Stupid circles

wilbunk

Reaction score
When my toon is attacking a mob and is using mq2melee sometimes he spins around the mob in neverending circles, mostly when he gets agro a second time... how can i prevent this.

Using /stick !front could make it better.../stick behind is a common cause for this. Plain /stick should solve problem.

ok so i should just type /stick and that clears it from sticking behind? i think thats what its trying to do and i just want him to stand there and attack i dont care from what direction :)

turn on aggro mode and your toon will attack from the front which seems to work for me.

/melee aggro=ON
/melee save

I think aggro=1 will not solve the problem if 2 or more toons are fighting over aggro...you will just be sticking to front and bouncing around.

You might need to /stick off, then /stick, to get the additional parameters to flush... MQ2melee might be resetting /stick behind so you should check your ini also.

I am by no means an expert on MQ2melee or MQ2moveutils but these are things I would try from past experience getting mine to work right.

I unload mq2melee then type in the Ini stickcmd= stick hold 20 that sticks me to the mob at the point of contact only time I will move if mob runs.

melee aggro on will just mean do not move behind the mob. Worse case is you will eat some ripos. It should not move to the front of the mob though. Aggro just activates a few other obtions in Melee to obtain aggro if you have them defined.

use the /stick command "behindonce" instead of "behind". This works well because it will stick your toon behind the mob when you first attack, but not continually move behind the mob if it turns to face you.

use the /stick command "behindonce" instead of "behind". This works well because it will stick your toon behind the mob when you first attack, but not continually move behind the mob if it turns to face you.

he is not issuing a stick command he would need to adjust his stickcmd line in melee as someone above pointed out

other stick(s)

these may or may not work..I've been using mq2 for several years, and donno if code still works or not.
/stick loose --in the past, this would not keep a set distance while attacking, if the mob moves currently, you're moving with it. That might help
/stick pin --i use/d this a lot in raids, or groups when I wasn't main tank and didn't want peeps to see that I was using a macro on attack. The command positions you on the side of the mob, not front or behind.
Those might help, if they work.

Also, you can, or used to be able to combine the commands to some extent ie:
/stick behind loose
/stick 20 (or whatever distance from mob) loose
/stick behind 20
/stick pin loose
for instance...play with it a bit, might work--but I'm no programmer.
~Hurl