Vanishing Text Question

fubarcat

Reaction score
When I open my map window my text in my chat wimdows disappears till I close the map window. I had this issue on my main PC but that was awhile ago and cant remember the fix for it. I now have it on my new laptop. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

to many labels turn off npc names on map and should fix the issue.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The text in my tell windows and group window disappears and then reappears when I close the map so if I am looking at the map to run and someone sends a tell I get a blank box that pops up if I am using pop up tell windows. Don't see any group chat either with map open.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The text in my tell windows and group window disappears and then reappears when I close the map so if I am looking at the map to run and someone sends a tell I get a blank box that pops up if I am using pop up tell windows. Don't see any group chat either with map open.

Did you try what he suggested?

Probably not.

the

When I open my map window my text in my chat wimdows disappears till I close the map window. I had this issue on my main PC but that was awhile ago and cant remember the fix for it. I now have it on my new laptop. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Just close the map, or do what JJ said.

EQ can only print so many elements on your screen. When there is too much information being printed on your map, it stops your chat windows from showing text.

Now I understand and thank you thez. I will try that and see this morning.

pff no thank you for me? You did not ask for explanation help!

I will add my very productive 2 cents to all of this.

Lol..... :rolleyes:

Actually it didnt resolve the issue so still searching for answers. But ty JJ for the reply.

I think it is a Sony side bug... Happens a lot in the newer zones like katta.. always does it there to me.

but

Doc, it hurts when I do this, what should I do!

Don't do that.

Found the resolution or at least I think I have. I turned all the fade sliders on all the chat windows to 100% and I haven't had the issue since.

I only get this bug when in FM, it started compiles ago while using the /cast item "sonic screwdriver" this is the only zone that still doese this to me occasionally. Moving the map usually brings back my text. only happens when my map is open also. leeds me to believe the statements above are correct.