Verizon CSRs???

cudacuf

Retired Stripper Banger
Reaction score
Anyone work for Verizon? I have a Droid X with an MEID that is currently assigned to another account. The guy I bought it from isn't returning my calls or anything, so I'm kinda expecting that the phone is stolen or whatever.

Does anyone have experience with this? Any input would be accepted.

I bought a phone on eBay a few years back - turned out the guy had "found" it at a party and decided to sell it. Couldn't register the ESN on verizon. It had been replaced under someone's insurance already

Was nothing verizon could/would do. I ended up having to do a claim through eBay and PayPal. Didn't hurt that hubby was in law enforcement at the time and contacted the dude from his work phone. Nothing like seeing an NYPD number pop up on your caller ID repeatedly for a 'come to Jesus' experience :p

Anyone work for Verizon? I have a Droid X with an MEID that is currently assigned to another account. The guy I bought it from isn't returning my calls or anything, so I'm kinda expecting that the phone is stolen or whatever.

This is a good place to start. Here is a thread on your specific phone. XDA Droid X Thread on Changing MEID/ESN (Thread locked b/c XDA is sensitive about shit like this)

That being said, good luck. Changing that shit on a phone is a real pita. I am pretty fluent in rooting/flashing phones, and it seems to me like you will be better off filing a claim with ebay/paypal on this one.

This is a good place to start. Here is a thread on your specific phone. XDA Droid X Thread on Changing MEID/ESN (Thread locked b/c XDA is sensitive about shit like this)

That being said, good luck. Changing that shit on a phone is a real pita. I am pretty fluent in rooting/flashing phones, and it seems to me like you will be better off filing a claim with ebay/paypal on this one.

I got it from Craigslist and paid cash.