Weird shit going on since saturday

Aquaplex

Reaction score
I got a weird thing going on where on some characters that i log on, they're moving around super fast, like everything is sped up 10 times. It just started happening couple days ago and it seems totally random, some toons log in just fine, others are like super sped up, so running is faster, all the graphics are faster, etc. When another of my toons looks at the sped up toon it looks like the toon is skipping around vanishing from 1 spot and appearing in another. It's totally fucked up. I don't know what's causing it. I'm worried i'm gonna get hit with a ban for speed hacking or something but i haven't changed any plugins or anything since i've started playing and i never use any speed hacks or anything. Any advice?

I had that with just one account. Had to log the account completely out and restart EQ. It's not done it for a week or so, so not sure what it was but its annoying as hell. Its like stupidly fast bard speed!

I had that with just one account. Had to log the account completely out and restart EQ. It's not done it for a week or so, so not sure what it was but its annoying as hell. Its like stupidly fast bard speed!

Ya, that's what i thought at first as well, but i've even restarted my pc and it's still happening occasionally.

Can you check if it's MMOLoader related or not?

Something like this is normally a CPU Bios problem.

Here is someone with same problem.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-runs-too-fast.201360/

Another

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...rquest-running-too-fast-on-my-amd-cpu.218965/

More

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...other-eq-is-running-super-fast-thread.204336/

From one of threads.

so live help figured it out for me .. in asus bios I had high performance selected instead of normal. Here is a screenshot if anyone has this same issue. Be sure normal is selected. Good day.

What CPU is the computer?

Yes CPU problem usually. I had it years ago when using an AMD CPU. I think you need to update something cpu related to fix it.

The only new thing i can think of is that i upgraded to windows 10 couple days ago, that's about the same time this started. I think my motherboard is Asus but i've used the same computer since 2010 and never had this happen before saturday.

Is this type of behavior reason for concern though or is this strictly happening on my end? I'm worried that someone will see me and report me for speed hacking or something.

Can you check if it's MMOLoader related or not?

Something like this is normally a CPU Bios problem.

Here is someone with same problem.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-runs-too-fast.201360/

Another

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...rquest-running-too-fast-on-my-amd-cpu.218965/

More

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...other-eq-is-running-super-fast-thread.204336/

From one of threads.

so live help figured it out for me .. in asus bios I had high performance selected instead of normal. Here is a screenshot if anyone has this same issue. Be sure normal is selected. Good day.

What CPU is the computer?

Seems like the common thing in those threads is they were all using AMD processors but i'm using I7.

The only new thing i can think of is that i upgraded to windows 10 couple days ago, that's about the same time this started. I think my motherboard is Asus but i've used the same computer since 2010 and never had this happen before saturday.

Is this type of behavior reason for concern though or is this strictly happening on my end? I'm worried that someone will see me and report me for speed hacking or something.

Relax you aren't actually moving or doing things at the fast speeds, you just see it as that. Upgrading to windows 10 probably caused it because you are lacking the driver/patch to fix it.

If you open up device manager do you have any hardware without drivers?

I've got the same issue. I know the AMD processor has been the most common case, but i've had it happen on 5 intel I7 PC's. All of them were recently upgraded to Windows 10 and just started to happen within the last week. I've tried some of the fixes but doesn't seem to work.

I'll be troubleshooting some more tonight when I get home but it is random. 8 instances on 1 PC and only 1 of them are affected. Log completely out and close EQ on that instance and reload should be fine for a temp fix.

Mine did it on Windows 8. Hasn't done it since I upgraded to 10. My MB is Asus too, and running i7.
There is a pattern...

I notice mine acted odd with the switchable graphics (not any help for those who don't have it, e.g., laptop). Win10 defaulted to using the HD 4600 series driver (which is still a win 8.1 driver), but once I configured it to use AMD / High Perf instead, it quit acting that way. With the Intel, I'd be like about 25% of time going slow as shit, 25% oddly fast, and about 50% normal. With using the AMD, I haven't seen an issue yet. Of course, I also get the driver crashed/recovered shit from the Intel one all the time LOL - searching shows no real help, as everyone equally blames MS, Intel, or AMD. ;)

I figured that'd be the case when I upgraded it though, hell I'm just glad things work as well as they do, since a lot of the drivers are not win10, they are win8.x in compat mode.

htw

Also, for the record:

1) MMOLoader is just an updater, injector, info. There is nothing it can/does do, in any way possible, to slow down or speed up EQ. It loads mq2main to the process and hands over the reins.

2) MQ2 (MQ2Main primarily, which then loads other plugins, and drives their functions) can certainly slow your EQ down, but not speed it up. EQ actually drives MQ2, not the other way around. Even plugins like MQ2SpeedUtils/MQ2WickedSpeed just modify your client's char data to have your client let you run faster (and hopefully not so fast/long that server boots you for movement lag), but the way MQ2/EQ is driven doesn't make it possible just simply to 'speed up' the client itself.

Hope that makes sense... reading it back, maybe, maybe not. :D

htw

LOL just what every developer does..... It's not my software fault your shi* aint working right.... JK

time to troubleshoot!

LOL I know - I just wanted to try to offer up some help though. Notice I haven't just said in this thread "not our issue"?

BTW to the OP, also make sure you don't have something like performance mode/OC on for processor or video card.

htw

Changing the client speed actually makes it send movement packets faster as well, so do NOT run around if this happens, you WILL be detected as speed hacking and you WILL be suspended or banned...

Right. In fact i recall at least 1 person here within the past month or so saying they were suspended for it. But that would have happened even without mq2.

htw

same thing happens to me i got 2 I5's all in ones and only 1 does the superfast thing...after i upgraded to win 10

Edit your eqclient.ini file and set it to:

CPUAffinity0=1

See how that goes.

I thought this would work since i changed it yesterday all of yesterday was fine, but today when i turned on my pc and got the game on, some accounts were in super speed mode again... This has to be something with win10.

Interestingly enough, sometimes the accounts are just slightly faster, other times they're like 10x on crack fast, so at least to me it seems like there is a different type of speed here, not just a constant crazy speed all the time.

Last edited:
Funny how this has happened to me very rarely over the years. In the old days, before EQ started cracking down on heavy hacks, I used to enjoy using it, running around at crazy speeds. Always seemed to go away if I camped out and/or rebooted, anyway. Then it dawned on that effectively I was warping and even if I was innocent (in theory) try getting away with that explanation if caught. So afterwards whenever it happened I immediately camped and rebooted and it went away.