Question about plugins for different characters.

nytemyst72

Reaction score
I know it is probably dumb but going to ask anyway. Is it possible to have different plugins loaded for different toons? For example I play one toon mostly tank..pull....and play him manually while the other are mostly auto..with eqbc and bot. I don't use hardly any plugins on the others except maybe a docrack or two and autotrade. I am always trying to load the least things possible lol I know it is weird. Usually what I have loaded on the main toon the others get also. I have separate everquest folders so I can have different settings on the alts like old models bla bla and have the good stuff loaded on just my main. I am a few fries short of a happy meal but I cant see doing that with mmo folder and it working ...thanks.

You can have different plugins loaded but you have to do a little extra work to make that happen.

Create a macro that you run which loads/unloads the plugins for your main.

You could get fancy and put that in one of the *.cfg files which get run when your character hits the zone.

Code:
/sub main 

/if (${Me.Name.Equal[MAIN]}) {
    /plugin XYZ
    /plugin ABC
} 

/if (${Me.Name.NotEqual[MAIN]}) {
    /plugin XYZ unload
    /plugin ABC unload
} 

/return

Our build also has server_char.cfg support. Also, add noauto so it doesn't update macroquest.ini, e g.:

/plugin mq2bot noauto

sweet thanks...will have to play around and see if I can get what I want loaded and unloaded. Glad it can be done though. That will satisfy my brain.