Question this sub > me

supertimmy

Lifetimer
Reaction score
i play on FV so you get tells with a language attached. sometimes. i don't know the exact reasons why it says a language sometimes, and sometimes not. maybe this part of my problem, i'm not sure.

i stole parts of this from other random macros and i think the syntax (if not the format) is correct, but i really have no idea what i'm doing, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, i'd appreciate it.

p.s. i just want it to beep when i get a tell from anyone but me, my pet, or billy or mikey cause those guys are cool. but, if those parts are the problem, just a beep on a tell from anyone is fine. and i think it will basically beep until i end the macro. i think. which is fine. this isn't an afk thing, just an alert thing. again, i have no idea what i'm doing. this is all witchcraft and sorcery to me and i'm like a kid at christmas when i get something to behave the way i want. you know, lots of staring and smiling and saying o_O look at it!

thanks.

Code:
#event tellcheck "#1# tells you#*#, '#*#'"
#event tellcheck "#1# told you#*#, '#*#'"

Sub Event_tellcheck(Line,Sender)
	/if (${Sender.NotEqual[${Me}]} && ${Sender.NotEqual[${Me.Pet.CleanName}]} && ${Sender.NotEqual[Billy]} && ${Sender.NotEqual[Mikey]}) {
	  :tellloop
	  /beep
      /delay 5
      /beep
      /delay 5
      /beep
      /delay 5
      /beep
      /delay 15
      /goto :tellloop
   	}
/return

Without actually testing anything I know that you have no Sub Main. All macros require a sub main.

The loop in this case should be in sub main and not in the event itself.

The below code should get you closer to what you're aiming for.

Code:
#event tellcheck "#1# tells you#*#, '#*#'"
#event tellcheck "#1# told you#*#, '#*#'"

Sub Main
	/while (1) {
		/delay 5
		/doevents
	}
/return

Sub Event_tellcheck(Line,Sender)
	/if (${Sender.NotEqual[${Me}]} && ${Sender.NotEqual[${Me.Pet.CleanName}]} && ${Sender.NotEqual[Billy]} && ${Sender.NotEqual[Mikey]}) {
		/beep
		/delay 5
		/beep
		/delay 5
		/beep
		/delay 5
		/beep
		/delay 15
	}
/return

Last edited: