Today's download

No problem Fry these things happen I just wasn't sure if everyone was having the problem or just me. Will use that old version for now thanks.

Here what I see so far with new changes.

Petes bot is erroring here
Code:
${Me.Mercenary.Equal[ACTIVE]}

No such 'mercenary' member Equal.

${Me.Mercenary} now returns your mercenary name.

It should now be.

Code:
${Mercenary.State.Equal[ACTIVE]}

Here is what is in the Mercenary TLO.

${Mercenary.Name}
${Mercenary.AAPoints}
${Mercenary.Stance}
${Mercenary.StateID}
${Mercenary.State}

If you have macros erroring please shoot me the macro line so I can try and help with it.

ah, devs macros are doing the same thing, looks like an easy fix then.

ah, devs macros are doing the same thing (at least my old version of bardbot is), looks like an easy fix then.

I'll look at it tonight, but I have an additional question, are Mecenaries inheriting the spawn object? I would assume mercenaries would continue to inherit the spawn object for consistency and because they are spawns. Just want to clarify that to make sure I apply correct fixes. The State change I know I'll have to make since that is an actual change to the Mercenary Object itself.

Last edited:
Restore macroquest.ini back to your previous version. should have ur old plugins.

I just did restore on mine.
FWIW, I just pushed a loader update (to live, I'll do test & emu's a bit later) that backs up the macroquest.ini file for up to 10 backups on loader run, and/or when you hit Save from Plugin Configuration. They are named like macroquest.inX where X is 0 to 9 (0 being most recent backup, all the way to 9 being oldest backup). At least that will give you some capability in case of any mistakes or errors.

Also, the update system I changed to not even show/list INI entries, regardless of server version, if you already have one on your local system - same for a few other files. Other files of said type (e.g., macros) will never be checked by default. A few INI files will update if they need, since they need to match the server version (i.e., not normally customized), such as: MQ2DoCrack.ini, MQ2PiggyZone.ini, MQ2PluginManDesc.ini.

You still can exclude any file from ever updating by listing it in MMOLoader.ini under the [Date_Exclusions] header.

htw

That's awesome thanks htw!

Is the bug fixed that is erasing the macroquest.ini file? I tried to play today and my ini file had erased again. I'm in no rush to play really so I will just wait it out till it's fixed.

That's awesome thanks htw!

Is the bug fixed that is erasing the macroquest.ini file? I tried to play today and my ini file had erased again. I'm in no rush to play really so I will just wait it out till it's fixed.

From my testing it seems gone. We still are unsure what triggered it.

Getting this message - DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/casting etc etc

Which plugin have I not turned on?

From my testing it seems gone. We still are unsure what triggered it.
I tracked it down, by checking version info for the couple people who had it happen (the plugin config gone) - and it was a bad merge / buggy version from a couple of days ago when the custom plugin section was added (CustomPlugins.ini). It was corrected later that day, but a few people would have got bit by it before the fixed release was done. So in other words, the problem is definitely gone, just make sure you save your new config the way you want (and make sure you are using the latest release).

htw

Last edited:
Thanks I didn't have that plugin loaded. Will have to try it later to see if any other problems.

are Mecenaries inheriting the spawn object? I would assume mercenaries would continue to inherit the spawn object for consistency
You assume correct:
10 Oct 2013 by EqMule
-Added new TLO ${Mercenary}
It returns a SpawnType so you have access to all spawnmembers as well as:
${Mercenary.Stance} which returns a string with the current Stance the mercenary is in for example "Passive"

plugin config wont save

I have updated and it still wont save the plugins that i want to have auto loaded not that i use a lot of plugins but is just a pain to have to load them on 4 toons?

It still has issue on my machine.

I loaded up first 5 with all the plugins working fine.

few hours later, I loaded up 6th char, plugins in macroquest.ini got wipped again.

only this one loaded:

[Plugins]
mq2mmobugs=mq2mmobugs

same here. giving errors on macro's and plugins dissapearing. thanks guys :p

I'm still using one of the older compiles posted here by fry until i don't see any more comments about this still happening.. lol

I set my macroquest.ini file to read-only. Seems to prevent it from getting wiped out.

I took the custom ini handling back out, but it's not in this release.

htw