Plazmic of MQ Passes On

Appleseed

One of the quiet ones..
Reaction score
Just if any of you don't check the MQ2 Forums often, Joe (Plazmic/WyrvenX) Buchanan passed away this last week. He was the original programmer of MacroQuest. I'm not going to repost it here, but rather link to the page there. http://macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=130630#130630

I know MacroQuest was one of the things that got me to actually put a compiler, then learn to program somewhat. See the above link for information.

Last edited:
there is a link.. its hard to see though

What do you mean vulturing off his work? You consider MQ2 Vulturing off Plazmics work? If so you are retarded.

... I think he meant sites like this are vultures of his work as people get pre-compiled versions, sites make cash off subscribers, people take his code and use it to make hacks that fuck over other hackers.. etc.

They have a site its called www.macroquest2.com. He linked it in his post.

As for this site, if not mistaken Lax was the one that wanted to put in protection so one person could not hand out compiles. That is one of the big things that drove sites like this to grow.

This is very sad indeed, the guy was one in a million. I wish there was some way to help his family out.

Very sad. MQ was revolutionary. I still think Plazmic was quite stupid for releasing it to the public, he could have made tens of millions keeping it for himself.

I disagree... the open source nature of MQ allowed it to expand much more rapidly than could have been possible had he kept it closed source and tried to develop everything himself

I said nothing about expansion of MQ. I said for personal profit he could have made tens of millions of $ by keeping it for himself and using it to macro and dupe.

Right, and i'm saying he would have had to develop all the plugins currently used to macro and dupe all by himself or within his inner circle of users... that kind of development takes alot of time and effort.

Regardless... its sad to see him go so early in his life.

Not really. EQ used to be full of easy exploits that would still be alive today if it wasn't for the public release of MQ.

You seem like the Sprite from F-H who thought that everything should be kept to the cool guys and anyone stupid should shell out assload of money for it..

Anyways not everyone is about money like you.

Jesus Fucking Christ! You people make me sick to my stomach sometimes!
The man who made ALL of this possible is DEAD! Of a brain aeurysm! At age 29! He left behind a wife and family and alot of friends! And all you can do in this thread is ARGUE about stupid shit! How about alittle respect you fucking pinheads!

My condolences to his family and many friends, he will be truely missed by alot of people.

I agree Anon456. Any chance that a mod could move/remove the threads out of this one? Create a new thread and dump em there, but this is bad taste. Delete mine please if you move em..

kk, thankx.

If you can't stay on topic in this threat, STFU and go away.

to bad we could not try and set up some kind of a donation thing and get macroquest2 and redguides and here to try and pitch in and send something to the family or something like that?? Even if its just a card it would at least be nice

oh my!

So young! I never knew him but anyone dying that young is tragic. Those poor boys!

Aneurysms are so sudden and unpredictable. Be so kind to each other. You just can't take life for granted.

I knew him in real life, but not as Plazmic and didn't even know. We worked at MS together and we would occasionally run into each other, but I honestly had no idea he was the founder of MQ, a program I have been using religiously for years.

Wow.

Jesus Fucking Christ! You people make me sick to my stomach sometimes!
The man who made ALL of this possible is DEAD! Of a brain aeurysm! At age 29! He left behind a wife and family and alot of friends! And all you can do in this thread is ARGUE about stupid shit! How about alittle respect you fucking pinheads!

My condolences to his family and many friends, he will be truely missed by alot of people.

Trying to understand crackheads will probably be the death of you. :D

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. I did not know Plazmic personally, but obviously he was a catalyst for a piece of software used by tens of thousands maybe more. His work with MQ and subsequent MQ2 has inspired many people to become programmers, many have harnessed their abilities and found work in a variety of industries. His foray into reverse engineering has left a true legacy of positives including radical changes to MMO developers such as SOE and how they do business. And let's not forget a whole industry worth millions that surrounds its use.

Salut!