Stupid Tedious TSR!!!!

Potatoes

Lifetimer
Reaction score
This guy wasted 1 hour of my life because he would not give my account back to me:

"*some of the info is edited out with "X"

TSR Mario N: Hi, my name is TSR Mario N. One moment please, while I read your question.
Mike: ok
TSR Mario N: Your message was cut off, can you please retype it?
Mike: sure
Mike: this is not the account that the trouble is with, the account's name is "ilikevanilla"
Mike: i reactivated this account via game card
Mike: but i wanted to also reactivate the "XXXXXXXXX" account
Mike: i type in the station name and password, and it says that this is invalid information
Mike: so i have your automated system email me all the accounts i have
Mike: and "XXXXXXXXX" was not on the list of accounts that i possess
Mike: [end message]
TSR Mario N: As I can see that account does not have any email, if you like I can reset your password for you if you provide the credit card digits.
Mike: that is impossible, that it doesn't have an email address
Mike: i have reset the password on several occasions
TSR Mario N: I can see that it is missing that info on our end.
Mike: i know that the account was opened at <original address>
Mike: i believe the credit card has expired
Mike: and the name on the card is <credit card owner>
Mike: i have the security question written down and everything as well
TSR Mario N: Go ahead and give me the game card digits see if we can work something out with those.
Mike: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Mike: that is the new gamecard i wish to use to activate "xxxxxxxxxxxx"
TSR Mario N: Do you have any past game cards?
Mike: they are only good for one use, so i throw them out >.<
Mike: I'm searching my immediate memory and I think the first or last digits to the credit card could have been 1602, if that helps
TSR Mario N: I am sorry that is not a match.
TSR Mario N: If you do not have the credit card information on hand, please contact your financial institution for the last 4 digits. They are required by law to have that information for at least 5 to 7 years.
Mike: let me see if i have the card in my records... i will return in approximately 1 minute and 20 seconds
Mike: Allrigt
Mike: the first 4 should be XXXX
Mike: the last 4 should be XXXX
TSR Mario N: That is not a match I do apologize.
Mike: could you tell me the bank? that would make the search faster
TSR Mario N: We do not get bank info
Mike: Is there any other possible way I can show that I do own the account? I have already told you the name and address that the account was opened on.
TSR Mario N: I do apologize when you get that info please feel free to contact us once more with that and we would be happy to assist you in recovery, Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Mike: What about the account key?
TSR Mario N: I do apologize but we do not use that for recovery.
Mike: Okay, I do understand that, but you can't sympathize at all seeing that this is not an error of mine, but of your system?
Mike: Your system requires an email address to open all accounts
Mike: I opened it with xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com
TSR Mario N: I do see this issue and you do mike and would like to be able to assist you but in this case the email is not present and you do not have the billing info there is nothing we can do.
Mike: And somehow the email address is not changed, but stripped completely... that has never happened to myself or anyone I know on a previous occasion
TSR Mario N: My sincere apologies about this, other than this recovery can I assist you with anything else.
Mike: I do not understand why I am being penalyzed by your flaw.
Mike: I am not blaming you, I just need the account back.
TSR Mario N: I understand mike but we need the credit card digits there is no other way around that, I understand the email is not there but I am not sure how it was changed but it was changed.
Mike: You told me that it was not changed, but void. "As I can see that account does not have any email..."
TSR Mario N: Correct, like I said I am not sure of how those changes happened.
Mike: It is logically impossible
Mike: However, it IS logically possible to return the account's information to the rightful owner because I have provided a plethora of correct and accurate information regarding the account's opening
Mike: The account MUST have been opened with an email address, and you MUST have records of all total email addresses
Mike: Opening and closing
TSR Mario N: Sir we just need the credit card information, If you do not have the credit card information on hand, please contact your financial institution for the last 4 digits. They are required by law to have that information for at least 5 to 7 years.
Mike: You are asking the impossible.
Mike: There are several credit cards floating around
Mike: It would take months to call each one and ask which has been billed for "EverQuest"
Mike: or "Sony Online Entertainment"
Mike: This issue can be solved easily since you can look at the address in which it was opened
TSR Mario N: I do understand but in this case that is the only way we can get this issue solved my apologies sir, Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Mike: Yes, you can assist me by relinquishing the rights of my account back.
TSR Mario N: I do apologize sir but without those digits we cannot do that, I have told you what you will have to do there is no other way I can assist you with this matter, can I assist you with anything else?
Mike: I will paraphrase your EverQuest EULA
Mike: Since I am paying for the service, I do own that account and several others
Mike: The "xxxxxxxx" account is my temporary property until I willingfully relinquish it.
Mike: I have recovered an account before, ***without*** the credit card information
Mike: as a matter of fact, it was this very account, "yyyyyyyy"
Mike: I provided the account key, email address, address that the account was opened, name of credit card owner and they were able to reset my security question so i could change the password
Mike: This is an extremely similar situation
Mike: I did not possess the credit card then, nor do i now
TSR Mario N: Sir that is not the case at all, the EULA states that all accounts are our property, now the only way it will be released by the credit card info, no other information will be accepted.
Mike: I have a similar issue
Mike: How was my password erased?
Mike: I should still be able to log in, and APPLY an email address, since YOUR system erased it
Mike: i have the security question and everything
TSR Mario N: Your password is never erased on our end Mike there is no way for us to do it.
Mike: Okay
Mike: so i can give you my password and have you apply an email address
TSR Mario N: No
Mike: According to the EULA, it is ILLEGAL to share any account information with others
Mike: therefore, i am the rightful owner of the account since i possess the account name, password, security question and security question answer
TSR Mario N: As we are unable to do any account changes without the credit card info
TSR Mario N: My apologies sir but there will be nothing else we can do for you in this matter.
Mike: Why am I unable to log in?
Mike: It says the password is incorrect, while in fact, it IS correct
Mike: Can people even log in without an email address?
TSR Mario N: I cannot be sure but I would be more than happy to assist you in recovering this account once you get that information for us.
TSR Mario N: Yes they can.
TSR Mario N: It was a error some time ago.
Mike: I have just attempted to log in to the account.
Mike: it says "The Station Name and password you entered was not found. Please check your info and try again."
Mike: Since you said people can log in if there is no email address, why am I now unable to log in to apply an email address to my account?
TSR Mario N: I do apologize sir but this recovery will not be able to be done until you get that info for us, Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Mike: Back up a bit
Mike: This is what happened
Mike: I try to log in to the "xxxxxxxxxxx" account, and it says that the name and pw could not be found, blah blah blah
Mike: I tell the system to email me all of my accounts
Mike: "xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" was not among them
TSR Mario N: Sir we have already addressed this situation and there is no way at all we can recover this account without that info, we have discussed this for some time now and no matter what the case the answer will stay the same there is no way we will recover this account for you without that info, contact us once more when you get that info.
Mike: I can even show you previous emails to and from your system that show that I have changed the account information before
TSR Mario N: Sir I just said there is no way we can recover this account, please return to us with the requested information.
Mike: "Hello xxxxxxxx,
Thank you for updating your Sony Online Entertainment's Station Account registered email address! To complete the update process, please click on the link below. This will activate an additional web browser window to confirm your changes.

Remember: You must validate your changed email address on file with the link below before you will be able to continue with your Customer Service request!

Click on the following link to verify: https://secure.station.sony.com/ema...5VROM0n79oLoThEAS5Jgs34dXRkfTshvyTqGWeRjjSSg=
"

Mike: "Greetings,
Your Station Login is:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
zzzzzzzzzzzz
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Sincerely,

Sony Online Entertainment
http://www.station.sony.com"

TSR Mario N: Sir we have already addressed this situation and there is no way at all we can recover this account without that info, we have discussed this for some time now and no matter what the case the answer will stay the same there is no way we will recover this account for you without that info, contact us once more when you get that info.
Mike: "Dear xxxxxxxxxxx,- Hide quoted text -

Welcome to the EverQuest(R) The Serpent's Spine(TM) beta! Please read this entire email carefully. It contains all the information you will need to hit the ground running and make the most of your time in beta. Remember, you accepted the EverQuest Terms of Use, License and Non-Disclosure Agreement as a condition for acceptance into the beta program, and everything included here as well as what you see on the beta server, in beta-related communications and beta forums and message boards are covered by that agreement.

HOW DO I GET ON THE BETA SERVER?

In order to access The Serpent's Spine beta server, you will need to download the Beta patcher. The FTP site for downloading the patcher is listed below. There may be a lot of data to download, so please be patient. You should run this patcher before you log in, every time. Failing to do so may cause you to experience crashes or gameplay issues that could be fixed just by patching.

You may download the Serpent's Spine beta patcher at the following FTP site:

FTP SERVER: ftp://tssbeta:dr4g0rn@eqftp.station.sony.com/

To get to the ftp site:

Enter the ftp address into your Internet Explorer web browser. It will bring you to the ftp site. The file you need is called BetaPatcher.zip. Just right click on the file and copy it to your desktop. Unzip the file and copy betaeverquest.exe into your root EverQuest directory (Should be in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest unless you changed your default installation.)

Run this every time prior to logging in to the beta server. You will see the Beta Server on the server list, choose that server and log in.

HOW LONG IS BETA?

The beta test is scheduled to begin on July 31th, 2006 and is scheduled to end on September 15th, 2006. However, dates may change if needed.

HOW DO I GET TO THE SERPENT'S SPINE ZONES?

When you get onto the beta server, create your character and head to the Plane of Knowledge and speak to Old Man Thorren. As beta progresses, you will also be able to create a Drakkin and begin your adventures if Crescent Reach.

HOW DO I COPY MY CHARACTER ONTO BETA?

For us to copy your favorite EverQuest character to the beta server, please indicate which character you want us to copy by logging into your play server as your favorite character. You indicate that you want us to copy an individual character by typing the command /beta in your chat window. Periodically we will run scripts that will copy characters to the beta server. Keep in mind that we will be running the character copies on an as-needed basis - not necessarily at regular intervals. It may take several days for us to copy your character.

THE /betabuff COMMAND

The level range needed to test all of the variations of dungeons for The Serpent's Spine is by far the most extensive in the world of EverQuest to date. In order to give you that ability to test as much of the expansion as possible, we have created a /betabuff command. Here's how you use it.

1. Create a first level character on the beta server and log in with that character (this command will only work on 1st level characters).

2. Type /betabuff CLASS LEVEL - where CLASS is the class of the character you would like to create, and LEVEL is the level that you want that character to be. LEVEL can only be numbers divisible by 5, starting at 20. So 20, 25, 30, etc.

That's it. The character you created will be transformed into a character of the level and class you have chosen. Your race and even gender may change as well.

BETA FEEDBACK

There are two methods for passing information to us about what you experience during the beta.

/bug should be used to report bugs. Bugs are gameplay features that do not work, spelling errors, and anything that just does not work as intended. Please give us as much detail about the bug as you can think of when reporting it.

/feedback should be used to send in comments about parts of the expansion that work properly, but that you would like to see changed. If you discover an item that you think should have less Wis and more Int, then use /feedback. If you think a certain encounter is too easy or too hard, use /feedback to report it.

It is important that you distinguish between these two options, as one is read primarily by our testing team and the other is read mostly by our game designers. Sending a bug through /feedback can delay our ability to fix it, since we'll have to route that to our testers for verification.

Please use this command to explore as many of the adventures as you can and report your findings to us.

If you find yourself in dire need of assistance, you can use /petition to contact us for help. Please only petition if the situation is one that you can't correct yourself. For example, if you used /betabuff to create a character and you have lost the corpse, there is no need to /petition. You can just log out, create a new character and use the /betabuff command again.

Please remember that your participation in the beta program is subject to the Terms of Use, License and Non-Disclosure Agreement ("Agreement") which you have already agreed to. Your access in and to the beta program, including the patcher, is for your personal, non-commercial use only, in accordance with the Agreement, and any feedback you provide is confidential.

Thank you for your time and effort; we appreciate your help testing this expansion.

Sincerely,

The EverQuest: The Serpent's Spine Development Team"

Mike: You must have SOME if this in your records
Mike: don't you keep them for "5 to 7 years" ?
TSR Mario N: Sir I just told you we cannot recover this account without those digits there is nothing that can change that.
Mike: The first email regarding the account:
Mike: "xxxxxxxx,
Welcome to Station.com, home of the best multiplayer games on the Internet! This message contains the Station Login and password you used when you registered with us, so please keep it in a safe place.

Station Login: xxxxxxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxxxx

Looking for a magical adventure? Award-winning EverQuest is the most popular online role-playing game on the market. Or maybe you're looking for a first person action game with thousands of players? PlanetSide is the Station's newest cutting edge multiplayer combat game. If you're a Star Wars movies fanatic, immerse yourself in multiplayer Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided.

Thanks again for joining, and have a great time!

Sony Online Entertainment
http://www.station.sony.com"

Mike: You now have the FIRST password that the account had
Mike: this is superfluous information required to release the account
Mike: It is also oblivious to me that I am attempting to give SOE money, and you are denying me that opportunity
Mike: All i want to do is play the rogue along with my druid
TSR Mario N: Regretfully I cannot help you recover this account without the digits there will be nothing else I can do to help you recover this account, the last card used was on 3/20/07 so it should not be difficult to recover it/
Mike: The reason the account was cancelled in the first place was due to an address change on the credit card
Mike: It was changed from <account address openened> to <current address>
Mike: 14534 is the first address zipcode, my error
TSR Mario N: So here is where we are at Mike, I cannot recover this account under no circumstances without the credit card info have who ever was paying it give you the last 4 digits and we will be able to assist you. Thank you for visiting our Sony Online Entertainment customer support chat. Take care and have a nice day!
Mike: Unfortunatly, we have not solved any issue
Mike: Therefore, we are unable to end this chat session
TSR Mario N: Well your issue cannot be solved without that info.
Mike: Allow me one more minute to search for the credit card.
TSR Mario N: So we cannot resolve your issue today.
Mike: I shall return shortly
TSR Mario N: I cannot allow you anymore time I must assist other customers.
TSR Mario N: Hello? Are you there?
Mike: Yes
TSR Mario N: Do you have those digits?
Mike: Another possibility has been fount
Mike: xxxx, xxxx
Mike: first and last
Mike: and last and first
Mike: both attempts would be appreciated
TSR Mario N: Again not a match.
Mike: and again, if you could try xxxx and xxxx
TSR Mario N: Also not a match.
Mike: For all possibilities, it may not have been opened with a credit car
Mike: d
Mike: but with a game card
TSR Mario N: I am sorry sir but we will not be able to recover these digits until you get that info, I can assure you that it is a credit card,.
TSR Mario N: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Mike: Do you see how on the transaction history or what not on the station billing are how it has reciepts for transactions?
TSR Mario N: I can see the history of all of the cards ever used to pay for this account.
Mike: What was the date the account opened?
Mike: This will assist my search
TSR Mario N: 5/21/06
TSR Mario N: Find that card and you should be set, Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Mike: Yes
TSR Mario N: What is that sir?
Mike: I have just found the copy of the confirmation address
Mike: The email account rather
TSR Mario N: Sir I have gone over this with you many time we need the credit card there is no other way.
Mike: According to you, I should be abe to log in if i give the correct password? even though the account mysteriously does not have the email address?
Mike: Yes, but also, regularly, it is possible to change an email address of an account
Mike: Does that account have a valid password at this point in time that I can log in with?
Mike: That way, I can add the email address myself
TSR Mario N: Sir I have been here trying to assist you with this issue, I have said to you many times without that info we cannot recover this account, there is absolutely nothing else we can do to help you in this case we will need that info there is no way around that. If I can assist you with another issue not involving this recovery I would be happy to do that for you, but as for this recover there is no action that can be taken
Mike: I do appreciate and respect the position you are in.
Mike: But I know for a fact that I should be able to log in with the account
Mike: Can you activate the account for me with the game card that has been provided? Since i have the password and station name, an email address shouldn't be required
Mike: As i said before, all i want to do is play the game
TSR Mario N: Regretfully not we cannot modify the account in any way without first verifying account ownership.
Mike: I'll tell you
Mike: I own the account
Mike: verification complete...
Mike: Now if you're calling me a liar, then I would be offended
Mike: This is america, you can't offend people.
TSR Mario N: We verify account ownership with the credit card information(numbers) on the account. You have yet to establish account ownership.
Mike: In all seriousness, I know that it is NOT your fault personally that the MY email address has been UNWILLFULLY REMOVED from the account.
Mike: I had to have verified ownership when I disclosed all the other informaton
Mike: Since you have the first and last digits right there on the your sceen...
Mike: You must have the name of the credit card owner
TSR Mario N: I'm sorry but, without the last four digits of the most recent credit card on the account(which by the way is only 4 months ago), there is nothing that can be done about recovering this account.
Mike: is it xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
TSR Mario N: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TSR Mario N: We will need the last 4 digits of her credit card.
Mike: The only one it can be is xxxx
Mike: it is a Master Card
TSR Mario N: It is a Mastercard and unfortunately the digits you've provided does not match our records.
Mike: What is the expiration date?
TSR Mario N: I'm sorry but, I can only verify information.
Mike: is it july of 2009?
TSR Mario N: No
Mike: Alrighty
Mike: Perhaps it is...
Mike: xxxxxxx
Mike: the verication number on the back of the card should be xxxxxxxx
TSR Mario N: xxxxxx yes
TSR Mario N: All we need is the last four digits
Mike: Perhaps dislexia has gotten the best of me, let me go review those last 4 digits of that xxxxxx card that expires xxxxx
Mike: Well that's frustrating
TSR Mario N: Please come back once you have that information. Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment.
TSR Mario N Has Disconnected
"

What an R-Tard. He disconnected, I filed a complaint and everything. What a douche. I used mostly correct grammar and spelling too...

Mike: I'll tell you
Mike: I own the account
Mike: verification complete...
Mike: Now if you're calling me a liar, then I would be offended
Mike: This is america, you can't offend people.

I laughed at that...people at work looked at me funny...

haha, glad to make someone laugh.

remember that Marshalls credit card fraud thing? the card had apparantly been changed because it was used there... so i got the old info and my accounts back

haha, glad to make someone laugh.

remember that Marshalls credit card fraud thing? the card had apparantly been changed because it was used there... so i got the old info and my accounts back

Grats. I take it this CSR was a tad better? ;)

htw