Shroud AA Powerleveling - How To

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope its 100% removed, this has been tasted by myself and others. The exp that many have been running a business off of and explioting will be gone as of this patch. Its been posted on test forums and test patcher for almost 2 months.

*BEWARE! any mass useage of this for the last 3 weeks might result is a 22 day roll back or a banned account.*

Not meaning to sound bad, but I like the 3 week warning when the patch is a couple days away....

Not meaning to sound bad, but I like the 3 week warning when the patch is a couple days away....

I think he is referring to the fact that this became common knowledge to those outside the PLing business about 3 weeks ago.

I think he is referring to the fact that this became common knowledge to those outside the PLing business about 3 weeks ago.

Yeah, it wasn't a problem until "the masses" got wind of it (as it is with most things like this in EQ). I remember years ago, a day or two before the cheese exploit got out. SOE knew about it but they didn't care enough to change it. Then word spread and folks starting crowding the vendor in Shadowhaven, crashing the zone a few times. Day later, EMERGENCY PATCH!

the cheese explot? oh whats this? i knowits not around now etc but allways interested to find out what has been available in the past?

the cheese explot? oh whats this? i knowits not around now etc but allways interested to find out what has been available in the past?

In the Luclin era, there was a baking recipe (for cheese) that you could sell back to vendor for a profit over the cost of the materials. It was only like a 1g or so profit (maybe 2.5g? it's fuzzy atm :p), but when you consider how that could stack up macro'd (and the time period we're talking about, where plat was more valuable than it is now), it was HUGE. I remember it because a friend/mentor of mine was a ShowEQ/MQ user and he hipped me to it. But I was afraid to get banned so only did like 10 combines and quit. But, I was trying to do the Amulet of the Haven quest (so I could buy spells and stuff) and the zone kept crashing. Did a /who and saw it was like 400+ people in the zone.

Another one that comes to mind is the blue diamond dupe bug, but I don't know the exact details behind that one. Had something to do with a vendor in an out of the way place that could be manipulated to sell blue diamonds (when they were drop only at the time).

I remember the blue diamond deal. They were selling for about 3k each to players back then as well.

In the Luclin era, there was a baking recipe (for cheese) that you could sell back to vendor for a profit over the cost of the materials. It was only like a 1g or so profit (maybe 2.5g? it's fuzzy atm :p), but when you consider how that could stack up macro'd (and the time period we're talking about, where plat was more valuable than it is now), it was HUGE. I remember it because a friend/mentor of mine was a ShowEQ/MQ user and he hipped me to it. But I was afraid to get banned so only did like 10 combines and quit. But, I was trying to do the Amulet of the Haven quest (so I could buy spells and stuff) and the zone kept crashing. Did a /who and saw it was like 400+ people in the zone.

Another one that comes to mind is the blue diamond dupe bug, but I don't know the exact details behind that one. Had something to do with a vendor in an out of the way place that could be manipulated to sell blue diamonds (when they were drop only at the time).

And before the cheese, wasn't it the arrows? I remember making tons of arrows and having a shit load of pp back then.

*BEWARE! any mass useage of this for the last 3 weeks might result is a 22 day roll back or a banned account.*

I wouldn't exploit the crap out of it anymore, but throwing out statements like that is completely conjecture on your part... a fucking car *might* fall out of the sky, hit my apartment building, and pummel from the 30th to the 15th floor and into my living room... but who really knows.

Might want to get what you need and not get greedy... or just get a few... or if you've already done it don't go back. Either way, don't make shit up.

I wouldn't exploit the crap out of it anymore, but throwing out statements like that is completely conjecture on your part... a fucking car *might* fall out of the sky, hit my apartment building, and pummel from the 30th to the 15th floor and into my living room... but who really knows.

Might want to get what you need and not get greedy... or just get a few... or if you've already done it don't go back. Either way, don't make shit up.

Like many others have said, they have been banned for less actions. People thought there wouldn't be a mass bann for the nd/gk because soe let it go on for so long. Its not just a personal opinion but you take a look at the series of major expliots in the past and the bannings that came with them when they were mass explioted by idiots. Because its the idiots that always destroy good cheats once they get their hands on it.

Like many others have said, they have been banned for less actions. People thought there wouldn't be a mass bann for the nd/gk because soe let it go on for so long. Its not just a personal opinion but you take a look at the series of major expliots in the past and the bannings that came with them when they were mass explioted by idiots. Because its the idiots that always destroy good cheats once they get their hands on it.

The difference being nd/gk required MQ2 and access to some serious plugins for it to work. Said plugins interacted with the client and packets to force the game to do things impossible to do legitimately.

This shroud experience thing is completely different. Joe Shmoe off the street could run into this by accident, not even exploit it, and be caught in a ban wave. Worst-case scenario is people who didn't even know there WAS such an exploit get caught in a ban wave and people freak out.

Sony isn't going to risk it. If they didn't do mass rollbacks for the bone quest, and didn't really do mass rollbacks even on people who exploited the bag dupe (although they got a few of the folks who got way too greedy), they're not going to do it on this. Comparing this to nd/gk isn't even in the same stratosphere.

btw... who was the fucking idiot saying that they wouldn't ban for nd/gk?

heh since it doesn't matter anymore, what was the bone quest and bag dupe?

Did that have something to do with the dorf in the Kaladim cleric guild?

I've got one (that wasn't an actual exploit but people farmed the bejeezus out of it and got it nerfed): Tumpy Tonics. Man, I made a MINT off those things as a mid 20s to 30s druid.

No, the exp is the exploit, dur, you dont make it an exploit by HOW you use it. Once you USE it, its an exploit. Christ

What he is saying, is that there are non MQ2ers out there who are actually using the shrouds the way they were supposed to and grouping with a lower level buddy completely unaware that it is working any other way than what was intended.

If SOE did a mass ban those people would be wrapped up in it as well and I agree with Sum1, I dont think they would do that just to get those that were knowingly exploiting.

Will that stop them from tracking people down one by one with simple log parsers? No. But, see my other post on just why it would even be worthwhile for them to mess with it once it is fixed? It wouldn't be.

this is NO different from naggy MM and people did get banned for it. Quit lying to yourselves to make yourself feel safe.

Yes, people have ALREADY been banned for this, nobody disputes that. But what we are talking about is a MASS BAN post nerf. I dont see that happening over something like this.

I still have 50 fucking AAAA in the bank on 2x accounts without so much as a peep! Could SOE have done a log parse on merchants post nerf on that and busted every a-hole that used it? Fuck yes! Did they? FUCK NO!

Something like this, your just agreed that this is JUST like the Naggy MM.

Its sad your such a douche on the boards, guess your just nice in PMs to get what you want.

Why did you just turn this into a personal attack and start name calling? Im stating my point of view which is directly opposite of yours and now Im a fucking "douche" just because I dont agree with you 100% of the time?? Are you fucking kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.