Question About Upcoming Feb 6th Patch

lightenuf

Reaction score
right now im useing a macro to xp and stuff but it only works with the old verison of compiled 1-25 or somthing it doesnt work with latest anyway when 6th patch comes what should i do just use same things?

It depends on which macro you're using (Screwloose?) and which plugins/cracks it uses. If those are included in the compile released after the Feb. 6 patch, you should be fine. If a new eqgame.exe is pushed with the patch (which it probably will be), you most likely won't be able to use an older compile (from before the patch).

You'll need to wait for the new compile of MQ2, but your old macros should all work just the same once it's out.

But it only works with older macroquest what happens if it wont work with new one after patch what can i do

Which macro do you have that you think only works with a certain MQ2.

With the exception of really old stuff (EMU and the like), macros are fairly constant as far as patches go. It's rare for something to change and break them.

For whatever reason, the Screwloose macro only seems to work with the 1/19/08 compile. It may be related to the /cast item function.

only reason Macros stop working are if major changes happen to the stock MQ2. If it stopped working with compiles after XXX date go over to www.macroquest2.com and check the Announcement thread and see what was changed around that time so you can update your macro for it.

But it only works with older macroquest what happens if it wont work with new one after patch what can i do

Your "macro" for xp has nothing to do with mq2 versions. So I'm going to go ahead and assume you're using a plugin.

You using it for xp as a plugin only leaves me with one guess.

Your ghostkill plugin will be broken after the patch, garaunteed. There is nothing you can do about it unless you know how to do some nifty coding. It being fixed by whoever gave it to you, well, is a different story.

So, to answer what happens? I guess you won't be getting any experience if its broken.

With more information this can be solved better, such as what macro and whatnot. But if it is indeed the Screwlose macro, the reason it doesn't work with newer versions of MQ is that the way MQ does casting has changed. It used to call the item directly, as opposed to doing what any player would do, which is to right click it. Now, it does the latter. You can easily change MQ to use the old functions still, but you need to be able to compile your own MQ for that to happen...

why not just update the macro to use new casting style?

One of the important features of the screwloose macro that's posted on this site here

http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/everq...s/8563-sof-spell-merchant-faction-rk-2-a.html

is that it casts the item at a safe point where you ordinarily would NOT be able to cast it. If the macro were updated to use the current item casting system, would this still be possible? If not, we might as well do the quest with our own two hands like good boys and girls. :rolleyes:

Your "macro" for xp has nothing to do with mq2 versions. So I'm going to go ahead and assume you're using a plugin.

You using it for xp as a plugin only leaves me with one guess.

Your ghostkill plugin will be broken after the patch, garaunteed. There is nothing you can do about it unless you know how to do some nifty coding. It being fixed by whoever gave it to you, well, is a different story.

So, to answer what happens? I guess you won't be getting any experience if its broken.
Know what happens when you ASSume? Good. There is nothing in the plugin that you mention that was broken with the latest version of MQ. However, the screwloose was broken.

That being said, down boy!

whats ghostkill plugin i never said anything about that i just said i use a macro if you read carefullyy

It's just a crusade against ghosting. If someone has something that gets XP, it's automatically assumed that your ghosting.

/sarcasm on
Because that's the only way to do anything
/sarcasm off

the way the casting is being done with the screwloose macro the reason it was fixed/changed is it can easily be tracked and puts your account at risk. Dont like it go bitch at ieatacid but i can pretty much tell you what he is going to say.

Getting it back on track...

If it is indeed the casting portion of the macro if the mechanics aren't broken so to speak the code can probably be changed (open the macro in notepad) to make it work again. If you give us more info as to what the issue IS or the snippet of the macro that it's erroring out on, it can probably be corrected.

If it is indeed the casting portion of the macro if the mechanics aren't broken so to speak the code can probably be changed (open the macro in notepad) to make it work again. If you give us more info as to what the issue IS or the snippet of the macro that it's erroring out on, it can probably be corrected.

After I made the comment to update the macro I found out you can not. The way the macro works requires the unsecure casting method that was in MQ2 before they patched it.

The Macro I use is LooseScrew Macro it works with 1/19/08 MQ2 compile from here

The macro doesnt work with any other verison here it is

#Event Update "Your task 'Screw Loose' has been updated."
#Event Reward "You have successfully been granted your reward for: Screw Loose"
Sub Main
/declare sl int outer ${Param0}
/declare turnin string outer
/declare mytarget string outer
/declare checkt int outer
/declare times int outer
/declare Itemset int outer
/declare t int outer
/declare slt int outer
/declare repeatit int outer
/declare Updatecnt int outer
/declare got_reward bool outer false
/call Screwloose
/return
Sub Screwloose
/for slt 1 to ${sl}
/echo round ${slt} of ${sl}
/target Tabazin
/say Screw
:waitA
/if (!${Cursor.ID}) {
/delay 1s
/goto :waitA
}
/autoinv
/call Repeatit
/call turnin
/next slt
/call end
/return
Sub Repeatit
/varset Updatecnt 0
/varset repeatit 10
/warp loc 1883 -1180.5 405.5
/delay 2s
:looptime
/for t 1 to ${repeatit}
/Cast Item "Sonic Screwdriver"
:waitB
/if (!${Cursor.ID}) {
/delay 1s
/goto :waitB
}
/autoinv
/next t
/if (${FindItemCount[Support Bolt]}<10) {
/varcalc repeatit 10-${FindItemCount[Support Bolt]}
/goto :looptime
}
/return
Sub turnin
/varset turnin "Support Bolt"
/varset mytarget Tabazin
/varset Itemset 2
/varset times 4
/warp loc 85 -1482 373.5
:itemloop
/delay 1s
/target ${mytarget}
/face nolook
/for t 1 to ${times}
/nomodkey /ctrl /itemnotify ${FindItem[${turnin}].InvSlot} leftmouseup
/click left target
/delay 1s
/next t
/nomodkey /notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup
/delay 2s
/doEvents Update
/varcalc Itemset ${Itemset}-1
/if (${Itemset}>0) /goto :itemloop
/if (${Itemset}==0) {
/varset times 2
/goto :itemloop
}
/if (${Updatecnt}<20) {
/varcalc times ${FindItemCount[Support Bolt]}
/goto :itemloop
}
/nomodkey /ctrl /itemnotify ${FindItem[sonic].InvSlot} leftmouseup
/click left target
/delay 1s
/nomodkey /notify GiveWnd GVW_Give_Button leftmouseup
/delay 1s
/doEvents Update
/varset got_reward false
:RewardLoop
/reward 1
/delay 1s
/doEvents Reward
/if (!${got_reward}) {
/delay 2s
/goto :RewardLoop
}
/return
Sub Event_Update
/varcalc Updatecnt ${Updatecnt}+1
/return
Sub Event_Reward
/varset got_reward true
/return
Sub End
/endmacro
/return

was already stated why that macro does not work with new compiles. so no reason to post the macro its broken and using it put your account at risk more so then normal