The Unborrowing

Just started working on this one after finally getting beast down.

Our bard charmed a messenger got a jelly but said he could not get it to work on any of the cliknar. Does it only work on the mutabeetles or is there some trick to using them?

I'll check Borneal - we recently got to point where we were able to focus on the last part of the raid and we had our druids do the charm on the messengers with their animal charm.

I've got my own question regarding Protarius - does using Lurch as a way to keep Protarius away from the raid work? We are having trouble controlling him.

Edit: Borneal - the druids are charming 2 of the the mutabeetles for the last wave.

Last edited:
Tried this again and it looked like each time we failed and tried again we got more young. 4th try by wave 4 we had about 15 young up. Has anybody else noticed this as always happening or is it just random how many you get?

Wondering if we should drop the instance after a fail and reget it.

Finally won this. Then went back and did it again.

DPS helps alot. Second time we always had killed every mob by the time the next wave came in. first time we frequently had some young still mezzed and did not get them all cleaned up till after wave 6.

We set up out a bit but between the 2 cavernauts. Gives a nice flat open area to work.

Strat that worked for us is to get a few bot chanters in. One Chanter hits AE mezz when the wave hits to get the young. Rest start cycling AE stuns to cut the DPS down from the other mobs. Knights and warriors spread them out so nobody is tanking more than 1 or 2. Never hit AE taunt as it just makes you dead lol. Make sure you have

After wave 6 hits we clean up all mobs. Put a kiter on each Magrix. Druids or bards with the Jelly charm 2 beetles then kill third. Bring in one Magrix and kill. By then usually a beetle is loose and gets killed. Kill off beetle then last 2 magrix. Whichever kiter is free first grabs proto when he goes active and kites. SK works best since you can still Hate step with the root to buy time for it to wear off. That and staying as far from the kited mob as possible helps. As soon as a second kiter is free they backup the first in case he dies.

Once all dead bring in proto and kill.

Of note the second time we did not have a bard so all the messengers got through. I noticed when the last messenger got to proto we had no active mobs but got hit with a silence. Luckily it wore off before the magrix went active. Also Proto seemed to have a few extra AEs going off the time that the messengers got through.