Shroud AA Powerleveling - How To

Status
Not open for further replies.
Method in first post works fine for me for getting AAXP. I have two level 81 toons (warrior/cleric). I shroud the cleric to 65, get the instance (the warrior is using a cleric mercenary for 3rd group member) , then re-shroud to 55. Kill lots and get my AA's when I un-shroud. Make sure you're on 100% going to AA's before you start getting instances.

Its about 5 AA's an hour without lesson, but that's a lot more than my gimp geared toon get duo-ed. I tend to only pull a max of 15 mobs - any more than that and I die or the cleric merc runs away.

It could be more efficient with more toons and I afk a lot, but worth it for a break in general grinding.

thats the best thing about these methods, you dont have to tie yourself into a grind groupd for hours, you can afk when you want, for as long as you want, you dont have to rely on anyone.

Still a massive 2 thumbs up from me Tzi, most wouldnt post this, and many didnt know of it.

Altho im far to lazy to bother boxing, or grinding, <3 Swazafix

a BIG advantage to me is that I could xp 4 toons at a time. I could take my SK, shaman, and 2 other toons to RSS but it's slow and then the other toons on the sk and shaman accounts don't get leveled.

Anyone know if there is a cap on the # of aa's you can earn after unshrouding, if so what is it?

I dont believe there is a limit to aa you can bank while shrouded but I am not willing to test it .. I've gotten 97aa after a couple days of power leveling so i am sure its at least 99 not sure what will happen it you hit 100+ or if its possible to go over 99, I usually just unshroud and spend aa's after i power level just that 1 time i stayed shrouded

unlimited im sure, altho any reason to go over 9999 banked ive no idea :)

ive had 700 banked at once, and i know for sure you can have over 1400 banked.

When the bone quest was jacked up, banked over 2k aa on chanty. Only bugger was the 10 minute timer between spending them.

So just to make sure I'm not reading comprehension impaired -

If you have 2 chars grouped, the unshrouded char must get xp from the mobs being killed (i.e. green at least) if not you have to petition to get xp on the shrouded toon. Naturally, red mobs are preferred either way for the shrouded toons.

So I suppose that begs the question, what are some good spots if you had a level 85 chararcter now to twink another, with lots of easy mobs?

mobs can be grey to the toon if your working normal xp, but for AA xp you'll need to be killing green cons.

I have yet to try different spots but I'm sure you could get this instance with a higher lvl toon to get green con mobs as they were light blue with a lvl 80 mission getter.

I am having issue with once I am unshrouded, I am not getting AA.

I have Cle, War and Rog toons.

I shrouded Rog into lvl 65 and get instance, then zoned to instance and start killing. Shrouded Rog got exp when in grp with Cle and War.

But, once unshrouded, I didnt see my Rog's Exp increased, anything I did wrong?

Thanks,

I am having issue with once I am unshrouded, I am not getting AA.

I have Cle, War and Rog toons.

I shrouded Rog into lvl 65 and get instance, then zoned to instance and start killing. Shrouded Rog got exp when in grp with Cle and War.

But, once unshrouded, I didnt see my Rog's Exp increased, anything I did wrong?

Thanks,

some one in your goup is not getting experience while killing is my guess. they can not con white to any member killing or u wont get any xp once unshrouded becase u should have never got teh experience message on shouded toon in the first place by EQ rules anyways

70 shroud

My Mains (whom I kill with) are all 85, so I had to shroud to 70 to get the instance, then shroud down to 60 for the killing. This works 100% for AA XP on the shrouded toon. Mobs were all greens to the 85 doing the killing.

Does anyone have a bot mac for this? Maybe a follower macro? I was playing with followpath from another macro but I'm not sure how to /follow if, so on and so forth.

thats what people are sayin but i havent seen a post that says its happening so guess we'll see

Mind you, from what I can see, they are saying that on test there is just a cap on aa's you can bank while shrouded, anyone on test confirm if they've stopped the good exp?

Mind you, from what I can see, they are saying that on test there is just a cap on aa's you can bank while shrouded, anyone on test confirm if they've stopped the good exp?

Nope its 100% removed, this has been tasted by myself and others. The exp that many have been running a business off of and explioting will be gone as of this patch. Its been posted on test forums and test patcher for almost 2 months.

*BEWARE! any mass useage of this for the last 3 weeks might result is a 22 day roll back or a banned account.*

*BEWARE! any mass useage of this for the last 3 weeks might result is a 22 day roll back or a banned account.*

You mean outside the normal risk of doing something SOE considers an "exploit", or just the normal risked assumed when participating in such things?

pfft, like it broke the game in any way. Mind you, if they DO rollback/ban, at least i'll be freed of this stupid eq addiction again. Cancelling 4 accounts won't do much for their bottom line, but it'll make ME happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.