Safe Passage - Pet Pulling

Still worked for me in the last week.

Did it 5 mins ago, it worked but pet was sticking to him harder than the times I have done it previously. I have a mage but went with necro pet as I have more flexibility with him and feigned him and summoned him to get him off the Colonel. He was still on hate list when I unfeigned him and I was able to get better control.

anyway, first time tried was a success so it still works.

With mage, use the air pet... buff him up as well as you can... cast either ranger/druid soe on him, or mage velocity, and then yo-yo him back and forth on the colonel until the pet casts. You want the pet to cast his stun on the colonel rather than run up to him and whack him.... that way there's already a separation and you don't have to worry about your pet dieing.

Make sure pet is on hold too, so when you back the pet off with velocity or soe he sticks with you rather than getting outrun and dieing to the colonel.

Worked 4 days ago for me too using necro pet. Flagged a few guildies who'd returned to game. Had to occasionally send pet back in to keep him moving, but a couple of hits and a /pet hold was all it needed.

i did it once using a 77 bst's pet worked perfect long as you can control the pet

I've tried this twice tonight. Can get to Kith fine, but can't get the "scouting" locs to update no matter what I do. Lev'd, not Lev'd, no pets, no auras, only myself in zone...nothing works.

Tried skipping those steps and dragging Colonel Thalen to the end point results in a "success" (can hail him and Commander Barvian), but can't actually complete the mission (will tell you to say "ready" to port out, but won't actually port you).

Any ideas?

Took me forever to actually find the points the first time... keep trying until you get all of them.

locs

The scout locs have never been an issue for me at all. Is it all the locs that won't update or are you just having trouble with one of them?
I have never been lev'ed getting those upates, and size of the toon does not matter, like some of the other locs in SoD.

First update is straight out from zone to commonlands, its between the two houses on the road.

Second update is in the small walled camp southwest of the first update, also near the road. There are obliteration guys in it, but they won't agro.

Third update is near a house with a bunch of obliteration folks infront of it, further southwest from zone in. This one is the hardest to explain, since its not actually on or near the road, but due west of it. Where the road makes its last turn south, towards the house at the lake, head due west. The update is somewhere along that line between the bend in the road and the house out in the forest. I've gotten this update 4 or 5 different places.

If you're having problems with the updates, a trick i use is to stand more or less where you know the update should come, and run in small circles widening the diameter as you run.

Lag might also be a factor in getting the updates, using more than one toon could help. Have one on follow as you run to get updates has worked for me before.

All of the locs are an issue. I literally spent hours trying the general areas around the different locs posted, then taskadded a friend that had done it before and had him try. When he couldn't find them, I pulled the Colonel out and kited him for 20 minutes while he tried some more. When that didn't work, I got a new task and started over (under the theory I had inadvertantly bugged the mission), still no loc updates.

[ame="http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showpost.php?p=105826&postcount=32"]Map with circles showing the spots[/ame] right on the first page of this thread. It can't be that hard to find em and get the updates.

I've had issues getting the updates with smaller races, levi will fix that, but whenever i have to many issues i just bust out the troll and i get em every time.

once in kithicor i prefer kill all guiy at first 2 house and pull right away personal preference )

i thought i had an issue one night....

but then i opened up the quest... and realized i did not hail the col before zoning.

i got a new quest.. and easy peazy :cool:

my point.... check your quest and make sure your at the right step

ARMY

ive had the same problem as chuckles twice.. i had to zone out and re accomplish the mission.. its a bug in the mission

I knew where the locs were, the issue was that even though I was directly on the locs provided, the task would not update.

Third time through it worked. This time, after I faded at the end of the Commonlands section, before I hailed the Colonel I told him "Go" to trigger the refugees to start moving. Then I hailed, said "Scout", and I was able to get the loc updates.

So the issue is that if you don't say "go" in the Commonlands, even though it will update the task to indicate you successfully protected the refugees, something behind the scenes isn't triggered (not sure if I missed that in this thread and elsewhere, or if it's changed).

Took me forever to actually find the points the first time... keep trying until you get all of them.

I spent 20 minutes running around with no update. Finally gave up in frustration. The locs someone gave earlier in this thread are not accurate.

Thanks, that helped. Safe Passage is, thankfully, done.

Just did this a few moments ago. No issues pet pulling the mission with a necromancer. At this point, I don't anticipate this event being "fixed."

pet pulling is the only way ive heard of this being done i have not met a group of people that have successfully done this mission the correct way. its to much a pain in the ass