SK Swarming and could use some suggestions

At 80 paw might be decent xp, or katta elementals, dsh weak cons maybe. Worth a try to see what is easiest.

Hahaha just created a new post at Evilgamers, "Swarming is underrated" . I want to see how negative my negative rating can go!!

Has anyone written a Swarming for Dummies guide yet? As in, steps 1, 2, 3, etc?

Could not even find something like that on evilgamers.net and I looked all over.

You just have to read all the threads and piece it all together.

But people that tell you they leveled a SK from 1 to 95 in 2 days are full of it.

I had people tell me this and there is just no way. You need alot of AAs before you can even do this swarm stuff not to mention decent gear.

I been working on AAs for last few days and going to try Plane of Fire again today to see if I am any better at it at level 80.

Once I get this swarming thing down I might write a guide on it cause people want to do it and it's just not as easy as some tell you. Or maybe it is this easy and they are leaving out secrets they do not want to share.

Ok here is a guide to swarming: Learned through lots of practice and Dieing!!

1) Find an area with a ton of light blue mobs. Know the mobs: do they summon? do they cause you to fd during a fight? can they stun you for any length of time? can they charm you for any length of time?

2) Find a spot where you can put your back into a corner

3) Buff up: Shaman unity is very helpful, mage ds, enchanter haste. Use cloak with a clicky ds. All your normal buffs: drape, shroud, horror, attack buff, and ds skin if you have it at your level. You will want to shrink yourself. I usually cast an illusion spell for a small race, which is important for when you use visage of death, because vod makes you large if you do not block the illusion somehow.

4)Required aa's: Mortal Coil, Knights return strike, double riposte, theft of life, touch of the cursed, steadfast will, speed of the knight, soul abrasion, spell casting reinforcement, veterans wrath, visage of death, scourge skin, hate step, defensive aa's. Then you will need to work any other offensive aa's so you can burn down mobs quicker.

5) Before each pull I will cast Stubborn Stance, and Sholothian skin(those just starting out will want to try and keep this on as much as possible)

6) Epic 2.0 is needed, Leechcurse will not usually get you to the point of procing a mortal coil. 1.5 will be ok, but will be lots of situtations where you may not get to your mc proc.

7) Good 2 hander, some people will say you can do this with sword and board, I say more power to them, i cannot do 150 plus mobs with sword and board.
Pulling mobs:

Start small, 20 Mobs is a good place to start. As you feel comfortable move onto bigger amounts.

Lots of different ways to do this. Some will cast harm shield and run around aggroing mobs, some will put a non damage weapon in their hadn and run around and aggro mobs. I myself will run around with my main in hand and aggro mobs, about half way through my pull I will cast harmshield, as their are a lot of mobs able to hit me at that point.

Another thing I do is use hate step to get ahead of the mobs by enough where i can cast scourge skin, i will then run around long enough to use hate step again and then get in to my corner, and immediately hit my epic. I keep my face to the wall when casting and then turn to face the mobs. Make sure you keep the back arrow pressed, or you may move forward enough to get a mob behind you and you do not want that.

Once Mobs are on me, I will cast fast DoT's on about 3 or 4 different mobs, and then will concentrate my efforts on a singular mob. Once I have one dead, I will cast visage of death. Once VoD is on you want to make sure you are cycling through mobs. watch to make sure mortal coil procs. If epic is running out and you dont hve mc yet, have leechcurse ready to go, then make sure you burn down a couple of mobs while leechcurse is going, if all else fails FD and start again. RNG can be a bitch sometimes!!

I mentioned this in an earlier post, if you get down to a couple of mobs and still have mc up I would grab some more mobs, and then start killing again, starting with the couple of mobs you brought with you(id say 90% of the time i get another proc with the couple of mobs i brought with me.) if it doesnt proc and mc is wearing off usually epic will be ready again.

Without Visage of Death, you will have to pull smaller swarms. For example: Currently when VoD is active I pull over 150 mobs, when it is not active, I pull around 100. Your results may vary :)
Feel free to ask me any questions I have swarmed a lot and have died a lot in learning.

Last edited:
aas

my sk didnt seem to be worth a damn till around 2500 aas, imo most important aas for swarming(if i miss one or 2 im not logged in to dbl check so sorry):
mortal coil.....2hand bash....intense hatred.....TOUCH OF THE CURSED..... touch of wicked........everythign having to do with agility,dexterity,stamina, strength,hp aac, and mitigation(natural durability,planar power, earthern(not sur eif you can get at 80, but for future)dreamlike, and veiled stat increases....COMBAT STABILITY...COMBAT AGILITY... armor of wisdom....natural healing etc in that dept.....) anyways, knights return strike.....speed of the knight....... all the riposte and dbl/triple atk aas.... the one that prevents gettign stunned....leech curse and harms touch are awesome ....the one in class that gives your terror line a chance to heal you, and the one that gives your taps more dmg...also hastend defelction disc....twinproc...veterans wrath....any critial hit increase aa....VISAGE OF DEATH, and hastend visage of death....FINISHING BLOW.....which ever aa it is that makes your buffs last longest, pretty sure its spell casting reinforcment(mc and self buffs will stay around longer).....explosion of hatred and spite(if you have somewhere there helping you).....thats all i can think of off the top of my head for aas .

as far as doing it you need all your self buffs forgot what they are called at that level, one sec ill check alla.. kk at level 80 you get umbral skin(you want to keep that up), drape of corruption at 79...shroud of gloomborn at 77.....soulthirst horror at 76......dont use grim conventant(i dont use grim covenant line..... there is a ds in the banshee skin somewhere but i cant seem to find the one for a lvl 80.....

as for gear, yo say you have best for 80 so im guessing you have t1 hot gear?? and t1hot 2hs???? if this is the case it shoudlnt be to tough(yo need augs though, ac/hp.agility,dexterity,sta str(in order of importance imo)ac/hp no explination needed,,, agility kepps you from gettign hit,,,dexterity helps you proc and use your weps,,,the stamina and str, no explination needed...the chest clicky and the epic should be in a click box, you mentioned done with voa, so i assume you have it , so make a hot bar with those in it so you cna click em from there with ease....

when you actually get down to it, somone said earlier"the more the merrier" very very true. if you have your aas where they should be and your buffs on , and decent gear/augs, you want to get hit.... grab a bunch go somewhere you can put your ass in a croner(very helpful to avoid push back adn get a better chance to land cast, and not get hit in the back(weak spot) click epic work em down 1 by one, dont just focus on one all the way , get a bunch down in the easy to kill range, when your epic is close to wearing off start trying to kill all the ones youve gotten close to death if mc does not proc yet you shoudl have a carpace disc, (looked at alla, its a lvl 78 umbral carpace,,, once you get to lvl 83 you get malarian carpace,malarian mantle, and withstand and steely stance at 84,,, all those are great to have when tanking/swarming, you want to keep up steely stance and withstand as often as you can ) anyways , no mc yet, pop your umbral carpace and or chest clicky, if you are in dire straights, keep on same method if you killed all the ones you got down close(kill till close move to next) once those start to run out(carpace runs out fast pending on how many u have) go back to killing what u have , if mc still does not pop and you cannot otherwise handle mobs, can use leechcures disc or unholy aura disc(leechcures is better if you have too many to be casting a whole lot succesfully, leechcurse is sorta like your epic, and unholy aura gives big boost to your life taps) same thing, get em down till they close , move on, when disc almost gone start killing,,,, and if that doesnt work, lol, pretty sure your good by now , but shoudl you not have yet proced mc, you have the best for last,,,visage of death and deflection disc,,, use em 1 at a time.... if that doesnt work , everythign is probalyl dead lol, but if you have so many and that didnt kill em all, and you are once again faced with death , use death efiggy assuming willful death is maxed yuo will make it out unscaffed........................
once mortal coil procs do the saem thing as before, use it to the fullest, get em down close to death and ready to be killed , but dont kil em, when mc is abotu to run out , start killing t try and get it to proc again,,,,,have mobs ready to pull so if it procs and you run outta mobs, you dont use it up looking for more mobs....

i think that is it, i may have forgotten somethign , im hoping theres a few tricks i dont know so someone here can school me on somethign , i woudl most certianly love to learn a few more things.... hope this helps, adn good luck with your sk.

doh

fox beat me to it, i guess it took me more than 46 mins to write that, minus a pee break... i swear i didnt copy though

sweet

thanks fox, i have always wondered what the heck i cna use my hates step for, and now i know, thanks a bunch.

Nice writeups. I learned a lot myself. Now to figure how to read all that text while I've got 150 LB mobs pounding on me. ;)

I can only swarm for about an hour , then i start to get sick from all the visual input. Glad I am not epileptic, cause if I were, I am sure I would be dead!

Thank you both for the write ups, much appreciated.

Will be reading them for awhile till I soak all that in :)

glad to do it

glad to have done it

And best of all not one flame for asking about swarming :rolleyes:

If I would of done this on evilgamers.net I would of been roasted alive.

Thank you so much for the helpful reply's.