port opening

braedo

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have been working on this all nigh, and I am at my witt's end..

I am trying to get EQBC set up so that I can connect to my computer from an outside connection (EQBCS+ on android specifically, but I could use a laptop if need be) and for whatever reason I cannot get my port (2112) to show up as open.

1) I have disabled windows firewall.
2) I opened up my router page and did a port forwarding as follows:

Application | Protocol | WAN Port | LAN IP | LAN Port

EQBC | TCP | 2112 | 192.168.0.1 | 2112

am I doing something obviously wrong here? I do not have an antivirus on.

sorry for being dumb - I know there are other posts here, which I have read 25 times, and I still cannot figure out the problem.

Last edited:
Typically the .1 address of any subnet is the router. You should be forwarding to the LAN IP of the system you are running eqbcs on. E.g., click Start/Run and cmd.exe or Start/Search cmd, and run it as admin, and do: ipconfig
Whatever your local IP is on that subnet, you want to forward to that. E.g., if you see that your ethernet is 192.168.0.5, then on your router port forward config, set it to 192.168.0.5.

htw

so the ipV4 says 192.168.0.11, so I switched to that / rebooted the router and still no luck.

Make sure you don't have a firewall blocking it. Disable all firewalls. Most 3rd party FW leave windows firewall alone nowadays, so you want to check that too.

Just disable the one you use (whether kaspersky, norton, etc.), and check the windows one too: Winkey+R (or start/run), services.msc, scroll down to windows firewall and if it's on, turn it off for testing.

If 1 or both are blocking, then you want to add a rule to allow the incoming connections on that port.

Also, just making sure, you have mq2eqbcs listening on 192.168.0.11, or on all interfaces: 0.0.0.0

If it's listening on 127.0.0.1 it won't allow incoming connections on your lan interface.

htw

What HTW said, make sure your eqbcs is listening on the PC's actual IP (or 0.0.0.0). If it's listening on localhost it will not pick up any traffic the router is forwarding to it.
I have an Asus router and they provide a free dynamic DNS service. If you don't have that, dyndns.com offer it for a pay service (used to be free).
So you can just use a DNS name for access.

I like to use telnet to test for open ports.

From a mobile phone such as android, you can use the telnet client to check your listening on the port.

telnet mypc.dyndns.org 2112

If you get connection refused the communication is not being routed to and accepted by your eqbcs.exe server.
If you get a black screen, you're gtg.

Me and my buddy used to run monster missions and perma camp MEch Guardian back in the day using my internet-exposed eqbcs server. Was fun stuff :)

Last edited:
Ok, so I tried the general stuf, and I completely disabled windows fifirewall and turned off my anti virus. Still no open port.

I have a luxul. XBR-4400 router, which is overkill but it was in the house when we bought it.

It seems like there should be no problems, since the port forwarding option is pretty simple.

So a dynamic dns service would.work in place of an open port?

I am going to call luxul service this morning and if I can't get them to help I will have to look more into that! Thanks again guys

No a dynamic dns service just lets you connect to your equipment over the internet using a permanent, friendly DNS name instead of using the routers IP address which may change over time (since most are DHCP-assigned WAN router addresses).

Do this test.
1. Fire up your eqbcs server on the PC
2. From another PC on your internal network open a command prompt:
telnet 192.168.X.X 2112
(where 192.168.x.x is the IP of your box running eqbcs)

If you are using Win 8 or Win 7 and telnet gives an error like file not found or unknown command, that means you need to enable the telnet client in Control Panel>Programs and Features>Windows Components.
(Depends on which OS you are on)

This will definitevely tell you if you box running eqbcs is GTG!

If it works, then you just need to double check the router port forward setting.

Last edited:
ok, soooo I'm a dummy. I was thinking about it, and I wondered to myself, "Self, do you think that cablemodem they installed has a router built in?" so I drive my ass home and look and sure enough, it does.

long story short, I opened the port on that and now it works.

HOWEVER, the android app just continually crashes. I saw that it can no longer be updated - so does that mean I am out of luck for a cellular option to stay connected to the EQBC server? I dont have the ability to install on my work puter, but if i HAD to I could bring in my laptop.

I just downloaded the free version from the Play store.
No crash here, but I didn't try to connect to an eqbcs server.