simple tell-based event macro

Sum1

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hey all,

If no one has an example I'll piece one together, but was hoping someone already had one more or less gtg.

I'm looking for a simple working macro that I could run on a bunch of toons and have one toon send them all tells at once using a hotkey that would trigger an event to do a series of things. Nothing major or overly fancy is required... just "tells you, die dude!" and then it /gates and /camp desktop... or whatever (that's just an example).

Code:
#event holla #*#tells you,'gate#.#

Sub Main
     /declare sZone int outer ${Zone.ID}
     /call waitloop
     /return

Sub Waitloop
    :loopage
     /if (${Zone.ID}!=${sZone}) /endmacro
      /doevents
      /goto :loopage
/return

Sub Event_holla
     /echo Gating!
     /delay 1s
     /gate
/return

Maybe this? Just threw it together but pretty sure it should work /shrugs. Obviously you could either just tell them "gate" or you could change the event =p I made it end if it zones out. So if you want it not to just remove the szone shit.

Oh and may I ask why mastermind wouldn't work?

Last edited:
You would want to use the Chat function for your events

This is just first section ripped from RaidDruid so it has way more then needed just the syntax is the example.
Code:
#CHAT tell
Sub Event_Chat(ChatType,Sender,ChatText)
/if (${ChatType.Equal[tell]} && ${RelayTells} && (${Spawn[${Sender}].Type.Equal[PC]} || !${Spawn[${Sender}].ID})) /${ChatChannel} ${Sender} told me ${ChatText}

Or you could use mq2mastermind and be able to add or or change hotkeys on the fly. Mq2events or EQBC. Macros tend to be slower, sometimes you forget to start them or even they stop due to something else. All 3 of these suggestions are quite easy to set up and can run pretty flawlessly.

I'm trying to stay away from EQBC because I don't want to learn how to set it up quite yet. That will come in the future :p

chat channel commands is an idea... I didn't really consider it, but I do already have a channel/pass for my toons that I didn't really use for anything other than cleric heal spam and stuff.

*edit*

I found raiddruid on the mq2 forums and while it looks like a great script, it also is way more complicated than I need for the job I'm looking to do.

I'm going to look at mq2events and mq2mastermind next I think... otherwise I'll go with a slower macro that will still do the job I think.

Last edited:
I'm trying to stay away from EQBC because I don't want to learn how to set it up quite yet. That will come in the future :p

chat channel commands is an idea... I didn't really consider it, but I do already have a channel/pass for my toons that I didn't really use for anything other than cleric heal spam and stuff.

*edit*

I found raiddruid on the mq2 forums and while it looks like a great script, it also is way more complicated than I need for the job I'm looking to do.

I'm going to look at mq2events and mq2mastermind next I think... otherwise I'll go with a slower macro that will still do the job I think.

Hey man, I understand the apprehension of trying something like EQBC. I cerainly felt the same way before I gave it a try. But it was **MUCH** easier that I thought it would be and I'm a software retard. Judgeing from your posts you already have a good idea of 'puters and MQ2 so I know you;d have an easier time than I did and it took me all of 5 min to get it running hte 1st time.

Only time I ever had a problem with it was when I switched a router and hadda ask about reseting it.
Give it a go, it'll be worth the little time invested~

GL

BB

You should look at MQ2Events. You can setup an INI for each character to do certain things based on tell/chat events. It would allow the ease of use you are looking for without the need to always have a macro running.

Also, instead of sending multiple tells to different toons, you could have them all join the same chat channel and all react off the same call there.

I had problems figuring out the syntax for creating the events in mq2events and with creating a multi-command response for said event. I could have probably figured it out, but I was looking for something a little faster.

Plus, for me tells might actually be better because I tend to join lots of random channels during raids and so my channel numbers are somewhat in flux. I think I'd have a greater chance of f'ing something up in that regard and outting myself :)

I had problems figuring out the syntax for creating the events in mq2events and with creating a multi-command response for said event. I could have probably figured it out, but I was looking for something a little faster.

Plus, for me tells might actually be better because I tend to join lots of random channels during raids and so my channel numbers are somewhat in flux. I think I'd have a greater chance of f'ing something up in that regard and outting myself :)

why not use autojoin for the channel? that way its always channelX every time that's what I do for the spam for my bots. that way friends I group with know the info and can join and see the messages if they want.

Eqbc uses its "own" channel... No need to remember channel numbers just command. To be honest, going the way of a macro you are just crippling yourself and making it that much more apprehensive to yourself to switch to a more powerful solution. No pressure though if your comfortable, then so be it.