Return home...

echo

Reaction score
Not looking for free access, but is the Return home button client-side? Just had a buddy (same town, different isp) /q so that I could get a few things and he could get on his way... When I logged on, I was given the option to return home on a toon that was in-game just a few minutes earlier... I know some of you folks can make better sense of the possibilities, I was just excited that I might have stumbled onto a free Gate for those toons that normally would have to find other means to exit a zone... :)

Return Home Button on Character Menu

If not mistaken the RETUN HOME button has been there since DOD and stays on unless You use then it comes back on in 6hrs.

Return home on char select

Actually the only time the button comes active is when you have been off of that certain character for a certain period of time.. think 4-6 hours. once logged on the button comes deactive.. so he might have come up on something

Correct, return home is disabled (timered) so that when you log out normally, you can not use it again for 6 hours, on that toon.

However you can use it on other toons on that account, and you can be on other toons on that account while the original toon timer resets.

So the question here is did /q reset the timer or not? Did the fact that he logged in from another machine have anything to do with it?

Could be another option to getting to an area quicker than piggyzoning. Do an insta-camp and then return to home zone directly from Dragon Necropolis or way out in BFE if needed.

Ok, I just tried it out, heres what I got.
Char. 1 RH- active
Char. 2 RH- deactive
Char. 3 RH- deactive

I looged on Char. 1, did a /q ,waited 30 seconds or so at server select, then selected my server, and low an behold, Char. 2 & 3 are now active to return home.
Weird

Hahaha... actually, your bind spot isn't necessarily your hometown =P

This could have it's uses. But doing /q is going to give a decent lockout time where it'd probably be quicker just to /gate then piggyzone, or regular piggyzone without /gate unless you zone really really slow and have to piggy many zones away.

Try and test it with /icamp instead of /quit, see if it gives the same result