Suggestions on which printer to buy

rob

Super Trooper
Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have an HP C6150 that literally prints money (for HP). If Cyan is empty, you can't print in black and white. Even if you print in black and white, some how, Magenta is used. This makes me spend hundreds of dollars to buy ink.

I want a new printer. I don't want a printer that has the above mentioned issues. The only thing I really require from a printer are:

1) wireless g or n
2) cheap ink
3) will let me print in black and white even if ROYGBIV is empty.

I don't care to scan, fax, create greeting cards, do things with sd cards, water my yard, or use $20 photopaper.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Kodak

ESP 9250 All-In-One Printer...

HP Photosmart C1680 did the same thing to me.

I switched to a cheap color laser printer about a year ago. Think I save myself a good $250 a year, over ink jet.

The printer has certainly already paid for itself.

Unless you have to print photos, or onto dvd's or something, I think having an ink jet is a really bad investment. It does blow my mind how popular they are.

Yeah, look for a cheap colour laser... I spent $500 (Not cheap, no)

As fry mentioned, unless you print photos/dvds etc, it's a bad investment.

Btw if people print photos, i assume it's the same all over the world.... , but down at our local Big department stores they have 8cent photo prints... Better then a home job too. Seems silly to me to try and print your own photos at home on a cheap o printer.

Laser ftw, you'll make your money back.

This is what I'm using.

Samsung CLP-315W Color Laser Printer

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-CLP-315W-Color-Laser-Printer/dp/B001BXS45I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1309409801&sr=8-5[/ame]

Had some problems with setting it up wirelessly, that's about the only problem I ever had.

That is the same printer we had at the small computer store i worked at for a few years, never missed a beat.

I have the Samsung CLX-3175 and whilst both it and the other one tend to be a little bit slower then some other printers, I've never had an issue with it.

Can get the a box with all catridges for under $200AU. Or a similar 3 pack of black catridges for the same price.