Safe Passage - Pet Pulling

Alexandra

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Since there has been several questions about Safe Passage in the shout box. I thought I'd post what I did to win the mission (however I don't know if pet pull still works, pray it does if you box). Thanks to all those that helped me! ;)

1. Enter mission and proceed to EC tunnel and kill the four obileration mobs as specified by the quest - You will get an update when 4th mob is killed

2. Make a pet, (you really need the pet aa's I've found). I used an SK, but necro definately can be used too, possibly other pet classes.
Do not hail Colonel Thalan! Use your pet to aggro and run him to the other side of zone to the Kithicor zoneline (Be careful not to lose aggro, you'll have to go find him again this is where MQ is extremely helpful) BTW, I did not clear anything, I tried to avoid Kodiaks with the map, however if you get aggro they don't hit hard.

3. Upon reaching Kithicor zoneline you should get an update, this is really all you need, I found I had to kind of run him around the Kith zoneline to get this sometimes

4. I FD'd (not sure if you need to) and had another toon there to hail him to get other upates and used them to say the key word he indicates, it's scout, ready or something else (he'll tell you what to say upon hailing)

5. Upon the right key word you get ported to Kith, update the quest by moving straight out from the zone and then do the other two updates to the SW as indicated.

6. Use pet again to aggro him and pull him (Colonel) to the Army of Light fortress...you may get aggro, just keep running until he gets there to get the update, again I FD once I got the update and had another toon hail

7. You win unless of course unless they fixed the quest so you can't pet pull

Last Thing - I kept getting the 10 and 5 minute warning like I lost, but just ignore this and continue.

Good Luck...

I did it using a chanter doing the pet pull and a mage to coh him to lose agro.

Once you get the update in commonlands, I found you had to hail him twice, once to get the update to start the refugees moving and then again to get him to the scout portion so the task would update properly to the kithicor portion. Might not be truly needed.

Just did the same mage/chanter thing again in kith.

I cleared the two houses right by the zone in, but don't know if that's really necessary using this method as long as he's only agro on the pet.

Since there has been several questions about Safe Passage in the shout box. I thought I'd post what I did to win the mission (however I don't know if pet pull still works, pray it does if you box). Thanks to all those that helped me! ;)

1. Enter mission and proceed to EC tunnel and kill the four obileration mobs as specified by the quest - You will get an update when 4th mob is killed

2. Make a pet, (you really need the pet aa's I've found). I used an SK, but necro definately can be used too, possibly other pet classes.
Do not hail Colonel Thalan! Use your pet to aggro and run him to the other side of zone to the Kithicor zoneline (Be careful not to lose aggro, you'll have to go find him again this is where MQ is extremely helpful) BTW, I did not clear anything, I tried to avoid Kodiaks with the map, however if you get aggro they don't hit hard.

3. Upon reaching Kithicor zoneline you should get an update, this is really all you need, I found I had to kind of run him around the Kith zoneline to get this sometimes

4. I FD'd (not sure if you need to) and had another toon there to hail him to get other upates and used them to say the key word he indicates, it's scout, ready or something else (he'll tell you what to say upon hailing)

5. Upon the right key word you get ported to Kith, update the quest by moving straight out from the zone and then do the other two updates to the SW as indicated.

6. Use pet again to aggro him and pull him (Colonel) to the Army of Light fortress...you may get aggro, just keep running until he gets there to get the update, again I FD once I got the update and had another toon hail

7. You win unless of course unless they fixed the quest so you can't pet pull

Last Thing - I kept getting the 10 and 5 minute warning like I lost, but just ignore this and continue.

Good Luck...

pet pulling required because you cannot attack him with a regular PC? because if regular PC can attack him can /fade to lose aggro on non-FD type characters (zones you out and right back in where you were standing)

For a while there this was the only way to do it once you zoned into Kithicor, because for some reason the stupid refugees would not zone from Old Commonlands. As soon as you hailed the main man to get it started you got the 10 minute warning. Pet pull for the win for sure, way quicker.

ok got the commonlands mission down easy takes me less than 10 mins

having trouble with kithicor part..
Can someone post how they did the Kithicor part?
Do you hail him and say moving? or do you just pet pull him right away?

I tried pet pulling him right away to the Vahlen camp and started spam hailing him but all he says is the it looks like there are some of the dark elves and their friends in our way...blah blah blah
No update or anything

So i assume i have to hail and say move before i pet pull?

I also tried hailing and saying moving and pet pulling him to vahlen camp then when i started hailing him he said we are almost there or some crap like that
Is there a timer on him when you do it this way?

I'm looking for details on how people have done this with pet pull and won

Thanks

Do not bother hailing before pet pulling, and you know how everyone says the 4 hut camp isn't the place to drag him to... well they're fucking wrong. Drag him through the T camp but then start bringing him down towards the 4 hut camp.. somewhere on that route you'll get the update and you can hail with another character, get your update and say ready and you're gtg

ok got the commonlands mission down easy takes me less than 10 mins

having trouble with kithicor part..
Can someone post how they did the Kithicor part?
Do you hail him and say moving? or do you just pet pull him right away?

I tried pet pulling him right away to the Vahlen camp and started spam hailing him but all he says is the it looks like there are some of the dark elves and their friends in our way...blah blah blah
No update or anything

So i assume i have to hail and say move before i pet pull?

I also tried hailing and saying moving and pet pulling him to vahlen camp then when i started hailing him he said we are almost there or some crap like that
Is there a timer on him when you do it this way?

I'm looking for details on how people have done this with pet pull and won

Thanks

You have to do the updates of scouting to the SW, there are 2, (do not hail)then you can pet pull him to the fortress which is really the largest concentration of army of light (it's west and southish, I ran him SW) after you get an update again, you can hail, I would make sure you clear aggro first.

Ive tried doing this quest a few times. I pet kite him to kith zone in and get update np. However in Kithicor I am stuck on

'Let Colonel Thalan know when you're ready to move on' I cannot seem to get the updates from the three locs southwest of the zone in.

I even tried skipping that part and then just pet kitting him to the light camp. This worked and i got the final update of 'Speak to Commander Barvian'. However the task would complete becuase i am missing four updates.
- let Colonel know when ur ready to move
- three update locs.

Do i need to kill some oblivion mobs in kith in order to get an update?

Thanks.

'Let Colonel Thalan know when you're ready to move on' I cannot seem to get the updates from the three locs southwest of the zone in.

[ame="http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showpost.php?p=105826&postcount=32"]EvilGamer Forums - View Single Post - Safe passage[/ame]

Ive tried doing this quest a few times. I pet kite him to kith zone in and get update np. However in Kithicor I am stuck on

I even tried skipping that part and then just pet kitting him to the light camp. This worked and i got the final update of 'Speak to Commander Barvian'. However the task would complete becuase i am missing four updates.
- let Colonel know when ur ready to move
- three update locs.

Do i need to kill some oblivion mobs in kith in order to get an update?

Thanks.

Let Colonel Thalan know when you're ready to move on 0/1 (Old Commonlands) -- This is updated by hailing Thalen in OC before saying scout to port to Kithcor. Just have someone other then your pet puller do this while your FD waiting for aggro to clear

Clear a way into the forest ahead 0/1 (Bloody Kithicor) - (600, -2555)
Scout the path to the southwest 0/1 (Bloody Kithicor) - (200, -1900)
Scout the path to the southwest 0/1 (Bloody Kithicor) - (-425, -1700)

The above three steps update as you scout the forest. The first as you walk a little ways in(Its right in the middle of a bunch of obliteration guys). The second as you move southwest(at a house with obliteration), and the third as you move even further southwest(Its a stump that looks like a little tent).

The locs are labels on my mapfile at home, so pulled these off Alla's.

Get the scout updates before even starting to pull Thalen across Kithcor.

from what i heard,pet pulling no longer works now.

Thanks for posting the thread with the maps. That helped.

still working
did this quest about 6 hours ago

Did this quest last night with a few friends, used a mage with memblur pet aa. Worked just fine, although the mage had to run Colonel around a while around the kith zone line to get update, for /say scout to work and port us into kith. I ran out and got the scouting updates. Got to camp and a damn grizzly ate me. But it worked out fine cause mage was able to finish without me hailing. So I zoned to lobby and waited for him to do final hail.

Notatank

Sadly after failing through a three hour legitamate attempt, the pet pull strategy was the only way to get this ridiculous mission done = P

Sadly after failing through a three hour legitamate attempt, the pet pull strategy was the only way to get this ridiculous mission done = P

well don't feel bad everyone is using the pet pull method now, good to hear you got it done ;)

well don't feel bad everyone is using the pet pull method now, good to hear you got it done ;)

Heard it was fixed so the pet pull strat didn't work anymore... anyone verify one way or another?