please add download link to various update files

nestharus

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I can't connect to update server.. I need 3 updates and I have no way of downloading them since I can't download them from the site.

It'd be really nice if the pages for the different files had download links so that I could download manually and put into folder.

Tx

My ISP blocks certain things (many things, especially torrents), so you could be using ports he doesn't like ; P.

You mean something like this. That has existed since the beginning.. did you even try looking?
Click me.

That doesn't have all the updates in it >.>. I did initially try downloading that, yes =p.

I did look.

The main installer is missing 3 updates.

Just curious if you can log into the loader it should be using same ports to download them. So if you can log in should you not be able to download?

I can log in to the load but I can't connect to the update server.

edit
I just need updates to these 3 files >.<

MQ2MMOTLO.dll
MQ2ItemDisplay.ini
MQUI_TaskListWnd.xml

edit
And yea, the full installation version isn't the latest version. It is the one released 7/31/11.

edit
proof.. this is what I got right after downloading and running http://www.mmobugs.com/latest.php?id=setup

attachment.php

Notice the date and version and notice how there are updates

edit
According to this, I have the latest version
attachment.php

but it wants updates?

What's going on? D:

Attachments

• proof.JPG
    proof.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 70
  • proof 2.JPG
    proof 2.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Tried that, but the pre-compiled zip was the exact same thing as the full compiled.

Well, I just said that I couldn't connect to update server, lol

Now just 2 files to go

edit
nvm, now missing all of these woo

MQ2ChatWnd.ini
MQ2HUD.ini
MQ2ItemDisplay.ini
Loot.ini
MQ2Cast_Spell_Routines.inc
MQUI_TaskListWnd.xml

And as usual, can't connect to update server. Also, I did get to MQ2ItemDisplay.ini file in updates using the url you gave, but it says that it's the wrong one or something (still showing that it needs an update).

Anywho

My error is: Failed to connect to update server

;p

Last edited:
Just FYI: Those files always show up for me as needing update. And I always just deselect the INI files anyway. I'm not sure they actually need updating or it's not some kind of glitch in the update server

The reason they show as needing updating is because yours are not the exact same file (size, date modification, etc). Does not mean the really are an update for you and certainly does not mean there is a glitch. Most other ini files are created locally by their respective plugins, so they would not show up.

jodwop is correct, 'optional' files will show they don't match - because they are included in the compile, as default versions. Obviously for your personal INI files, you don't want to overwrite them. That's why they're not checked by default (unless you turned on that checkmark in the right-hand box, for the ini files).

If you can't connect to the update server for the actual updates, but it shows the updates in the display, then your firewall or router is misconfigured or blocking the FTP protocol. The display of the available updates and the actual updates come from the same place - they just use different protocols.

Regarding where you said: According to this, I have the latest version
The sys info versions show the compile release version, so what you saw is correct. Individual files within the release (such as plugins) get updated sometimes - hence, automatic updates.

If you can't correct why your system isn't allowing you to use FTP, then your best answer is the one Fry gave.

htw

Eh router and system are fine, they don't block things.. it's my ISP like I said =P. He loves to block stuff ^)^.

Eh router and system are fine, they don't block things.. it's my ISP like I said =P. He loves to block stuff ^)^.

If your ISP blocks port 21, then you have the worlds worst ISP. Get a new one.