Solo class

Blitzkrieg

Time Traveling Troll
Reaction score
Red Telephone Booth, formerly a Cardboard Box
Website
www.mulletjunky.com
Recommendations on what class I should play for soloing.

I do not have a whole lot of play time anymore and would just like to hop in and do some quests or some bullshit and log out, AFKing in PoK or some shit to grab buffs periodically.

Ain't played in a minute and have no intentions of really getting into end game content hard core. Just want to be able to grind out with a merc and be ok.

I've never played Necromancer but know they and Druids always had a kite dynamic to let them solo. What's the down low nowadays.

Thanks and Hey Zeus Bless.

Last edited:
well it depends on what you want to do. mag/nec let you do the most. ranger vs non summoning mobs. bst once you get tanky. monk/sk can molo with merc. otherwise you are doing kiting of non-summoning mobs with druid/wiz/brd or root dotting on sham. enc/brd can charm kill. options are semi limited if you want to solo the world though.

mage or necro as solo choices

based on what u say u dont want to play classes that need support

war rogue zerk etc while some other classes are ideal for soloing and not really waiting for grps

mage necro

I would think Bst with a cleric merc but it would be a definite grind.

I rolled a BST and trying it out. First time ever trying the class out.

I was debating Necro but it feels exactly like a Mage, so I guess I just haven't been as interested. That is one of the few vanilla class I never played past level 5 or so way back when.

I don't mind needing a merc, as I have a metric fuck ton of SC so I could buy Bayle Marks if necessary. Just looking for an update to things as way back when NEC and DRU were it for soloing the most content, followed by MAG and the like. I'm thinkin' Verant days so all the above suggestions are needed.

Last edited:
Necro.

Or just play the mage I see in my guild roster!

Druid.

Hands down best for soloing.

I've maxed out two druids soloing, and I only solo when I have a bit of spare time and not the energy to box. (I'm considering starting a third lol). And I don't solo much at all since most of my sparse game time is reserved for advancement with my box set.

Read up about quint-kiting. Fastest XP available for any class that's not cheating or being PL or PL-assisted by others.

With a merc you can even handle summoning mobs, of course, which is somewhat a druid's Achilles heel. But even then there are so many mobs that don't summon particularly of the kiteable kind that it's not worth worrying about. Druids can fade now---yet another great soloing weapon.

Don't forget all the utillty too: snare, root, port, evacs, aa evacs, TL to bind, multi-bind capability, wolf forms to enhance healing and dps, potent mana-free instant AA nukes, etc., etc. Druids (and wizzies) are the only classes getting the ability to mass port guildies to their guild hall.

Ironically while the roads and fields of Norrath USED to be lousy with druids in the olden days you just don't see as many today. Playing a druid WELL, especially solo, requires good playskills and in this day of "carebear" game design, I hate to say it, but a lot of newer players don't have what it takes. I've seen a number of friends never get the handle of quadding/quinting even after I walked them thru it personally. It's just not the same as sitting in a group letting the tank handle the mob and casting an occasional heal or nuke from a nice safe range. Is it? ;)

Last edited:
Druid.

Hands down best for soloing.

I've maxed out two druids soloing, and I only solo when I have a bit of spare time and not the energy to box. (I'm considering starting a third lol). And I don't solo much at all since most of my sparse game time is reserved for advancement with my box set.

Read up about quint-kiting. Fastest XP available for any class that's not cheating or being PL or PL-assisted by others.

With a merc you can even handle summoning mobs, of course, which is somewhat a druid's Achilles heel. But even then there are so many mobs that don't summon particularly of the kiteable kind that it's not worth worrying about. Druids can fade now---yet another great soloing weapon.

Don't forget all the utillty too: snare, root, port, evacs, aa evacs, TL to bind, multi-bind capability, wolf forms to enhance healing and dps, potent mana-free instant AA nukes, etc., etc. Druids (and wizzies) are the only classes getting the ability to mass port guildies to their guild hall.

Ironically while the roads and fields of Norrath USED to be lousy with druids in the olden days you just don't see as many today. Playing a druid WELL, especially solo, requires good playskills and in this day of "carebear" game design, I hate to say it, but a lot of newer players don't have what it takes. I've seen a number of friends never get the handle of quadding/quinting even after I walked them thru it personally. It's just not the same as sitting in a group letting the tank handle the mob and casting an occasional heal or nuke from a nice safe range. Is it? ;)

Nice. I think I had a Druid once off a purchased character that was an extra, but didn't know how to play it. It was around PoP expansion and was a perk for the ports.

I remember Druids quad-kiting in PoP. I don't know what even let them quad kite to begin with, or why it's up one more now. :\

Thought about rolling a Halfling Druid off and on, though last time I really looked into it, I was advised it wasn't the best due to Halflings being forced to Karana, when Tunare had better dr00d perks.

Note: I played my MAG last night. Burned a transmog scroll I had on him from long ago and logged. Don't feel like MAG mangs.

Last edited:
Dare to be different

I also created a magician a few months ago just because they are so frigging overpowered. I leveled him to 105 and got spells and gear and I still fall asleep watching him play. Definitely an easy solo class, but I actually find myself soloing with SK the most. I like to run into some place I should not be able to reach easily and FD and then pop a merc and kill stuff. I realize necros can do the same thing more effectively but something about casters makes them less appealing to me . . . and I also find it easier to get groups with a tank class. Killing with an SK is painfully slow but the experience is so fast in the current game that I really do not "grind" anymore anyway.

So if your question is truly the best "solo" class, you want a mag or nec. However, since mercs have been around my definition of solo has morphed into one toon on one account . . . which means with a mercenary you can "molo" with just about any class including a cleric.

You would not believe how powerful a wiz, wiz, wiz, mage ,enc, clr group is right now :)

You would not believe how powerful a wiz, wiz, wiz, mage ,enc, clr group is right now :)

I'm intrigued by this. I have wiz mag enc in my group and I have some idea of how potent 3 wizzies would be. My problem is I need a "real" tank (not a mage pet) and I do find in serious encounters in TBS, having two healers in the group makes the fight much more manageable. The problem with locked zones is you can't just throw in a extra out-of-group healer unless you use mercs and in a group of 6 characters that then affects how every toon gets flagged. I've even considered getting a second group fully TDS-flagged but, man, that's a ton of work!

No doubt, though, in clearing trash a group like this would be stupidly powerful!