Rog vs. Berz

Brano11

I am omg awesome!
Reaction score
Heyas all! Here is what I have, my rogue is using tower weapons ( lifeshriek and hext shredders) he is 38k / 5400 ac unbuffed with 2888 AA.

Everytime I group I have a rogue / bard / pal / cleric / sham and right now with my rogue I have in that group 2 rogues. What im wanting to know is if selling my rogue and finding a zerk of equal gear / aa if it would be better for the group and how it would compare to dps as my rogue does now.

Basicly what im thinking of doing is selling rogue and then getting a equal gear / aa zerker to MAYBE put in the group, but at first I would like to know how they stack up to rogues in groups as I have never played one before.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I dont know how the current stack is, but rogs have always been more dps for me IF they are behind the mob...however zerker aura is nice if your group is mostly melee would help pally and bard and rog dps no?

Zerker DPS is kinda hurting a bit at the moment on the group game. Zerkers eat through endurance ATM worse than any other melee. However, the Zerker aura and Cry Havoc, as well as War Cry will give your entire group a boost, which would probably make up for the DPS difference, and -possibly- gain you a little DPS overall. Is it worth all the trouble your talking about? Probably not.

Last edited:
Eh no, Zerkers can do ok sustained DPS, rogues are going to be a little better. Like Zdoz said though, Zerkers have some group buffing tools that can almost keep it balanced.....

HOWEVER

In the end rogues are going to dominate in DPS because Zerkers will have to sit every 15-20 minutes, which is a lot of lost DPS. If you don't see Zerkers running ooe its because they aren't using their discs properly =p

My little zerker sustains around 3000-3500 dps with a shaman in group. He is kind of higher end though.

quite frankly im dissappointed somewhat w/ my zerker....he's full RR geared + raid mm 2hs (151dmg w/ aug) and only parses a constant 2500...w/ discs and aa's he can sustain roughly 3k. he has 1100 aa's and im decent at playing him.

my rogue on hte other hand...half RR gear and some other crap...also he only has 400 aa's....parses 2700 w/ spikes upto 4k using poisons.

also to note...seems rogues are always top on our parsers....

personally im thinking of using my rogue more often than zerker now...

i wouldnt go sellin that rogue if u know whats good for ya 8P

Personally I think if they both have tower weapons the zerker may pull a head overall. Rogues as of late have been sort of jewed over by the GMs. Zerkers have more discs providing high DPS over a longer period of time. In a group OR raid I would say zerker unless its a 30 sec -1 min burn fight.

GM's have jewed over rogues? Are you sure you're playin the same game I do? :p

Personally I think if they both have tower weapons the zerker may pull a head overall. Rogues as of late have been sort of jewed over by the GMs. Zerkers have more discs providing high DPS over a longer period of time. In a group OR raid I would say zerker unless its a 30 sec -1 min burn fight.

Rogues are going to outdps zerkers in every situation period, given its the same ish gear.

On the other side of this coin, I run with pretty much the exact same group setup, only instead of 2 rogues I use 1 rogue/1 berserker. Assuming I could raid gear both, would it be worth dropping the berserker and adding a second rogue?

On the other side of this coin, I run with pretty much the exact same group setup, only instead of 2 rogues I use 1 rogue/1 berserker. Assuming I could raid gear both, would it be worth dropping the berserker and adding a second rogue?

No

Rofl, thank you for the succint and to the point answer (seriously).

If you want to pick up dps, sell the rogue and buy a wizard. Stop pussyfootn around. ;)

If you want to pick up dps, sell the rogue and buy a wizard. Stop pussyfootn around. ;)

I did have a wizzy with mac dps aa and on macro wouldn't push past 3k dps unless the crits got lucky. On macros my 2 rogues do 5k or more constantly and my berserker does 4.5k or more constantly. On burns my bers got up to 20k and both rogues 16k and 17k respectively. So I'm not worried about dps anymore heh.

There is no way in hell your berserker is out sustaining your wizard if they have anywhere near the same level of gear.

There is no way in hail your zerker is sustaining 4.5k dps period =p.

Oh and no berserker is going to hit near 20k dps without shaman/bard buffs/epic clicks. And with that, the Rogues, if near the same gear as the berserker, will out burn the Zerker, thats not even debated.

Last edited:
Haha demon your sire are funny. Yes my wizzy did have lower gear then the zerk and my rogues but his dos still sucked on a macro that I had people make for me.

And yes my zerk does sustain 4.5k and my rogues 5k+. And yes he did reach 20k on a burn whether you wanna believe it or not. You weren't there so you wouldn't know!

And yes I do box a bard shaman 2 rogues zerk pally chanter Mage and cleric. So yes I can reach those burns just FYI.

Oh and yes the zerk did beat the rogues on that burn. Did I say every burn, no I did not. I said on that burn.

Last edited:
haha, some of you crack me up... i am a high end zerker and i top the parse on full burns, with the occasion of a wizzy, on certain fights. And no, im not playing with gimp people, trust me... i hit around 20kdps on burns, when the highest ive seen out of equally geared rogues is 17kish. You people obviously have never seen a really good zerker, and i can sustain 4k with my eyes closed.

necro normally over 20k in my guild :/ i couldnt beat him :/

So see I wasn't pulling shit outta my ass when I said my zerk can do 20k burns!

And my zerk has over 4k aa fully tower geared and has a weapon better then any in tower!

Last edited:
my impression of rogue vs zerker and i have 2 grpd geared ones

zerker needs all his discs up (hate the timers) a glyph aa ready to go, and ideal conditions (ie other classes helping him increase dps)

rogue not so needy for everything to fall in line for big numbers

i invested time in both toons not to diss one or the other, 3k AA a piece

in the end zerker was not doing enough sustained dps w comparable grp geared toons to justify him in grp.

Im sure if it was a raid zerker w better than grp weapon from convort and neccessary buffs maybe ideal grp make up ( as well as aas from other toons) the zerker would be great for that one burn when every disc is ready

but for us avg players, it seems harder to justify keeping a zerker around

Id go zerker to replace rogue only if you can get a UF weapon for him. If not then no tower weapon suscks balls for group sustained dps. With UF weapon, tower focus's you will do 4.5k + sustained easily.

Oh and a max AAed zerker does not run ooe in groups so you people saying they burn endurance you're wrong and need to stop using Vigorous axe throw and shared bloodlust because devs have said them 2 abilitys are not ment to be spammed and to begin with both SUCK ass and dont add crap for dps so why waste the endurance ?

Oh 2 :) A max AA wizard with macros chaining wildmagic and chaos combustion will only sustain 4k dps BUT if you got the gear you can change the spells to one of the 2 big fire ones and bring that sustained to 5.5 + with the first setup the wizard wont ever run oom but with the 2nd if you pull fast and often he will run oom.

Last edited: