-Toons in group for xp
80 sk
Lvl 55 shroud

-Group location
Dranik Scar instances – watering hole, murk hive and fire pit

-Where to request and with who
Grand Historian Gersh
For NORMAL XP
Level 60 shroud request mission by saying “caves”, un-shroud and re-shroud as a lvl 55
For AA XP
Level 65 shroud request mission by saying “caves”, un-shroud and re-shroud as a lvl 55

3 people min, dynamic zone for request, after that up to 6, 1 min but im sure y’all know this already

-How to kill
Pull the entire zone with the SK (around 83-90ish mobs depending on instance)
I used epic 2.0 click once mobs were in camp
Langour when epic 2.0 falls + hot on shaman, heals on cleric
Slaughter with the shrouded toon in your group (level 55)

Full Explanation

I used this method to get 84aa in one night, with double xp, on a lvl 75 toon by just pulling the zone each time it re-popped, I’m sure you could get a new instance and pull again due to the 10min or 6min epic click timer or just being good at it and wanting more, I’m sure you don’t need sk epic if you have a warrior to furious everything dead which most likely will work or just a beefy warrior with defensive. I have only tried this with a SK tank.

The reason for requesting with a 60 shroud is that the mobs will be level 56, grey to the 80 tank and yellow to your level 55 shroud. If you can handle higher level mobs with your tank then by all means get the mission with a 65/70 or above.

The key for this is camping your shrouded toon in only for the kills, pulling takes roughly 5-7 mins but killing only around 4 for everything, you can eek in 5-8 pulls if your good at camping right as the last mob dies. I’m sure it will take less time if you have a nice 2h on a warrior or using furious. I used one charge of an XP pot and got 84 aa on 7 full clears of the zone. This is very low risk high reward AA points. The only drawback is when I un-shrouded I had to petition for the aa, apparently they don’t like it when you get 84aa with a shroud. I just logged all the kills and posted them into the petition, explained to gm and got my aa, with less than 84 I’m sure you’ll be fine.

FIRST XP
[Sun Oct 19 01:42:06 2008] You gain party experience!!

LAST XP
[Sun Oct 19 04:49:18 2008] You gain party experience!!
[Sun Oct 19 04:49:26 2008] You begin casting Spirit Sending.

I have not tested ds killing the zone or anything like that, but the possibilities are endless. The gm had no problem with it and gave me all the AA’s without fuss after I explained to him what I was doing. If this has been posted before I’m sorry, hope it helps someone.

MQ was not used on any toon to do this, just straight up pulling and killing, very simple.

feel free to post questions / concerns / comments or pm me.

Tziki

-Updates

AA xp wont be rewarded initially if the mobs are grey (thanks lookin!) although it did register the aa xp i received with the grey mobs I wasn't rewarded for them with aa. When the gm looked at the petition and he was able to see I earned 84 aa., to get around this shroud to level 65 and get mission, Mobs will be level 61 and green to the 80 killer, of course if you have a lower level tank doing this you can do lower level mobs and shrouds. 55 is lowest for 80 so i went with that.

had a question regarding why i had to petition as well as the level of shroud, answer is here for all to see:

when i un-shrouded after killing with the 80 in group i did not receive any AA xp so i had to petition it.
The lowest level you can group with at 80 is 53 so the appropriate shroud is level 55 or above.

Do you think you could do this well with a 33k buffed up warrior with a high dmg 2hander and dmg sheild clickies with a cleric or druid healer ?

Just grab the mission with a 60 shroud and give it a go, get some hot pots for the pull but 33k hp I'm sure you wont have a problem haha. The sk lifetaps probably helped but in the end shaman hots and cleric heals were what kept me up. The higher damage your 1h'ers or 2h the better off you'll be of course, cleric had no rk2 spells or buffs, just a healbot with decent amount of mana nothing crazy though, full stallos group stuff would do for a healer i bet, faster the mobs hit you also faster they will die to ds so its a tradeoff that should work.

was always my experience that the higher level had to get exp from the mob for the lower level to get any type of aa exp although lower level can get regular exp when higher level doesnt get any. is this rule different for shrouds?

that could be why I had to petition for the xp, I was unaware of that rule. If you use a level 65 to get the mission mobs will be green to the lvl 80 (lvl 61 mobs) and aa would work without a hitch theoretically, I have not tried this, regular xp did work fine with 55 shroud and grey mobs to the 80. Also the mobs would be red to the 55 shroud, for better xp I would think. They still hit very weak at lvl 61, I was pulling half the zone that way as i didn't want to risk dying since I wanted something super simple to get xp.

Not that I doubt your word, but I was under the impression that this isn't supposed to work? Ie, if you shroud down to gimp level, the amount of xp you recieve for killing a mob would be based on your actual character level. Which, on grey con mobs, would be none at all.

it was working 100% fine for normal xp, i stopped to try aa and this is what i ended up with. If you can handle green con mobs at level 61 the xp would most likely be better killing red cons to shroud than yellow. I posted it here so people can try it, perfect it and let everyone else know whats up with it. I didn't think it worked till I tried it either.

- I did this on normal xp, green and grey cons to level 77 from 65. I used the 55 shroud every time.

Just tried it. I got normal exp and that worked. Tried it on AA and got nothing. I guess my directions following skills are broken. You had to petition for the AA exp? That is going to look suspicious as hell if all the sudden 5000 of us are doing that :D

i had deodan respond to my petiton, told him what i was doing and he gave me the aa, he said it showed i got 84 aa but they were "lost" somehow.

Hello X, Senior GM Deodan here, thanks so much for your patience as we work through our petition queue.

X, I was happy to speak to you in-game today and resolve this matter (by returning your lost AA points). Please know in the future, that you should not zone before you spend any banked AA points over the amount of 30.

I hope to see you in the new expansion, and I hope this helps!

If you need any further assistance with any other concern, please feel free to send a /petition in-game or offline via the link:

also to get the aa without petition see if you can handle the zone gotten by a lvl 65 toon, the green mobs don't hit to hard at all but will give you aa without a petition since they are not grey. (note i have not tried that but if someone would and post would be great!)

I used one charge of an XP pot and got 84 aa on 7 full clears of the zone

Not possiable when repops are 24mins and potion last 30mins max. 84aa on 7 cycles sound false in so many ways.

Not possiable when repops are 24mins and potion last 30mins max. 84aa on 7 cycles sound false in so many ways.

Takes only 4 mins to kill the mobs, camp when there's about 12 in camp your out right as last exp hits, timer is not running at character select. Also with the way new group works you don't have to re-invite the toon, they will pop in group when you enter game.

[Sun Oct 19 01:41:45 2008] Your mind and reflexes sharpen.
that is when exp pot starts, the log is not cut in any way, it never wears as you can see.

Log is attached to post, please post more questions if you have them!

Attachments

• Logtxt.txt
    52.4 KB · Views: 23
also for the "you couldn't have gotten 84 aa" here is the log of my chat with the gm, i took out the food spam and him explaining a rollback wouldn't get me the xp i lost.

attached in txt format

Attachments

• gmlogtxt.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 70
Very interesting, and thanks for sharing!

However, I can see this getting nerfed very quickly when 5000 of us do it as stated earlier :)

i think if y'all can handle the green con mobs to the 80 (xp giving mobs at 80) you wont need to petition for the AA points. If someone can try and post that would be great. Was just trying to get aa with minimal effort once every 20 mins or so, tough to die so can't really complain!

There are red flags all over your text chat with the gm.

If that GM has any brains (which looking at the chat doesn't appear so), he'd flag your account for review and keep an eye on you.

I think he got pissed that i asked for a rollback to get the xp but he explained that wouldn't work, maybe he thought i was trying to dupe items or something like that (very big problem on FV). I just un-shrouded and since i didn't get the xp went afk till the petition was answered. Never had this happen so was kinda confused since regular xp was working just fine with the same method (2-3 levels from 70+ this method in couple hours, was tired of grinding in fort or zeka/beza lol).

I don't use mq on any of the accounts so i have no problems with it, probably wouldn't have had to petition if i was killing green cons over grays as well, no gm involvement. Never had a problem with the regular xp, even on the gray cons, only with the aa. I will keep a watch out though for anything suspicious around the account and if anything happens. Def don't want anyone getting into any sort of problems or trouble from this so why i posted and asked for questions etc =D

I have a ?,
When the lvl 55 shrouded toon requests the mission,
do the other group members have to be in a different zone, so the average grp. lvl doesnt effect the mission lvl?

i dont think that mission works off of group average as much as the level of the charachtor requesting.

i highly doubt its gonna work again to petition. you essentialy caught deodan when he wasnt paying complete attention or was just being nice. he is a pretty cool gm so gives a bit of leway with questionable stuff but if u get some one like lydria you arent getting aa. chances are this was a one time thing and anyone else that tries this will have to go to the 60 shroud. even then though i believe exp earened for aa is based a lot off of what the mob cons to the highest level in the group so the combination of a shroud 20 levels below your currnet level and a level 80 in the group would make the experiance negligable no matter how many you killed. your best bet if going the shroud route would be to shroud some one to 55 and keep them out of group but still do at least one point of dmg to the mob and have the sk have a ds on and not do any other dmg to mobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.