Plugin: MQ2AASpend -- AutoAAspender plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man. Corrected (and ya, it was just reporting it that way, it was toggling it correctly). :)

htw

attention

Attention

Changed the syntax of the add command.

Got tired of making people use " marks, so you will notice the add parameters are swapped (priority is first).

Added changes to status, additional command options, etc.

Added INI support (see below). Note that now, priorities are dynamic, and can be from 1 to 2000, instead of 1 to 100 only. Yeah, that means you could have 2000 entries per class or toon LOL.

aaspend_help.png

For INI support, let me explain, hopefully I can be clear as mud here:

Per toon settings are in your server_toon.ini, under the [MQ2AASpend] section. They are of the format: priority#=aa name

*IF* a toon specific section is not there, it will check MQ2AASpend.ini for a global class section, e.g. [Wizard] or [Ranger], and if that's there, read those instead - then save them to your server_toon.ini, under the [MQ2AASpend] section. They are the same format: priority#=aa name

When using add, replace, delete, or clear - all saves to the server_toon.ini section are immediate.

Make sure your priorities and names are unique, if you manually edit your INI (using in-game commands will check this for you). If not unique, any repeats of a priority or name will get ignored. Example:

[MQ2AASpend]
20=Innate Strength
20=Innate Stamina

In that example, Innate Stamina will get ignored. You would instead want it like:

[MQ2AASpend]
20=Innate Strength
21=Innate Stamina

or whatever other priority values you want.

As usual, report what issues you have, and I will get them sorted out.

Thanks.

htw

Last edited:
What. The. Fuck. HTW,

I was wondering why you were taking so long to make me a sammich.

If i may be so bold as to make a suggestion or two.
1. Add an amount of banked AAs to start buying at, not just as you can afford them.
2. Add max ranks per priority. ie. innate stamina 6 @ pri 20, and innate stamina 10 (or M for max it) at pri 100 using the following format:
20=stamina|6
100=stamina|M
3. as i was dicking around making an include version of AA purchasing for macros, i decided for brute force spending, it'd be nifty if i could delegate tab order first. and in macro format, i can. any chance you can add this in plugin? i use a | delimiter:

in macro version it looked like this:

in the ini:
[AABuy]
AABuyAt=15 (meaning i wouldnt start spending until i had 15 banked)
AABuyTabOrder=Special|Class|Archetype|General (i want special tab ones bought first, then class, then archetype, then general)
AABuy1=Innate Stamina|6
AABuy2=Innate Strength|9
AABuy3=Innate Stamina|M

in macro:
/declare AABuyAt int outer ${Ini[MyIni,AABuy,AABuyAt,15]}
/declare AABuyTabOrder string outer ${Ini[MyIni,AABuy,AABuyTabOrder]}
then declare all the AABuy${i} blah blah

Now in a macro i can use an array and string.Arg[|] to figure out my order, so i am guessing you can do the same within the plugin without difficulty. My process is lengthy in a macro though because AAW_ArchList likes to be different:

Code:
/if (${Me.AAPoints}<${AABuyAt}) /return
/declare i int local
/declare AATabs[4,3] string outer
/for i 1 to 4 {
        /if (${AABuyTabOrder.Arg[${i},"|"].Equal[General]}) {
            /varset AATab[${i},1] General
            /varset AATab[${i},2] AAW_GeneralPage
            /varset AATab[${i},3] AAW_GeneralList
            }
        /if (${AABuyTabOrder.Arg[${i},"|"].Equal[Archetype]}) {
            /varset AATab[${i},1] Archetype
            /varset AATab[${i},2] AAW_ArchetypelPage
            /varset AATab[${i},3] AAW_ArchList
            }
        /if (${AABuyTabOrder.Arg[${i},"|"].Equal[Class]}) {
            /varset AATab[${i},1] Class
            /varset AATab[${i},2] AAW_ClassPage
            /varset AATab[${i},3] AAW_ClassList
            }
        /if (${AABuyTabOrder.Arg[${i},"|"].Equal[General]}) {
            /varset AATab[${i},1] Special
            /varset AATab[${i},2] AAW_SpecialPage
            /varset AATab[${i},3] AAW_SpecialList
            }
        }
    /next i

Just something to consider.

Some good ideas pete.

• Added code to support ranks
  • Added code to support auto/brute start limits
I didn't do anything with the tabs. I'll think about that one. :)

htw

So, I'm not sure if this has to do with the new AAspend or not, but I used to run 3 instances of the same macro easily on my computer, and my ping wouldn't be effected at all using the old AA spend. Now with the new one if I have more than 2 characters using AAspend it seems that my ping goes through the roof. Any idea why this could be?

I should add though that I like the ease of use and functionality of this a lot better than the original plugin.

Last edited:
So, I'm not sure if this has to do with the new AAspend or not, but I used to run 3 instances of the same macro easily on my computer, and my ping wouldn't be effected at all using the old AA spend. Now with the new one if I have more than 2 characters using AAspend it seems that my ping goes through the roof. Any idea why this could be?

I should add though that I like the ease of use and functionality of this a lot better than the original plugin.
Hmm, no idea. Maybe email me what mac you are using to htwmmo@gmail.com, and I can see. I just logged in 3 accounts, and am not seeing any kind of ping change.

Added the ability to specify type order priority in brute force mode (general, archetype, class, special).

htw

First off, huge Thank You for updating this plugin and adding features, I am very happy with it. I think I found a bug tho. I haven't messed with it much, was just playing with it mostly.

I logged in a toon with 11 AA banked. The toon already had rank 3 of innate run speed. I loaded the plugin, did "/aaspend add 1 innate run speed|4", got the confirmation "MQ2AASpend::Ability 'Innate Run Speed (Rank 4)' set to priority 1" in the MQ2 window, then the plugin instantly purchased both Rank 4 and Rank 5 of innate run speed.

It took me a while to figure out how to even add ranks, as I couldn't find that info in the updated post, so it's very possible I didn't add the AA correctly. My ini file shows "1=Innate Run Speed|4".

Also, very minor and can be ignored, but there is a spelling error for "priority" when adding abilities. ;p

Last edited:
First off, huge Thank You for updating this plugin and adding features, I am very happy with it. I think I found a bug tho. I haven't messed with it much, was just playing with it mostly.

I logged in a toon with 11 AA banked. The toon already had rank 3 of innate run speed. I loaded the plugin, did "/aaspend add 1 innate run speed|4", got the confirmation "MQ2AASpend::Ability 'Innate Run Speed (Rank 4)' set to priority 1" in the MQ2 window, then the plugin instantly purchased both Rank 4 and Rank 5 of innate run speed.

It took me a while to figure out how to even add ranks, as I couldn't find that info in the updated post, so it's very possible I didn't add the AA correctly. My ini file shows "1=Innate Run Speed|4".

Also, very minor and can be ignored, but there is a spelling error for "priority" when adding abilities. ;p
Hey, thanks for the feedback. Corrected the spelling error. ;)

Since it does it every pulse, I think it probably spent it on you twice, before it ever realized (from the client) that it spent it the first time. I've adjusted it, hopefully it'll stop at the right rank now.

htw

I used to experience lag when I had multiple accounts trying to spend AA at the same time. So its probably not just having it on and 3 accounts. Its having 3 accounts on and trying to access it constantly at the same time to spend AA or check the INI.

Finding a possible problem.

Checked servername_toon ini and multiple toons have the auto array setup.

The problem is that whatever toon loads up first is the array that is selected for the entire session. If toon1 loads up their array is selected then switch to toon2 at character select toon1's array is still loaded. The only way I can get the array to toon2 loaded is to log completely out and load toon2 up first.

if the constant access is what is lagging it, maybe he could put a delay between checks. i dont know if it would be better to be user defined or automatic. but 1, 5, 10 minutes would be more than adequate for most exping conditions.

Finding a possible problem.

Checked servername_toon ini and multiple toons have the auto array setup.

The problem is that whatever toon loads up first is the array that is selected for the entire session. If toon1 loads up their array is selected then switch to toon2 at character select toon1's array is still loaded. The only way I can get the array to toon2 loaded is to log completely out and load toon2 up first.
Thanks SHV126! Smacked myself in the head for that one. :D

It should be corrected now, so it loads properly if you switch out chars.

Thanks.

htw

A few minor changes:

- Added load option
- Sorted dump & search results by AA name
- Added example command switch, to show some examples of usage

htw

One suggestion, a way to save settings (mostly auto spend on), so that I don't have to manually turn it on each time I open up each box.

One suggestion, a way to save settings (mostly auto spend on), so that I don't have to manually turn it on each time I open up each box.
I had considered that, but was really hesitant to have it remember brute or auto flags, to protect the innocent. ;)

If you want it always on, you can do that easily with ingame.cfg:

/aaspend auto on

or

/aaspend brute on

htw

Alright, another bug (or maybe it's intentional, not sure). I have MinAutoStart set to 15, and a list that looks something like this:

1=Combat Agility|10
2=Combat Stability|10
3=Mystical Attuning
4=Planar Power|5
5=Quick Buff

I assumed that once it reached 15 AA banked, it would purchase as many ranks of Combat Agility as possible. However, it only purchases 1 rank of it, then moves on to priority #2, purchases 1 rank, then moves to priority #3, etc.

Perhaps I missed something, but is it possible for it to purchase as many ranks as it can of priority 1 before moving on?

Status
Not open for further replies.