Plugin Overseer

Problem accepting tasks after client running more than a few hours

I am seeing some issues after the client has been running where the quest accepts do not automatically get accepted even if the settings say they should be. I then have to manually accept the starting of the quests. Sorry I cannot provide more information. if you need some otehr debugging information, let me know.

Even if I unload the plugin, and then reload it, it still seems to require manual acceptance of the dialog box.

I am seeing some issues after the client has been running where the quest accepts do not automatically get accepted even if the settings say they should be. I then have to manually accept the starting of the quests. Sorry I cannot provide more information. if you need some otehr debugging information, let me know.

Even if I unload the plugin, and then reload it, it still seems to require manual acceptance of the dialog box.

This bug is not unique to the overseer.

The confirmation dialog box is used for many things and at times the client loses track of the first dialog box and leaves it stranded, while creating a 2nd instance.

From that point on all the macros or plugins that scan for the confirmation dialog box find the first one which is closed and assume there is nothing to do.

I probably should go ahead and create a separate plugin for handling interactions with multiple dialog boxes.

But for now the only way I know to zone or relog.

Testing of the new agent scanning and reward delay seems to have done the trick for the conversion bug.

I have completed the Auto Merc feature and testing seems to indicate it is working well enough to release it.

-- New feature --

"Best Guess" --> Reduce time to complete quest evaluation from 30-60s down to 5-10s

I have been unable to figure out the formula that DB uses to calculate the score.

On the other hand I have noticed that most quests are about 95% if you have a perfect match of attributes. Harder quests are a little lower, easier quests a little higher.

Thus the best guess acts as a estimate based on the number of attributes your agents match and will evaluate those that are a perfect match, followed by those missing 1 attribute, then 2 attributes, etc.

If you want your overseer to spend less time blinking at you this feature will be nice.

-- ETA --

I have the code working but need to clean up and finish testing / debugging.

I expect I will hand off the code to Fry this weekend and it will be ready for the patch next week.

Last edited:
I mailed Fry my latest code

Change log:
05/29/2020 - v1.01 - Ready for beta testing
05/30/2020 - v1.02 - Fixes CTD due to uninitilized vars
05/31/2020 - v1.03 - Add help and better XML window error reporting
06/05/2020 - v1.04 - Add /autoinv for collection item
06/08/2020 - v1.05 - Major rewrite of core agent selection
06/17/2020 - v1.06 - Refactor agent scanning
06/19/2020 - v1.07 - Refactor claiming rewards
06/20/2020 - v1.08 - Added several command line options
06/24/2020 - v1.09 - /reloadui should no longer crash to desktop
07/01/2020 - v1.10 - Added option to control merc
07/02/2020 - v1.11 - Added option to never evaluate a quest type
07/06/2020 - v1.12 - Rewrote agent scan method to fix conversion bug
07/12/2020 - v1.13 - Added check for agents stuck at (0h 0m 0s) ** Untested

It turns out that if you select the agent tab and leave it open for a few seconds your agents stuck at (0h 0m 0s) will update. I didn't notice the bug because I often cycle through my characters looking at which rares each account has. Which means I haven't had any test cases to prove the code I put in works.

Let me know if you have any issues or additional feature requests.

Seem to be getting more crashing - sent in the dmp files.

Seem to be getting more crashing - sent in the dmp files.

What is your typical use case where it crashes?
Are you switching between characters?

I haven't hit a single crash in over a week of testing but I generally just log in. Do stuff for a couple hours then log out.

Yes, I do usually have multiple characters on which will all be on the same OS schedule so it will be picking missions for all at the same time.

When my current timers are up I'll do one at a time and see if I can replicate.

Looks like it may be stuck in an eval loop and crashing when given a high-level quest and all agents available are incapacitated.

Tried to do it this morning and crashed on 2 of 3 toons both had that happen with quests. This was running it only on 1 toon at a time.

Thanks,

Having the same issue. Crashing on all toons.
I manually picked the tasks and when i restarted it it crashed eq again.

What is your typical use case where it crashes?
Are you switching between characters?

I haven't hit a single crash in over a week of testing but I generally just log in. Do stuff for a couple hours then log out.

I log on then click the OK for overseer to begin.
It start assessing the available missions then crashed to the desktop

Have submitted the logs on 2 toons

I log on then click the OK for overseer to begin.
It start assessing the available missions then crashed to the desktop

Have submitted the logs on 2 toons

Fizz, could you provide me with a bit more detail.

1. Login
2. Press OK on Overseer Assistant (OA)
3. OA opens the overseer window and scans the agents tab
4. OA starts scanning the active quests.
5. OA collects finished rewards
6. OA fills in the possible quests
7. OA auto eval will start
8. OA selects the best and that quest moves to the active list
9. OA goes back to #7.

Q1. Is the crash repeatable?
Q2. Does it crash while evaluating quests? or after it has selected a quest?

Please post your mq2overseer.ini file ( warning it has character names so change those )

FYI - I just loaded the bugs version of the code and ran it on six of my characters with no issues.

Last edited:
it has gotten serious for me

Overseer has been causing regular crashes but it has now escalated.

After an overseer crash I became unable to log on at all with MQ loaded.

I have rebooted with 5 minutes of OFF time before restarting still unable to load toons with mq running. no problem without mq

I have submitted a fix to Fry so expect to see a fix incoming shortly.

Special thanks to Fizen for spending two nights helping debugging the issue.

Ran again with the new version for the first time and did not crash on any toon.

Thanks for the changes!!

I'm looking for ideas on what to add next.

The estimated score hit a dead end. I may come back to it later.

I'm considering adding an "agents" screen but hate to try and squeeze in another button.

On the other hand it would be nice to get a quick glance to see if you have maxed out your agents and can stop doing recruit/conversion missions.

I'm looking for ideas on what to add next.

The estimated score hit a dead end. I may come back to it later.

I'm considering adding an "agents" screen but hate to try and squeeze in another button.

On the other hand it would be nice to get a quick glance to see if you have maxed out your agents and can stop doing recruit/conversion missions.

How hard would it be to do a lookup of the agents and if at max it simply ignores recruit missions

How hard would it be to do a lookup of the agents and if at max it simply ignores recruit missions

Fairly easy.

I think a better approach would be to issue a warning to the console saying you've reached max agents.

If I just start ignoring recruitment/conversion missions someone will ask why they are not working.

Fairly easy.

I think a better approach would be to issue a warning to the console saying you've reached max agents.

If I just start ignoring recruitment/conversion missions someone will ask why they are not working.

This is a good point. have it similar to the conversion pop up box.