Setting Default run speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mont7181

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Is there an .ini or a command to set my default run speed to something like /speed 1.2, so every time I zone I dont have to keep resetting it?

This [ame="http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9691&postcount=13"]post[/ame] might be of some help.

It doesn't keep your speed when you zone? Hmm.. I'll check it out.. It should keep your speed contant through zoning.

Adding it to the INI might be a good idea though that way you can set it and forget it. :)

Maybe its just me, but everytime I zone, my speed goes back to default speed.
I made a new toon the other day, and when i type /speed, I get a line saying;
default speed is .7
So where is the .7 coming from.
I assumed the plugin iniatialized player speed to .7, because thats everyones base run speed?
I was hoping to add to that nice auto on list, as in camp=on, gmbeep=on
/defaultspeed=1.0

i usually don\'t run speed at all. lately i ran it andican\'t remember i was either 2 or 1 and i could not move forward. it was like i was snared instead of being faster. i went backwards pretty fast but, not forward. I turned it off and it was still messed up i had to zone to fix it when it was off. I even had times when it was like running into a brick wall. All the speed changes were done when i was not running. Does that have aimpact on the macro...

Also if you use /speed and then you turn it off and get on your horse, your horse speed is jacked its at 100. You have to re/speed to fix the horse 214 is fastest buyable horse I beleive and I think thats 1.5.

-Drak

I use /speed a lot with my bard so I have an extra song slot. It drops back to 0.7 everytime I zone, I thought that was normal. One wierd thing I've noticed about /speed ... You can strafe side to side really fast, which I don't think is normal with legit game buffs -- so you can tell is someone is using speedhack. You also move backwards really slow which isn't the case with sow and selos.

Got this in IRC Today.

[12:53] <hurr> help fry!!
[12:53] <Fry> whats up?
[12:53] <hurr> problem
[12:53] <hurr> with /speed
[12:54] <hurr> doesn't reset on zone/fade now. Is there a way to return it so that it does?
[12:54] <hurr> otherwise, while soloing /speed 2 in vxed, die/gate and eeeek run around WAY fast infront of folks in pok...
[12:54] <Fry> lol
[12:54] <Fry> are you running a macro?
[12:55] <hurr> i /q'd immediately
[12:55] <hurr> no, just normal exping on my necro.
[12:56] <Fry> i know /speed default
[12:56] <Fry> puts you back to default speed
[12:56] <Fry> at this time there isn't a switch for putting it back from zoning
[12:56] <Fry> i'll add it to the request list
[12:56] <hurr> poop. Okay. Thanks :D)

Just a heads up to Psyc, looks like we need to add a sort of switch for this thing.

Fry.

Just an FYI, I played with the /speed command last night (had heard about it before).

I change it to 1.20 and zoned a couple of times and then did /speed and it showed 1.20.

I then changed toons, and did /speed and it was still 1.20.

Didn't know there was a /speed default, but I reset it to /speed 0.70 and it stayed there.

Not sure if this was, or wasn't supposed to be resetting to default after zoning, and especially after character changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.