Torrent Invites

And a link to the 1.6 working version of UT (guess I can look and see if I can find it w/out being lazy too =P)

How legit is this? And how certain is the fact that 1.6 does not track client IPs?

NM on the link, found the DL.

was pulled from a mppa thread when 1.7.6 was released.

Thanks X!

Can anyone confirm this info is accurate before I roll back?

Careful its not just downloading with uTorrent 1.7.XXX its uploading to anyone using 1.7.XXX

Careful its not just downloading with uTorrent 1.7.XXX its uploading to anyone using 1.7.XXX

link to that info ! with the amount I download/upload I want to find out more. I have been using 1.7.1 for awhile. Like it but if its sending ip logs I wont like it.

Anyone still looking for invites slash trading invites etc etc?

Couple of links I found of interest:

Google search on topic:

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-14,GGLG:en&q=Los+Angeles+%2d+%2d+BitTorrent+Founder+and+CEO+Bram+Cohen+and+Motion+Picture+Association+of+America]Los Angeles - - BitTorrent Founder and CEO Bram Cohen and Motion Picture Association of America - Google Search[/ame]

Boing Boing: MPAA, Bram Cohen announcement today in Hollywood (UPDATED)

MPAA | Digital Media Wire

This is the post that appears to have the quoted reference:

Bittorrent And MPAA join forces

And some info on the uTorrent versions and IP recording:

Don't use the following torrent clients and websites

One more

forum.utorrent.com / uTorrent banned on several trackers!

Sparky did his research i see. Hope your IP's are not logged already.

Just looking at the stuff thats happened, I don't see any reason to stop using uTorrent yet. None of the accusations have been proven with valid packet logs. The main address they are accused of sending stuff to is a muticast address apparently that shouldn't be allowed past the router. (239.x range) Most of the reasons sites have banned 1.7.1 is because it had an issue with returning the wrong data for private trackers as to how much had been up/downloaded. This was fixed in the 1.7.2 release.

Basically all anyone has to do to get your IP address logged is to release a torrent with their IP in it as a tracker and you are logged as having downloaded that file. There is nothing you can do to prevent that from happening. If their IP is found out and banned by programs like peerguardian, it is a small matter to get a new IP and start it up again.

Even after all that digging, I'm still not 100% confident that the 1.6 vrs 1.7 issue is as broad as it seems.

I've seen some speculations, but no confirmations.

I'm still thinking of rolling back to 1.6 but that's because I'm wearing a tinfoil hat.

ok is it me or all those news posts from 2005?

Yes, 11/05 because that's when the quoted material was taken from.

It's old yes, but possibly still relavent. People with more "know powah" can speak to that. I just provided the details.

new to this torrent thing been trying to figure them out and use so if someone willing to invite and give me some instruction on wtf i been dong wrong b/c so far the ones i have done not work ..

Does this mean Demonoid has sold out too? Another of my sons requested that I use my contacts here to get him a decent invite. Son #2 was very happy with the one I got him here.

I would like to get an invite if anyone hears of any available.

Woohoo for rezzing posts. Any chance someone has a invite to anyone of these types of sites. Torrentspy is no longer letting US peeps in, so I am blocked from that. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Just shoot me a PM if you can help out. Thanks in advance! :)