Time to load up on SC!

Not a bad deal but doesn't even touch the Triple-cash promotion, especially when it effectively gets quadrupled if you use Walmart cards.

Not a bad deal but doesn't even touch the Triple-cash promotion, especially when it effectively gets quadrupled if you use Walmart cards.

Even double SC promos are still better, this deal sucks.

Double SC = 50% off per SC, Triple SC = 66% off per SC, and this 4th of July promo = 40% off per SC.

Last edited:
not bad as compared to nothing but yea nothing to whoop about....

10k SC for 51$ is almost double SC. They also did it during a bags sale which is nice.

nope nope nope

wont touch this "deal"

ill hold onto my 10 game cards until they do a real deal 2x or 3x before i claim or sell them

Not that great, SoE is giving less bonus now.
Next deal probably will be Sept.

Yeah the deal is OK, but you still can't buy RoF or game time with it, so pointless IMO!! :mad:

No one seemed to post this so here it is. July 4th only you get an extra 1000sc with your prepaid card. So 1500sc on a Walmart card.

Do you have a $15 SOE Pre-Paid Game Card? We want you to enjoy the celebration too! Get an extra SC1000 when you redeem your $15 SOE Pre-Paid Game Cards on July 4th* only!!

And straight from SOEs mouth on clarification...

You will still get the bonus 500 from a WalMart card.

So, if you redeem a $15 WalMart tomorrow, you will get:
1500 SC (normal)
+ 500 SC (WalMart bonus)
+ 1000 SC (4th of July bonus)
3000 SC (total)

So it's a "Double SC" deal if you use a Walmart card.

BUT... you already have the Walmart +500 bonus "in the bank", if you own any Walmart cards. During a Triple-SC promotion, that 500 gets tripled,, making if effectively a QUADRUPLE-SC deal, 6000 SC for $15. So unless you assume they're never going to do a Triple-SC again, it makes more sense to sit on the Walmart cards and either use a CC or use a Gamestop card.

Let's just hope this offer doesn't represent the end of the Triple-SC promotion. Then I would be very sad. :eek:

Last edited:
the last triple SC was about a year ago wasnt it? I'm not so sure they are going to do it anymore.

They offered Triple-SC last Halloween. I can't find any evidence they offered it since then. Maybe it's a Halloween thing, which has always been a big promo "deal" for Sony. Halloween is only about 4 months away so maybe worth waiting unless you're out of SC currently.

Last edited:
Last triple was Xmas wasn't it? I seem to recall they run a triple every xmas. They do the 12 days of xmas thing with discounts in the market place, and right afterwards a 3x SC weekend, so you end up paying for items in marketplace first and then regret why you didn't wait for the 3x. So you that way you end spending some SC and get forced into buying more.