MQNext for ROF2 - MQ2Hud

Fixxer

Reaction score
For some strange reason that I can't figure out yet, I plug in the MQ2Hud coordinates and they wind up in the middle of the screen instead of near the corner where they belong. Using what I have listed below, if I change the first coordinate from 123 to 122 or lower, it vanishes from the screen all together. It's like 0,0 isn't where 0,0 should be in the upper left hand corner of the screen. The exact same settings in the older version of MQ2 for ROF2 works perfectly with the existing coordinates, but in the MQNext for ROF2, I would have to use negative numbers to get the HUD to show in in the same place as before.

[Elements]
GameTime=123,0,40,255,255,255,GameTime: ${GameTime.Hour}:${GameTime.Minute} - ${If[${String[${GameTime.Night}].Equal["TRUE"]},Night,Day]}
Speed=123,0,52,0,240,0,Speed - ${Int[${Me.Speed}]}
LastTell=123,0,64,215,0,215,LastTell - ${If[${MacroQuest.LastTell.NotEqual["NULL"]},${MacroQuest.LastTell},]}
TributePoints=123,0,86,0,240,0,Tribute - ${Me.CurrentFavor}
XP=123,0,98,200,200,200,XP - ${Float[${Me.PctExp}]}% into ${Me.Level}
AAXP=123,0,110,240,240,0,A.A. XP - ${Float[${Me.PctAAExp}]}%
HP=123,0,122,100,255,100,Current HPs: ${Me.CurrentHPs} of ${Me.MaxHPs}
Mana=123,0,134,100,255,100,Current Mana: ${Me.CurrentMana} of ${Me.MaxMana}
Macro=123,0,146,215,0,215,Macro Running: ${Macro.Name}
**Me Loc**=123,0,160,150,250,150,**Me Loc** ${Me.Y} ${Me.X} ${Me.Z}
Petdistance=123,0,172,255,255,255,${If[${Me.Pet.ID},Pet Distance: ${Me.Pet.Distance},]}

wtf is 123? That's the hud type, assuming you aren't using font sizes, but even if you were, font 123 is umm.. no.
Change those 123's to 3's and make sure usefontsize=off in your MQ2HUD.ini, or if you do want font size, then something like 3,2

• Haha
Reactions: EQDAB and jarori43
the coordinates are the 2nd and 3rd numbers.

Ok... Still the same problem.

LineBreak2a=3,2,260,65,255,255,255,______________________
Puts the line in the middle of the screen.

LineBreak2a=3,0,260,65,255,255,255,______________________
Puts it within the view port, along the left edge.

I have EQ operating in 2560x1440 with a view port small enough to put the target and chat windows around it. In previous versions of MQ, I was able to use the real screen coordinates to put text in the unused areas outside the viewport. 3,0,0 should put the text at the same coordinates on the monitor, not just within the viewport. Something is different between this version and the previous MQ2HUD, but I don't know what it is.

So the bottom line is, how do I use the true screen coordinates and not just the coordinates within the viewport? I need 0,0 within the game to line up with 0,0 on the screen like it does in the ROF2a version of MQHUD.

Last edited:
Reactions: EQDAB
Changing the font size I'm not sure why you see that. Do you have UseFontSize=on in your ini? For the type, you would really want 1 (normal), 2 (fullscreen), or 3 (both), but that's why I'm asking about UseFontSize, i.e.:

Code:
[MQ2HUD] 
Last=Elements,Cursor,Player,Target,MQ2MMOBugs,MQ2NetBots,FrameLimiter
SkipParse=1 
CheckINI=10 
UpdateInBackground=on 
ClassHUD=on
ZoneHUD=on 
UseFontSize=on

[Elements]

The problem exists with the default hud.ini as well. What file do I check the hud mode?

I'm using ISBoxer and it would appear that I am starting in Windowed Mode. When I switch to full screen, the coordinates show up in the right spot, but in full screen mode, my viewport goes away and all the hud information is hard to see. The only thing I am changing is from the old ROF2a version to the new MQ-ROF2a version. Still using the same ISBoxer profile for both, only the HUD in old ROF2a version works the same in Windowed or Full Screen modes...

Last edited:
Since I don’t see the hud at the log in screen, I think it is the “underui” setting.

1704238033431.png
0,0 puts things in the yellow circle, within the View Port...
0,0 should put things closer to being within the red circle.

The old MQ2Hud put things in the same location, regardless of being in Windowed mode or not. How do I duplicate that in the new one? The only thing that changes is the old MQ2 to the MQNext version.

Below is where things should show up, just outside the viewport, but I can't seem to get it there.

1704238627831.png

If it helps, here are the VideoMode settings from the eqclient.ini file:
VideoMode=0
1704245482509.png

What needs to be done so that it establishes 0,0 based on the actual screen resolution? 0,0 should be the same, regardless if the game is in windowed or full screen mode, right? This is the only thing holding me back at the moment from using the new version...

I tried playing around with the viewport, and no matter how I change it, the problem remains. All the hud text is offset within the viewport. The desired settings for the viewport are on a 2560x1440 screen and the viewport setting is /viewport 320 0 1920 1080.

UNLESS, I do a /viewport reset, which results in the viewport filling the entire screen with all my windows and buttons over the top, but the hud text goes to the actual coordinates on the screen where they belong. Somehow, they are linked to display within the viewport.

Any news? I still haven't been able to resolve the misaligned coordinates.

/hudmode always reports "That is not a valid command. Please use /help."

So I used /hud always, and it changed the setting. Unfortunately, other than that, nothing changes in regards to the location on the screen where the hud text is showing up. 0,0 is showing up closer to 200,200...

The text circled in red is an indicator of the direction my target is in, relavent to my facing. Not sure why that ends up there where it should be, but the rest does not.

Also, how do I get rid of the "Sys Mem: ..." and "EQ Mem: ..." text?
1704930253890.png

Any other ideas about getting the coordinates to line up? The only difference is the version of MQ2...