question about account transfers

sirus

Reaction score
I'v bee looking at a few different toons that id like to buy, and often in the past iv heard people refer to moving the toon you buy to a "fresh" account. now i was reading the terms and conditions for transfering accounts for toons.. and SOE was saying that u ahve to have identical billing.. so if i was to buy a toon from someone else, is it real hard to get that toon transfered to one of my accounts? or would the credit card information just need to match? if this is an easy thing to do id realy say the 50 bucks is money well spent just so the account is mine without contest - but if its guna a problem to transfer it, im thinking about just settling for a server transfer and hoping for the best :) any info would be much appreciated, and i apologize if theres already been a thread o the topic - i was unable to find one -- THANKS!

both accounts need the same name on the account. so if your old account is registered to John Doe, your new account also needs to be registered to John Doe. The CC can be charged to whomever when you do the transfer and the b-day and emails can be different. I change the zipcode to match on both accounts, but I'm told that isnt needed either.

You can setup a new station with the same First and Last name, enter on both accounts the same zip code, attach the same email and use the same cc on both accounts. Voilà instant works

thanks

thats what i needed to know , thank ya

Is this something that has changed in the past few months? I tried doing something similar back in May and couldn't do it. Was trying to transfer a character between two accounts that are mine now but once both belonged to a RL friend, both had identical name / address / bd etc... It's just one I had been paying for with my CC the other had not been active since the last time he paid. I paid for one month with my CC and tried the instant transfer and it failed. When I sent a petition trying to find out why they told me it had to have teh same billing info for the last 2 billing cycles.

Thats the reason I've gone to using game cards on all of my accounts.

That's odd. Just yesterday I transferred a character off a bought account. I did exactly this:

Got login info.
Wrote down name and zip under account info.
Cancelled current subscription, entered in my own CC so it was on file on the new account.
Created new station account.
Random DoB and other information EXCEPT first and last name and zip code (that was under account info, not billing).
Purchased game under digital download, same card info was now on file under newly created account.
Once both accounts were active, I logged in character services on host account.
Followed steps for character transfer for different server and account.
Used same CC for this charge as well.
Order processed and whole deal completed in less than 10 minutes.

I just did this same process to a Steam created account, where EQ was bought on Steam and activated outside of SoE. Then used a game card originally to activate the account, giving me 60 days total play time. No billing history whatsoever on this account. Was able to transfer to this account as well.

Well it makes sense if your transferring to a new account since it techically does not have any billing cycles completed yet even if a credit card is on file. I wasn't even thinking about that, so as long as your transferring to a new account the name probably is the only thing that matters.