Release ROF2 Emu Release Support for Newer MQ2 Scripting Language Features

rlane187

Reaction score
I have a script that is written for Live. From a plugin standpoint, it is fully supported by your ROF2 Emu build. It runs fine with the other sites MQ2 build. However, it appears to take advantage of changes to the scripting language (#warning, #bind, /break) that are included in their emu releases and not in yours.

Are there any plans to bring the scripting engine up to date with Live on your Emu releases?

Are there plugins I can install that will close the gap on this?

I understand that in a world of unlimited wants and limited resources that this may not even be on your radar.

We've kept our MQ2 core version mostly the same as when that version of eqgame.exe was released.

A lot of changes have happened to MQ2 since that were not backwards compatible, and kept breaking plugins. I don't think we have any plans to update to the latest version of MQ2 for emu builds due to this. The main downfall is that it would break all old macros like devestators class, which are pretty amazing for emu servers.

I get it. The technical debt accrued by not maintaining compatibility as you went means the cost is unrealistic at this point. I will look at what I can do to refactor the script to use what you have available.