UGHHH CTD!!! and NO clue why lol

hankdean

I love the pink!
Reaction score
1. CTD everytime i click "enter world" - only on 1 specific toon.

2. again. this is ONLY 1 character/act. that ctd's.

3. i have done the following to test why.....

a.rebooted, ran eq WITHOUT MQ. when i click "ENTER WORLD"...zone files load and CTD

b. attempted to login again...toon took roughly 3-5 minutes to "leave the world"
c. 2nd attempt clean run (no mq) same thing when i click "enter world" the zone files load then CTD

d. got on my laptop n tried to log him in...Same thing. when i click "enter world" zone files load...ctd.

**note - i have rebooted/ relogged several other characters on BOTH computers. Other act's work fine...its just this ONE act..which is my main.....

**note2 my friend has NO problems logging ths toon in. this is what really scares me. any idears?????

end warning ctd sez somthing this application has requested the RUNTIME to terminate it in an unusal way. Please contact the applications support team for more information..

EDIT: i am able to load a "new" char on that act....just not my main ...( i made a new toon and it logged him in...still unable to load my "real" toon...)

EDIT2: i think this happend years ago...dont remember tho..i feel its something UI/video resolution ...no clue n gotta crash...well c in the mornin.

had this happen to me one time. If you want to know the reason WHY, load your character, have it crash, then send me the debug.dmp file in your everquest/logs directory. This will give me information about the crash and I might be able to deduce some information as to what the problem is.

if you want to try random things, delete your character's ini files, it could be something related to configuration that has been altered somehow.

yea CTD has nothing to do with 6th mmo compile. Its your toons UI or ini file

didn't see anywhere if you ran a "full file scan" from the patcher? i've had it before where the zone file gets corrupted, a temp fix is to use the return home function from the character select screen

steve

its gotta b his ui.....or video settings...

gonna delete my .ini's 8-(((( where do i find my hotkey's lol i wanna savem damnit!!! lol i'll findem....ughh this sux.

oh n stevie no i am yet to do full filescan as 1. i can still load other toons...2. that shit takes 4ever lol.

this is what i get for actually trying to play this damn game LOL :cool:.

gonna delete my .ini's 8-(((( where do i find my hotkey's lol i wanna savem damnit!!! lol i'll findem....ughh this sux.

oh n stevie no i am yet to do full filescan as 1. i can still load other toons...2. that shit takes 4ever lol.

this is what i get for actually trying to play this damn game LOL :cool:.

Full file scan first. If that doesnt work back up your .ini file then try it again or go into your .ini file and at the top where it gives the UI name just replace it with "default"

The problem is that the UI system is constructing your chat windows, and it isn't find the information it needs, which ends up meaning one of them is malformed and is missing the CWChatOutput component.

According to the dump your UIFiles folder is /UIFiles/1/ is this correct? If not, find the UI_charactername_servername.ini file, open it up, find where it says UISkin=1 and change it to UISkin=default

Of that doesn't work, back that file up then delete the original.

If you are using a non-default UI, try just deleting/renaming SIDL.xml
Also, I recommend renaming character ini's. That way you can go in and get your old hotkeys and spell sets and such.

Edit: Oh, and if you try and login and it says you are in the world, but you keep crashing, then it's like 99% certain to be a UI issue.

Last edited:
danged ui...

soo i deleted the char ui and he loaded up. thanks 4 helping....i appreciate it!~!