Porting through PoK on Progression

Mattp786

Reaction score
I want to be able to port through PoK on Progression server, I am able to on my compiles. I signed back up here for premium membership after many years of not playing because i wanted stuff yall had available.. But i have lost the ability to port through PoK on progression. Please help

I want to be able to port through PoK on Progression server, I am able to on my compiles. I signed back up here for premium membership after many years of not playing because i wanted stuff yall had available.. But i have lost the ability to port through PoK on progression. Please help
And you want to do this why?

Porting (I assume you mean 'piggy zoning') through PoK is a very good way to lose an account. Especially on the progression servers, where the GMs are watching like hawks for anything MQ

If there's another route to take why put your acct in jeopardy?

And you want to do this why?

Porting (I assume you mean 'piggy zoning') through PoK is a very good way to lose an account. Especially on the progression servers, where the GMs are watching like hawks for anything MQ

If there's another route to take why put your acct in jeopardy?

he makes a very valid point. They very well could have triggers for people who force zone into PoK like they do for Suncrest (guide home).

You have mq2 just whore a druid/wiz and use them

I gotta agree with these other guys. However, it's your toons:

Copy MQ2PiggyZone.ini and overwrite MQ2PiggyZoneF.ini and/or MQ2PiggyZoneV.ini with it, would be easiest. Otherwise, edit MQ2PiggyZoneF.ini or MQ2PiggyZoneV.ini (F=fippy, V=vulak), and add links for POK.

htw

htw,

Does this mean that your characters will no longer Piggyzone through PoK? I had this happen to me, and I quickly stopped /zone xxx.

Thank you for any clarification.

htw,

Does this mean that your characters will no longer Piggyzone through PoK? I had this happen to me, and I quickly stopped /zone xxx.

Thank you for any clarification.
That's correct. If you use the proper INI files available on our server (or your own which are configured properly), the links do not go through POK at any point. This would be for MQ2PiggyZoneF.ini and MQ2PiggyZoneV.ini.

You can always make sure, before you do the actual zone, by using findpath:

/findpath commonlands
(shows path, verify correct)
/zone commonlands
(starts chain zoning)

If the path is cached, you might want to clear your cache and let it start over, in case there are cached paths from a bad INI. Use: /zone clearcache

htw

Last edited:
Kind of unrelated but since on the topic of zone, how come we can't /zone misty? there is a misty stone in pok?

Is there a reason behind it or is it broken and the devs are just not aware? I noticed it yesterday when I tried to do it for that new quest.

Kind of unrelated but since on the topic of zone, how come we can't /zone misty? there is a misty stone in pok?

Is there a reason behind it or is it broken and the devs are just not aware? I noticed it yesterday when I tried to do it for that new quest.

Unless this is a progression thing, double check the short name. Can also use /connections to double check routes and get a better idea of where to look in INI.

It's on a normal server. I just checked it out and it's meant to be mistythicket not misty. Doing /zone mistythicket worked.

Ive been zoning through PoK since the begining of Progression Server, never anything. They will suspend at best if they catch it. Im not too worried at this point

Never know when sony will decide to check, though. Better to be safe than sorry.

My point was just that, given the TLP servers are under scrutiny, and every zone has an alternate route to it, if you're using piggy zone why insist on going through PoK? What does it matter if you take the long way around if you're not actually running?

Unless, as you said, you don't care about the safety. Then by all means save that 90 seconds.

After much chagrin, i bound at a translocater in OT, so I have access to both worlds without going through PoK.

I agree it's very risky behavior. I don't agree that GMs are watching the server like a hawk. There are entire groups & box armies warping all over the world. Boss mobs and gods are being stolen right out from under guilds using warping. The progression servers are as corrupt as they come.

If you want to see video of the offenders in action just check out the Fippy server forums (google it) and you will see lots of repeat blatant offenders. They're still at it too.