What NOT to do on patch days

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulak

Vagoo!
Reaction score
Ok, it would seem that a lot you whom are members haven't quite got the hang of how things run here. On patch days, if they push a new eqgame.exe file, then MQ gets broken. It will stay broken until the source is released. That's how it's been, that's how it's going to be and I really don't think anything is going to change that.
What NOT to do:
1) Don't spam your refresh button to see if the compile has been uploaded.
2) Don't ask when the compile will be up. It'll happen when the mq2 devs release the source code and htw takes pity on us addicts and gets it going.
3) Don't ask about a release ETA in the shoutbox, IRC, or any other means of communication on the site.
4) Main reason not to do any of the above is b/c it can, will and has caused the site to crash, become un-responsive and just plain piss people off causing them to repeat number 1 on the list.

This has been a public service announcement by your friendly neighborhood Half-Wit.

Last edited:
Just a little info there has been alot of times htw gets ours out before the offical release then he updates again but dont have to say we HAVE to wait for them give our devs a little credit to lol they can and have put mmobugs out before the offical release

I don't recall that ever happening. Does it happen often or when was the last time it happened?

My method has worked well lately :p

I don't recall that ever happening. Does it happen often or when was the last time it happened?

It doesn't happen often. And if you're so interested, if for NOTHING ELSE, those guys (ieatacid & dkaa) deserve donations. Why bite the hand that feeds? Should I beg for extra work?

Or do you just like posting to be an ass?

htw

It doesn't happen often. And if you're so interested, if for NOTHING ELSE, those guys (ieatacid & dkaa) deserve donations. Why bite the hand that feeds? Should I beg for extra work?

Or do you just like posting to be an ass?

htw

Aren't I the hand that feeds you? (you get a cut of subscription fees I assume?)

Posting to be an ass? I wasn't being an ass, it's you that's being an ass.

I do know that posting in a thread where you do anything other than giving props to "our" dev team is, well lets not call it a "win" thread/post.

Pretty much any and all readers of this site, should send htw, Fry, Kodi, VI and any else you can think of that is not a member, premium member or lifetime member a huge thanks.

If you do not like my spelling or grammar, oh whatever.

Just remember that they put more time into fixing "it" each month then you ever will, show some gratitude.

P.S. Say hello to your mother

Where did I not do that?

All I said was I didn't know they did that and if they did then my method of having a rough idea of when the compile would be ready wouldn't be very good then.

Then I got spoken to like shit.

I do know that posting in a thread where you do anything other than giving props to "our" dev team is, well lets not call it a "win" thread/post.

Pretty much any and all readers of this site, should send htw, Fry, Kodi, VI and any else you can think of that is not a member, premium member or lifetime member a huge thanks.

If you do not like my spelling or grammar, oh whatever.

Just remember that they put more time into fixing "it" each month then you ever will, show some gratitude.

P.S. Say hello to your mother

Most of the work is done by macroquest2.com, you're so ignorant it's funny.

Let me put it this way.

Patch days are extra stressful for everyone involved including you the users. I don't think anything in this thread helps anyone involved, all it seems to be doing is creating more anger and arguments.

The patch notes don't make this patch seem too major but the UI changes have messed up a fair chunk of code. This is more than likely going to be one of these wait for MacroQuest2.com updates which could be as late as sometime in the weekend.

Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.