Veil Of Alaris Progression

Quest info on that link says "non-repeatable." That can't be right...

Just guessing but you can't successfully combine the pages unless you have 100 Alaran, which means you fail otherwise but in the process gain Alaran skill up. So in essence, it's repeatable for the skill up.

It looks like an alternative to progression for the solo player. You can't successfully complete the combine unless you have 100 Alaran. For every 10 pages you collect and fail to combine you gain 1 Alaran. I wonder how long it takes to gather the 10 pages.

I -think- (don't quote me on this) that the items don't poof on fail.

Isn't there an easy quest in the next expansion that gets you to 100 Alaran?

http://rof.eqresource.com/wordsoftheunspoken.php

Does the completely negate the need to carry on progression through VoA?.

Yep.

Just guessing but you can't successfully combine the pages unless you have 100 Alaran, which means you fail otherwise but in the process gain Alaran skill up. So in essence, it's repeatable for the skill up.

Once you've completed the task, the task itself is not repeatable. You can't complete the task without having 100 Alaran tho (and you can chain the combines in the task until you have 100 Alaran).

Last edited:
So if they don't poof on failure, the only issue is how long it takes to collect the 10 components.

Anyone know?

They're all ground spawns so the only issue, I guess, is whether it's hazardous to approach the spawn spots.

This is in the starting zone. In beta these guys were no worse than dubious and frequently indifferent. It's an Alaran city for some caste there. Should be cake to gather the components.