Project 1999 question

eViL_nEcRo_01

Reaction score
is there a way to turn maps on in every zone with these compiles?

i was hoping that it would work, but its not : /

something else i could do ?

any info is appreciated.

BUMP!!

I was JUST coming to post this question. In certain zones, the map will open and work. In certain zones, it opens but wont show a map (for instance Butcher), and in certain zones, it wont open the map at all.

Is there ANY way of forcing the map to open and to function? Perhaps using MQ2 to force press the map button on the UI? I thought there was a docrack offset to allow the use of maps in certain zones in EQLive.. I'm hoping there's some way to do it here too!

Hard to make use of the MQ2 map capabilities when your map doesn't open :(

BUMP!!

I was JUST coming to post this question. In certain zones, the map will open and work. In certain zones, it opens but wont show a map (for instance Butcher), and in certain zones, it wont open the map at all.

Is there ANY way of forcing the map to open and to function? Perhaps using MQ2 to force press the map button on the UI? I thought there was a docrack offset to allow the use of maps in certain zones in EQLive.. I'm hoping there's some way to do it here too!

This should work for the 10/31/05 (11/01/05) Titanium client. Give it a shot.

Code:
#define PKT_DISABLE_MAP      0x2DFC
#define CEverQuest__HandleWorldMessage  0x45B8F0

#include "../MQ2Plugin.h" 
PreSetup("MQ2MapAll"); 
class HandleWorldMessage_hook 
{ 
public: 
   unsigned char HandleWorldMessage_trampoline(void *, unsigned int, void *, unsigned int); 
   unsigned char HandleWorldMessage_detour(void * eqaddr, unsigned int opcode, void * packet, unsigned int size) 
   { 
      if(opcode==PKT_DISABLE_MAP) return 0x01; 
      HandleWorldMessage_trampoline(eqaddr,opcode,packet,size); 
      return 0x01; 
   }; 
}; 
DETOUR_TRAMPOLINE_EMPTY(unsigned char HandleWorldMessage_hook::HandleWorldMessage_trampoline(void *,unsigned int,void *,unsigned int)); 
PLUGIN_API VOID InitializePlugin(VOID) 
{ 
   EzDetour(CEverQuest__HandleWorldMessage,HandleWorldMessage_hook::HandleWorldMessage_detour, 
      HandleWorldMessage_hook::HandleWorldMessage_trampoline); 
} 
PLUGIN_API VOID ShutdownPlugin(VOID) 
{ 
   RemoveDetour(CEverQuest__HandleWorldMessage); 
}

htw

Here it is compiled, if you wanna give it a shot.

htw

Attachments

• MQ2MapAll.dll
    110.5 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for the help htw. I tried compiling MQ2MapAll this morning with a few errors.

Error 2 error C3867: 'HandleWorldMessage_hook::HandleWorldMessage_detour': function call missing argument list; use '&HandleWorldMessage_hook::HandleWorldMessage_detour' to create a pointer to member c:\MQ2\MQ2MapAll\MQ2MapAll.cpp 21 MQ2MapAll

Error 3 error C3867: 'HandleWorldMessage_hook::HandleWorldMessage_trampoline': function call missing argument list; use '&HandleWorldMessage_hook::HandleWorldMessage_trampoline' to create a pointer to member c:\MQ2\MQ2MapAll\MQ2MapAll.cpp 21 MQ2MapAll

Any ideas? It's been awhile since compiling myself. I'm using MSVS 2008.. I get asked to convert files to this version, could that be messing something up?

Thanks,
Expmonk

You posted a compiled link before I finished typing the above question. Thanks again!

Loaded it up in-game, doesn't appear to have any effect. I'm assuming it should work passively?

Hitting the hotkey to open the map in most "non-city" zones still has no function. Butcherblock, which lets you open the map, is still completely blank even with the map files for the zone.

Darn, I was all excited :(

Which client are you using for the emulator? There are several out there.

htw

Ooo this could prove useful if a new .dll was posted or whatever... i know most of the 99 zones by heart but this shit could be useful once kunark/vel is released! Time to go back to my monthly sub lol

BUMP!!

Ok, so I just logged in on a couple other emu's using titanium client, and sure enough, maps work. SOE quit blocking maps sometime around mid 2005. However, project1999 is pre-kunark, so even though they use the titanium client (10/05), they must be using the function to block it. I'll create an account over there and see what I can do this weekend, see how they're blocking it.

htw

I know that when LoY came out, if your account did not have it purchased, the map function was blocked from most zones. I'd have to think this is similar. Is there a possibility that there is a check being done to see if LoY is enabled, then it disables map functions because we don't have it? I'd imagine they have it all set server-side for us to have the expansion disabled, which would be sent to our clients, thus disabling the maps on our side. Seems like there should be a way to disable the check since the mapping feature would have to be entirely client-side, or to force it to open perhaps. I noticed the map button itself is completely grayed out in the zones it wont work in, which would make it a different issue than simply having the offset crack to allow mapping in unmappable zones (GoD raid zones being an example I believe).

Maybe I'm completely wrong. Just speculating :)

I got on 1999, loaded plugin, and checked some of the zones, and I can get map fine in the restricted ones. Which zones in particular are you seeing this issue?

htw

Every non-city, restricted zone is still blocking use of map. For example Lavastorm, Sol A/B, Dragnors Cauldron, Unrest, MM Castle, Lfay, etc.

I'm using the Titanium EQ Client from the torrent link at P1999's website setup guide, with the MMOBugs for Titanium MQ2 compile uploaded by you htw.

MQ2 loads fine and all other plugins seem functional (save a few DoCracks making the client crash) - MQ2MapAll loads fine but doesn't make any change to being able to use the map in restricted areas. Also, I downloaded the pre-compiled .dll you posted rather than compiling the plugin myself.

Every non-city, restricted zone is still blocking use of map. For example Lavastorm, Sol A/B, Dragnors Cauldron, Unrest, MM Castle, Lfay, etc.

I'm using the Titanium EQ Client from the torrent link at P1999's website setup guide, with the MMOBugs for Titanium MQ2 compile uploaded by you htw.

MQ2 loads fine and all other plugins seem functional (save a few DoCracks making the client crash) - MQ2MapAll loads fine but doesn't make any change to being able to use the map in restricted areas. Also, I downloaded the pre-compiled .dll you posted rather than compiling the plugin myself.
Ok, ditch MQ2MapAll. I put it in docrack form, and verified it working in a few of the zones. If you find one it doesn't work (either map won't come up at all, or map window opens but it says map disabled in this zone), then let me know.

Use loader to update, and you'll see the new MQ2DoCrack.ini file.

While I was at it, I fixed ShowSpells docrack also.

htw

I also added MQ2Warp (you need to select & update MQ2Warp.dll and MQ2Warp.ini).

That'll add fade, gate, zone, warp, exactloc, zwarp, findpath, waypoint, ghost.

htw

Worked like a charm! Thank you htw!

Now I just need to dig up old mapfiles for pre-vamp areas :cool:

Any chance of Stealth working? Other than that everything else is great man awesome job!!!