Macro BankSorter

Chatwiththisname

Learning2Code
Reaction score
So I'm no professional programmer and my fiance demanded my time quite a bit in the past two days. I've got a functional sorter, but it's probably not as expected thus far. I only got to spend about 3 hours doing this. Currently it only sorts each bag alphabetically...individually. I could have made arrays and done the entire inventory. To be honest I was so busy learning the syntax needed to compare strings since the ${String.Compare[String2]} is returning unexpected results I had to create my own means of comparing strings with length greater than 1, that I didn't have time to learn how to use arrays in macros. It's certainly very crude but it was also a rush job. Improvements from other macro's that I looked at is probably the fact that instead of slowly opening each bag and moving items slowly it's really freaking fast. That might be a good thing. I got a shitty PC and it worked fine for me. But please do wait until the macro says it has ended as there is only 1 check to see if the bank window and bags are open, that is at the start.

If I have time sometime in the future I'll convert this into using arrays and get it to sort the entire bank.
usage:

[Update] Will now try to /target banker and open the bank window. But this only works if the banker's name has the word banker in it. IE: Doesn't work for Dogle Pitt, though I could add that in if people request it.

/mac banksorter

Better than nothing??

Video includes a show of what it looks like when it runs. I've spread out my inventory containers to spread across the screen and covered the char name up in as many locations as I saw and had an illusion on. So you can download the 13.52 mb crappy quality video, or you can download the 4.4kb file. Note: My characters inventory was sorted like 800 times while making this macro and I simply removed items from random bags and moved them to the last bag. That way you could see compression, and sorting.

Attachments

• eqgame 2017-07-24 14-19-39-17.mp4
    13.5 MB · Views: 67
  • BankSorter.mac
    4.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Test Release

Test release for the BankSorter. Uses an Array to sort the entire bank.

Known Issues:
1. Sorting items in reverse alphabetical order (LOL).

2. First and last items are non-team players. IE: They don't want to be sorted and I couldn't make them do it.

3. If you sort your bank. Then you try to sort again without making any changes to your bank. It'll grab the next to last item and move it from the first bag all the way back to where it got it from. This is obviously an indication as to how I messed up the sort algorithm, but I don't care enough to fix it.

Features I probably should have included but didn't:
1. Check your bags for items that stack with items in bank and then move them to the bank, but with a bool value TRUE/FALSE defaulted to FALSE so the player has to manually turn it on, Possibly store that value as an INI entry.

2. INI Entry for items to leave alone in the previous mentioned thing I probably should have included.

3. Make a pong game that you can play while your bank is sorting because when you got 300 items the sorting method does up to 90,000 calculations before it finishes sorting your bank. (Obviously this is a joke, I can't even sort an array properly)

Attachments

• BankSorter.mac
    8.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Bump for test release. I can get it to sort, but only if I do it in the array sort method. Which means items get moved a lot. It's better to sort the array and then move each item once. But hey...it works. Similar issue I've been having. First item and last item decided not to be team players are could be any object lol.

Last edited:
I'm not going to be working on this anymore as my brain hurts trying to figure this thing out. However if someone finds a fix for it I'll update the original post/test release accordingly. In the mean time it mostly does what it is intended to do and that's good enough for me.

Thanks for this, Chats. I haven't left chardok in a few days now, but as soon as I'm done farming that place I'm going to be using this on my far too messed up banks. Appreciate it :)

is there any way to add a function or is there another macro where i can have my TS mule autobank the whole inventory in her bags to the bank?

is there any way to add a function or is there another macro where i can have my TS mule autobank the whole inventory in her bags to the bank?

The entire inventory including bags, or just remove all the items from their bags?