Plugin Overseer

I use it on 6-12 accounts depending on the day and I have yet to see this behavior so I'm going to offer some suggestions and cross my fingers.

#1 While no characters in game. Rename or delete your MQ2Overseer.ini
#2 Load into EQ and MQ2Overseer will force a complete reload / rescan of everything.
#3 Report back here if this fixed it.

ill try this tonite once its back up thanks dewey :)

Reactions: EQDAB
Use /overseer restart once in a while.
No impact on play, and stuck evaluations if any will be magically cancelled.
Hotkey is your friend.
Perfect job.

My only request for the sale is that it's a "site license." I run 8 toons on each of two computers. Tied to my login is even better.

Last edited:
is this available as of 8/20/2020...........how much.............provide link to purchase

is this available as of 8/20/2020...........how much.............provide link to purchase

Its currently available for free as part of the mmobugs distro. Just select it like you would the other plugins here.

I'm planning to make it paid at some point in the future. But haven't worked out the details or the exact timeline.

Well, could you remove that message that requires clicking on it every time then?

• Haha
Well, could you remove that message that requires clicking on it every time then?

I could but it serves an important purpose. People really hate it when something that was free changes to something that is a paid thing so I wanted it to be annoying and enjoyable when I do get the details worked out.

I'll put some additional effort in this weekend to figure out how to make it paid ASAP.

Maybe have it only pop up once on one toon or once a week. I dunno. You're right about people getting mad when something becomes paid.

I have a lead on a non critical bug that was causing the WARNING: Report missing button for ________ .

The root cause the overseer reusing the same quest names but changing the details of the quest. When you leave your characters logged in for 12,24,48 hrs you are likely to have a "Recruit Fighters", or "Captured Recovery" be on your available quest list as one thing, then be rotated into another with the same name but different requirements. The overseer plugin then tries to evaluate the "Captured Recovery" quest feeding it agents that fit the previous quest. Since they don't quality the wrong agents get stuffed into the roll.

The solution to this issue is to try and find a way to create a unique quest ID from multiple parts of the quest, or just have the plugin 'restart' each time the quests rotate. The down side with that approach is it then has to re-read and re-evaluate everything taking 30-60s.

Thank you for everyone who reported the issue.

I have a lead on a non critical bug that was causing the WARNING: Report missing button for ________ .

The root cause the overseer reusing the same quest names but changing the details of the quest. When you leave your characters logged in for 12,24,48 hrs you are likely to have a "Recruit Fighters", or "Captured Recovery" be on your available quest list as one thing, then be rotated into another with the same name but different requirements. The overseer plugin then tries to evaluate the "Captured Recovery" quest feeding it agents that fit the previous quest. Since they don't quality the wrong agents get stuffed into the roll.

The solution to this issue is to try and find a way to create a unique quest ID from multiple parts of the quest, or just have the plugin 'restart' each time the quests rotate. The down side with that approach is it then has to re-read and re-evaluate everything taking 30-60s.

Thank you for everyone who reported the issue.

30-60s added to running tasks probably isn't that big of a deal considering how long each task takes to run anyway. If the tasks were only a few minutes then 30-60s would be huge but when they are in hours I don't see a big problem.

The only time this would need to be redone is when the active quest is not 5/5 for example. So wouldn't a simple AND statement in the quest rotate check, stop it from constantly re-evaluating the list?

EQ devs made some fairly major changes to overseer. Doing the quest assignments by hand are trivial now!

The plugin will still be useful for doing automation but the hard part of calculating which agents to use is now trivial. Pick the first agent on the list.

also getting a popup box now and then saying that the agents are going to be unavailable for 24hrs or some sort. will screenshot it if I see it again

I just tried out the plugin for the 1st time, Im not even familiar w overseer to begin with
I do know I dont want reg xp or AA xp on my main toon dont need collects, im more interested in the currency (still dont know where i could buy what with it, but a friend mentioned rez tokens)
I am not clear how to select rewards i want especially which I dont want
can anyone explain the ini (maybe thats what covers it)
Code:
AutoAccept=1
AutoFill=1
AutoEval=1
AutoStart=1
AutoCollect=1
AutoReward=1
AutoPause=1
ScaleScore=1
Convert=2
Version=3
AutoMerc=0
BestGuess=0
Reward1=1
Quest1=2
Success1=100
Reward2=0
Quest2=3
Success2=70
Reward3=0
Quest3=1
Success3=80
Reward4=0
Quest4=0
Success4=0
Reward5=0
Quest5=0
Success5=0

The first thing I would suggest is looking at the documentation here: https://github.com/dewey2461/MQ2Overseer/wiki

You don't want to try and edit the ini directly.

Instead you want to use the setup menu to select the reward you want.

1. Click the [ S ] button on the main window
2. Click in the "reward list" to bring up the list of reward options
3. Click each reward you want in the order you want it.

In your case you would click "Overseer Tetradachm" and then click the "save" button until you get back to the main menu.

Reactions: Fizz and Dealings
I sent Fry an update to the code. I'm sure he'll push it out in the next day or two.

v1.17 - Now restarts when quests rotated - This should fix a bug where recruit quests would not get updated correctly after getting rotated, which lead to the plugin solving the old quest and having invalid (unable to find agent) messages.

v1.18 - Modified finding Y/N window - I have not be able to test this but in theory the code should be better at always finding the Y/N dialog window. If anyone can figure out how to force the client to get bugged please let me know.

v1.19 - Removed intro splash screen - I have decided not to go with a pay to play model. Donations are certainly welcome. Send them to Dewey2461@gmail.com

If you find any issues please post here or on discord.