Problem with /beep

hydroflame4

Reaction score
So I recently upgraded a few parts on my computer and reformatted/reinstalled my OS, and after getting everything completely set back up to how I like it, I realize that my /beep command no longer issues a system beep. Now, my system has a speaker, and it beeps on POST, so I know it can't be the hardware. Any ideas?

New motherboard: EVGA 790i FTW
Old motherboard: BFG 680i

Also, if I set triggers for MQ2Targets, they work fine, which I guess would be completely different since they are actual sound files. I am confused and don't really know what the deal is.

MQ2's /beep uses the Beep() function. This function is not supported on Windows Vista 64-bit, it is also not supported in Windows Server 2008 64bit, nor XP 64. I am not sure about vista 32 / server 2008 32, I would have to go check it out.

You can pass an argument to play a sound file with beep in MQ2, by passing it as an argument. For example: /beep mybeep.wav

That's pretty much your only option as currently implemented under certain operating systems.

I may consider looking at replacing Beep() with MessageBeep().

htw

Try this cause sometimes it does get disabled.

Goto Device Manager

Goto View --> Show hidden devices

Now goto Non-Plug and play Drivers --> You should see BEEP

Make sure it is enabled

if you ever wanted to get rid of the beeps just disable it

Try this cause sometimes it does get disabled.

Goto Device Manager

Goto View --> Show hidden devices

Now goto Non-Plug and play Drivers --> You should see BEEP

Make sure it is enabled

if you ever wanted to get rid of the beeps just disable it

While that's true in xp32 (and vista32 as posted above), and prob 2k at least, 2k3 server, etc... the 64 bit OS'es do not have it, is why I mentioned it. It is straight from Microsoft, that the system (speaker) beep is no longer included/supported.

htw