Transferring MMO Folder

eqman22

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, what's a simple way to transfer an entire MMO folder from one computer to another? Basically I am cranking up my older computer and want to copy the whole folder and put it onto the older computer since I have a lot of stuff I have added to it that isn't stock (dev bots, etc, etc). I tried to email it but couldn't figure out how to email an entire folder.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Step One: Plug Flash Drive into PC A
Step Two: Copy MMO folder onto said Flash Drive
Step Three: Unplug Flash Drive from PC A
Step Four: Plug Flash Drive into PC B
Step Five: Copy and paste MMO folder from Flash Drive to PC B

Yeah that was my first idea, but can't find my thumb drive =( Any alternatives?

You can also copy files over a wifi network, if you have it, just using windows. On your older pc, navigate to the network and sharing portion of the control panel and make sure the directory for your mmo folder is set to be shared. Then, on your new PC just copy the files from the network directory.

Also, if you want to try and send the folder via email, zip or otherwise compress the folder and then send it. I'd go the DVD, network, flash drive route though. E-mail seems to be finicky with anything but small files.

Try zipping the file up, then uploading it to rapidshare. The get on PC B and DL the shit from rapidshare. Or you could just sign up for a free a-drive account. 50gb of free storage. Can upload/download anything you want to/from it.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will try them out!

Good advice SeigeTank except for the fact I live like 2 hours from the nearest store that would sell one. Anyway...looks like I got it by using some of the tips given. As always, thanks tons guys!

I know you solved your problem, but I've actually zipped up the folder and emailed it to my gmail account.

Could also use DropBox, or SugarSync or one of the other cloud drives around to move it around.