Veteran Award Exploit

Nilar

Reaction score
You used to be able to buy 2 year subs and cancel them immediately and it would eventually post the time to your account without you paying for it. Obviously this was used to exploit getting veteran awards. Can anyone confirm if this still works or if it was fixed? I did it on my bard like 2 months ago and it worked but i cant seem to get it to work on my rogue

You used to be able to buy 2 year subs and cancel them immediately and it would eventually post the time to your account without you paying for it. Obviously this was used to exploit getting veteran awards. Can anyone confirm if this still works or if it was fixed? I did it on my bard like 2 months ago and it worked but i cant seem to get it to work on my rogue

I would be careful using this exploit, it goes way beyond the EULA and in fact is fraud. I believe they are now cracking down on this so just be aware that everyone on the planet knows about this exploit. It is getting old fast.

not really

Yeah a few friends of mine did this. A gm buddy told us that its a glitch in their system that they can't correct. . We tried it for this month but it didn't work, so they might have fixed the glitch.

Last edited:
Didn't work for me last spring

I tried it last spring (about 6 months ago now) and it did not work. I bought the two year sub - waited about a week and cancelled it. Never awarded the vets so I think now it waits for your card to actually be charged. Not sure though.

It got fixed a while ago

I have a question in regards to this.

It seems like the time entitled is the time you paid for account.

If this is the case I have 6.3 years, if I want 7th year vet, could I simply acutally pay for a year and get it immediately or do I have to wait until I've played another 9 months?

You pay, and get entitled to it immediately, but won't actually get it ingame until the end of the current month.

it still works as of last week i know as i told a friend how to do it.and ive logge him in since and saw it on his account while boxxing him.

Hrmm

Sounds like you may need to sign up and be sure that the month flips before you cancel?

Well...

I would hope the current month or else you would be charged, I assume. I was just trying to piece it together and come up with ways in which it still may work based on the posts above.

It still worked as of June, beyond that I couldn't tell you for sure, but I doubt they've done anything to it.

This has been nerfed.
Tried on 6 different accounts in July and the played time never showed up.

it works as of august and pretty sure it was a week ago maybe 2 at most.not sure what ur misin if i get around to it ill ask him exactly what he did.

This is not something that shows up right away. It takes at least one billing (or about 1 month which ever is shorter). So even if you have a yearly billing period already you could add more to it simply by ordering then canceling a subscription a bunch of times. I had some accounts with about 15 years on them, and knew other people that jacked it up even further. I just didn't want to call attention to myself by abusing it. Of course I sold those accounts long ago. But like was mentioned this is known, but perhaps SOE has not found a way to plug it yet, but be aware they may crack down on those abusing it....who knows for sure?

This is not something that shows up right away. It takes at least one billing (or about 1 month which ever is shorter). So even if you have a yearly billing period already you could add more to it simply by ordering then canceling a subscription a bunch of times. I had some accounts with about 15 years on them, and knew other people that jacked it up even further. I just didn't want to call attention to myself by abusing it. Of course I sold those accounts long ago. But like was mentioned this is known, but perhaps SOE has not found a way to plug it yet, but be aware they may crack down on those abusing it....who knows for sure?

Every time I have ever used this sploit, my account has been credit the /played time and vet rewards on the 1st of the following month.

I tried last month and on the first of September it should have given me rewards. It didn't work.

Perhaps the current global freeze of all updates to veteran rewards, and the fact that no SoE reps have commented futher on the issue is an indication that they're currently holding updates until they have it fixed?