skylanders

Noah3

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
anyone got the game skylanders?
i got it for my son, he loves it. i think its pretty cool too , but i beat it wayyyy to easy, they say thety are going to extend levels and abilities so adults can enjoy it too.. anyways , just bored and attemptiing to bs

the freaking thinkgs arent cheap when your like me and want em all, i kinda spoiled the kid by my own need to collect em, hes got em all but sunburn and whamshell, and for the longest i was actually hunting for them, now if i happen upon em. but they are kinda rediclious to obtain.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it like?

Tell me more about the game...I might buy it for my nephews.

Thanks

right on

its pretty wicked, its a spryo game, back when i had an original playstation i played spyro games so kinda cool there to see where theyve gone.

anyways the characters are actually toys that you can play with too, and they all look really neat, you put em on this "portal of power" and they come to life on your tv/game.
the game itslef is not all that complicated, my son is 3 and a half so he cant solve all the puzzles, but he can some of em. its says it is for 6 and up , but i needed to figure out something to encourage fast potty training and this did the trick.
there are like 32 levels of slowly increasing difficulty, and there are 32 characters. you get a starter pack for a system of your choice(xbox, ps3,wii,or ds) and it comes witha portal of power and three characters, i think i seen it in the store for 40 bucks the otehr day. then you buy characters,they range from7.99(kmartandsears)8.99(walmart,target)9.99(toysrus,gamestop) then you can buy 3 packs(the best deal, but have to do this strategicly in order not to get dbls if you find a single somewhere) that is 19.99 at walmart,kmart,sears,target) gamestop and toysrus are rediclious for the 3 packs , you only save like 2 dollars with them
game stop is actually seellign them used now however singally

the toys store the information of your progress on them , and can go across all systems, you build them up with money and xp , gettign them moves and better stats, and can choose paths for them , and then should you choose reset them and start over.
you can go to lvl 10 as of now, but activision/toys for bob(creators) realised adults are diggin the game with thier kids so they are puttign out another version(or expansion) that will include 8 more toys and i think up to level 40 on the toys allowed for progression.

well thats all i can think of but alot more info is here http://www.skylanders.com/
enjoy

Sounds interesting and expensive.

I saw these and wasn't sure my 12 yr old would like this, she is a collector of all things, 'baseball / hockey / gaming' type cards, stamps, coins and little Nick-nack type of things.

I had seen some of these toys on Kijiji for for some decent cash. Never really understood the craze.

Maybe this maybe something that may increase in value over-time?

Anyhow, thanks for the heads up

Last edited: