptop lagged once when typing and I said "zone westkorlach" in lobby once, was 4 months ago so I guess I got lucky. Boy did that make me cringe though!

haha I cant count how many times I've seen people do a /plugin *** load.

Don't kill named mobs you don't have keys for, than offer it to guildies.

Don't park yourself at the top of the guild hall.

Don't fraps your shit if mq is running, than make a guild raid video with it.

Don't sell exp pots when you know you will be banned for it~~

Oh yea don't post screenshots with your LDR showing on the guild web news page.

Don't park yourself at the top of the guild hall.
If you mean the top of the pillars in the guild hall, that's not a dead give away. I had a friend CotH me up there back before I had Warp and then set my bind point-with Teleport Bind, I take groups there all the time and get bind requests from about half of the people who come along. Right now there are probably 50+ people on my server who are bound there...

Be the first guy to chime in with exactly what a certain focus effect does every single time.

That one isn't a big deal, I used to live on lucy/alla and be able to tell you what every spell did up till OOW without MQ2. People are nuts about things like that.