Warp T drops you

kram337

Reaction score
Why does Warp Target now make you warp anywhere from 10-1000m above the target instead of to the foot of the target?

Seems like it takes your current ${Me.Z}+10 and warps you there instead of the targets Z value. Its been like this for a month or more.

Why does Warp Target now make you warp anywhere from 10-1000m above the target instead of to the foot of the target?

Seems like it takes your current ${Me.Z}+10 and warps you there instead of the targets Z value. Its been like this for a month or more.

You do realize that if you warp to the targets exact loc... It fights for who gets to be at that location because of collision issues. You are second so it forces you above the target, giving you a slight drop.

That's fine. It's just porting you, in some cases, WAY above the target instead of just slightly above them.

Guess I could use /warp loc ${Target.Y} ${Target.X} ${Math.Calc[${Target.Z}-5]}

or something like that.

That's fine. It's just porting you, in some cases, WAY above the target instead of just slightly above them.

Guess I could use /warp loc ${Target.Y} ${Target.X} ${Math.Calc[${Target.Z}-5]}

or something like that.

Could just do /warp rt 10
Code:
/warp [(s)uccor|last|loc <y x z>|dir <distance>|(t)arget [(n|rtarget <maxdist>|s|e|w) distance]|wp <wp name>] 
/warp t - Warps to Current Target 
/warp t e 5 - Warps 5 units East of target(can use any direction and number) 
/warp rt - Warps a random direction from, and random 2-10 units distance from Current Target 
/warp rt 25- Warps a random direction from, and random 2-25 units distance from Current Target 
/warp s - Warps To Succor Point

Last edited:
Ohh /warp rt I like that! That's my new one :D thanks man

Just a heads up Fry, the following warp techniques will still drop me with enough falling damage to die:

/warp loc ${Math.Calc[${Target.X}-5]} ${Target.X} ${Target.Y}
/warp t
/warp rt 5

I'm at a loss for how the /warp loc still fails but it does. Maybe I could be saved by envirofall or whatever that docrack is but I haven't been able to get docrack to work in a while.

Just a heads up Fry, the following warp techniques will still drop me with enough falling damage to die:

/warp loc ${Math.Calc[${Target.X}-5]} ${Target.X} ${Target.Y}
/warp t
/warp rt 5

I'm at a loss for how the /warp loc still fails but it does. Maybe I could be saved by envirofall or whatever that docrack is but I haven't been able to get docrack to work in a while.
I cannot duplicate any issue. It is working fine for me, in various zones, using various techniques.

I want to point out, that what you gave as an example in your 'loc' is incorrect, and if you are using it that way, that's an issue. If it was just a mistype here, then no worries. What I mean is, you have in your example what amounts to:
/warp X X Y
Even if you meant X Y Z, that's still wrong. The format is:
/warp Y X Z

I tried various usages, including (t)arget, rt, loc, etc. No issues here. If you have something specific, I can try to duplicate in that case (like specific zone, specific location, etc.).

htw

I used to experience it when I would warp several people to the same target. But it was never enough to kill me unless I was severely overweight without nofalldmg on.

It never used to be more then a few feet but he makes it out like its 2k.

My experience is that it happens in big open zones. Specifically, Argath. If u warp from the zone in to the "arms" section, you drop far enough to die. I was using rt 10.

If you run down the ramp about half way then warp you still fall some but damage is minimal.

However, I did a successful warp t from zone in to the entrance to Beasts domain. That part is "underground" whereas the other warps were to open areas. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Something is up with the Z axis. In some zones (Mostly flat) it's fine. In others, you get put in air, and fall a bit.

I'm guessing a structure is off a little.

If you /warp t and find yourself falling, then /warp t again and it takes you to your target the second time. As long as you're fast enough then you will incur no falling damage

Something is up with the Z axis. In some zones (Mostly flat) it's fine. In others, you get put in air, and fall a bit.

I'm guessing a structure is off a little.
If the struct was wrong, I would have seen it with my tests. I'm not stupid. AFAIK anyway.

htw

Doesn't each zone have a different ratio on mob heights? Maybe the ones that are dropping you the object in question has a high height ?

Different mobs do have different heights. This was very noticeable when trying to activate the Vergalid raid. The height was something obnoxious and you almost had to warp the Z axis like 2-300 up in front to activate it.

Try this:
Zone into Dranik's Scar
From the zone in Target the NPC at the bottom of the ramp near the Nobles Causeway zone line and /warp t

That particular warp is a good example because for the last 2 weeks at least it has always warped me hundreds of feet above the target.

Try this:
Zone into Dranik's Scar
From the zone in Target the NPC at the bottom of the ramp near the Nobles Causeway zone line and /warp t

That particular warp is a good example because for the last 2 weeks at least it has always warped me hundreds of feet above the target.

It is putting you at a none safe location on the Z axis. This forces you to fall from above.

used to experience this when you would try and warp off the map to ghostkill or other exploits like that.

So why would /warp t try to place you at an unsafe location? Maybe it has something to do with mob height but the mob in my example is barely taller than a character and you fall from at least a few hundred feet above the target.

Also Ocean Green Hills is a fairly flat zone and I have experienced deaths to falling damage by warping to target there.

Lastly if you're falling and you /warp t again it doesn't help it just puts you back up above where you started. If anything it'll compound the falling distance and make it worse.

I used to use EnviroFall (a docrack) but I think that's not supported any longer or perhaps it works again I'll have to check.

So why would /warp t try to place you at an unsafe location? Maybe it has something to do with mob height but the mob in my example is barely taller than a character and you fall from at least a few hundred feet above the target.

Also Ocean Green Hills is a fairly flat zone and I have experienced deaths to falling damage by warping to target there.

Lastly if you're falling and you /warp t again it doesn't help it just puts you back up above where you started. If anything it'll compound the falling distance and make it worse.

I used to use EnviroFall (a docrack) but I think that's not supported any longer or perhaps it works again I'll have to check.

Maybe the mobs Z is below the ground but it doesn't effect the collision like it would for us.

Or the mob spawn info is off, or something else that's loaded is causing such an effect on said warps.

Just throwing these out there, since as I said, it all works fine for me. I even went to the zones you mentioned, e.g., I went to Argath (or whatever the hell it's called) and various warping loc, target, etc. Went to draniks, warp all over, including to mob(s) around and on ramp you mentioned. I never get any issue with z axis.

htw