How To Play On EQMac On PC Client - Al'Kabor - Free To Play - Download Client

Does anyone know if there is a way around installing this to C:\EQMac ?

I need to put the install in another location.

A new version of MQ2 for eqmac has been checked in that deals with this.

When its released, (which should happen today or tomorrow I think), you can rename/delete the wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll files in your c:\eqmac directory and then place your dir anywhere u like, as long as you have mq2 loaded before you click the "play everquest" button on serverselect it will work.

(for tech nerds:
eqgame.dll is loaded by wsock32.dll and is the only file that "cares" about a static path of eqgame.exe. It only have one purpose and that's to make sure the correct exe checksum is sent to the server.

Now, we just do the same thing but from mq2eqbugfix.dll instead, and without the static path restriction.)

(Just to be perfectly clear: IF you are going to play eq WITHOUT mq2eqbugfix.dll loaded, you MUST use the static c:\eqmac dir AND you cant rename/delete wsock32.dll and/or eqgame.dll or you will get disconnected due to invalid checksum...)

Last edited:
disconnect

I have this installed on a new machine, done twice with the steps perfectly and I had it working on and older 32 bit win7 machine so I knew how. But after logging into the client and choosing the server, once it goes through the loading models etc etc once it should hit character select I get the "you have been disconnected" message and kicks back to server select. The only difference I can tell is this is 64b win7 pro instead of 32.

--Edit: All good now, apparently Avast was deleting wsock32 file and not even telling me. Problem solved!

Last edited:
You don't need wsock32.dll if you run mq2 since it will fix that disconnected thing...

Last edited:
New PC exe released - Version 2.1:
- Fixed % coming up as PCT1;.
- Bazaar Fixed.

Attached in first post.

Hmm, anyone else had a problem with the client crashing at loading before character selection and found a fix for it?

I'm running Win 7 64 bit, followed the instructions in the first post and got the updated zip from Fry's recent post. The client crashes while loading before character select both with, or without MQ2 loaded. Without MQ2Loaded the status bar says Loading Finished right before it crashes. So it makes me think it's graphics related when it's trying to load the character select screen.

I don't have it at C:\EQMac currently, but I did remove the eqgame.dll as noted above.

EDIT: Also running an ATI 6970 in case that matters.

I've tried without sound enabled as well just to rule that out, same results.

EDIT2: My problem doesn't appear to be related to 64 bit Win 7. Tried a Win 7 32 Bit install in a VM and crashes in the same place. Was a fresh VM install so nothing extra installed on the box :( I even tried redownloading the resources through the SOE web installer in case it was downloading something specific for 32 bit vs 64 bit, and no luck on that either.

Last edited:
Hmm, anyone else had a problem with the client crashing at loading before character selection and found a fix for it?

I'm running Win 7 64 bit, followed the instructions in the first post and got the updated zip from Fry's recent post. The client crashes while loading before character select both with, or without MQ2 loaded. Without MQ2Loaded the status bar says Loading Finished right before it crashes. So it makes me think it's graphics related when it's trying to load the character select screen.

I don't have it at C:\EQMac currently, but I did remove the eqgame.dll as noted above.

EDIT: Also running an ATI 6970 in case that matters.

I've tried without sound enabled as well just to rule that out, same results.

EDIT2: My problem doesn't appear to be related to 64 bit Win 7. Tried a Win 7 32 Bit install in a VM and crashes in the same place. Was a fresh VM install so nothing extra installed on the box :( I even tried redownloading the resources through the SOE web installer in case it was downloading something specific for 32 bit vs 64 bit, and no luck on that either.
You are using eqw, right? If not using mq2, try in c:\eqmac, although it would depend on Client. Also in that case, make sure your antivirus is excluding eqmac, and that it didn't delete the wsock32.DLL. if using mq2, make sure you are loading mq2eqbugfix.

just a few ideas. :)

5. Take contents of the Resources folder from the EQMac Launchpad download and copy them to C:\EQMac, overwrite anything it asks.

Just be sure you have done this step correctly.

Seen similar issues myself when I didnt follow instructions :cool:

Thanks for the suggestions.

It must have been the client I used. I got an Everquest Titanium ISO from iptorrents and apparently it wont work with that one. Fry gave me a link to a zip of what he used and it works fine on the first try with that one.

Just started today. I loved EQ during this time. Trying to remember how to do everything though, lol

Appears the EQ mule link is dead in the original post. Does anyone have it?

Appears the EQ mule link is dead in the original post. Does anyone have it?

I never used that one myself - maybe Fry has a copy, and can fix the attachment & download link.

I always used the one from Secrets - I will attach it for you to give it a shot.

htw

Attachments

• EQMac-Windows-SecretsEdition-v1.1.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
I found an older version (2.1) on my computer.

Attachments

• EQMac-Windows-eqmules-Edition-standalone-v2.1.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 4
Thanks Fry and htw:

I am correct in figuring this works on the current AK server or no? I don’t want to cause trouble - simply would like to use it for some options though. (Not warping, etc)

Official EQMac server was shut down by DayBreak.

MQ2 for EQMac only works on the project The Al'Kabor Project (EQ Emu server) now.

I was helping someone a few weeks ago, that was using MQ2 on that server, so it works. The features are not as fleshed out as other version of MQ2 though.

Yeah that’s what I meant.

Good deal, thanks so much.

FYI: It does work great, there is an issue with the map. Also, I had asked in the other thread but I wanted to know if it was possible to change run speeds on here?

Is there a possibility of getting that plugin?