Trovi Search engine virus / bug

Nyte420

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the Trovi search engine virus? I had removed it from my laptop 6 months ago or so and now I can't remember how I did it to save my life lol.

I recall it was downloaded with a game by someone I let use my laptop, however on my PC the only things that have been downloaded / updated sense this happened are Battle Net loader for HeartStone, IS Boxxer, EQ, and Mmobugs, which I don't think any would have loaded that with them for any reason. So I am a little at odds of how I even got it on the PC as from what I can tell reading about it, it comes from selecting "yes" to an install option on a download for an extra add on. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes don't seem to pick it up sense its "technically" not a virus.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance and if I figure it out here will add a reply.

I can give you a hand with removing it if you need. Hit me up with a PM and we'll set a time to get it cleaned up for ya.

Thanks got it figured out last night. Apparently it will effect all PC s you have linked to the same gmail account when using chrome and you have to figure about what machine actually has it. Was trying to remove it from the wrong PC lol. Was wondering how it got to the gaming machine but it wasn't actually there